Ohio State post-game thread

Reacher

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Season has officially entered the danger zone.  Next game against Iowa is a must-win, can’t go into the Purdue game on a four-game losing streak.  Let’s see if they learned anything from last year.

We don’t play again until Purdue. 

No idea what to think. We missed at least a dozen shots in the paint, I lost track of how many rebounds we either fumbled or knocked out of bounds, and we left them open for 3s all over the court. Wide open. The only real solution I can come up with in this situation is to just watch the home games. Cripes.

2 games in next 13 days both at home. Get the guys healthy and get some confidence again. Dog days are here but nothing that isn't correctable with a couple of home wins. Sparty getting depantsed at Sconny down their best scorer just tells me more and more.....on the road problems isn't exclusive to IU only. Have a good one gang. 

Hard to see any positives from this game, but I do get the feeling the Hunter is finally coming into his own. His shot is starting to fall and he's pretty active on the defensive side of the ball. Other than that, I wouldn't be surprised if the Value City arena needs fumigated after the way IU stunk it up. 

We shot 58.3% from 3 and we only shot 12 all game.  Also, our best player in the post only got 6 shots.  One off a deflection, and I think 3 in the 2nd half were from offensive rebounds.  That means we got him 2 shots in the flow of the offense.  Yikes.

I don't know what we want to call our offensive system, but it isn't working.  If we're shooting above 50% from 3, we should put up 25+.  If not, TJD should get 15+ shots.  To have 12 threes and TJD get 6 shots is a disaster.

We also give up open 3 after open 3.  I have zero confidence this is a system built to work in 2020.

Archived