Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

Finally. Prime Time For The IU vs PU Pre-Game Thread

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Garza will be doubled a lot tonight. Going to have to make guys like McCaffery beat us from 3. 

I think Purdue wins by double digits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Purdue making it look easy right now.

10-17 from the 3pt line...geez loueez!!  Hope they're worn out for us.

50-31 the Boilers with 2:37 in first half.

Edited by jv1972iu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

10-17 from the 3pt line...geez loueez!!  Hope they're worn out for us.

50-31 the Boilers with 2:37 in first half.

Purdue is shooting well, but Iowa's defense is basically non-existent...

Even the bald cat is having a career day...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

Oh my God Purdue just put up 61 in the first half leaD 61-36.  11/20 from 3 shot 65% for the half 

 

18 assists on 24 baskets

Edited by jv1972iu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could not believe it when I turned the game on it was 48-25.  I hope they get this 3 point shooting out of their system and shoot like they normally do on the road Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Love how we have fans freaking out and worried about a home game against a 13-10 team. God this program has fallen so far. 

We’ll win Saturday.  This type of stuff happens on the road.  MD had us down by 30 and we had them beat in the Hall before the choke job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Love how we have fans freaking out and worried about a home game against a 13-10 team. God this program has fallen so far. 

We're on a three game losing streak and folks are remembering last season.  There's room for concern, IMO.  Not sure I'd call it freaking out.  😊

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

They won’t be intimidated after that performance!

We are talking about the same PU team who had to go on a 11-0 run in the last 3 minutes in there last game to beat the last place team.  They have played well for the most part at home and shot very well but when they go on the road they have not played well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must-win game AFAIC. Can't afford to go to 4 game losing streak at this juncture (if at all) at home against biggest rival, who's struggled tremendously on the road. The psychological consequences of a loss here could well signal another late season slide of last year's proportions. Win or lose, ANYTHING less than 40 minutes of focus and intensity is a really bad sign. Conversely, a win is huge and the momentum could propel us to the level of performance we need down the stretch to ensure a spot in the big dance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the strange things about this series is since 2000 this game has only been played twice with both teams ranked. One other stat I always found funny. Mike Davis with a 10-3 dominating record over Keady/Painter. So funny that the least heralded coach in IU history (I don't count Dakich) has the best record vs Purdue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One of the strange things about this series is since 2000 this game has only been played twice with both teams ranked. One other stat I always found funny. Mike Davis with a 10-3 dominating record over Keady/Painter. So funny that the least heralded coach in IU history (I don't count Dakich) has the best record vs Purdue.

Very strange. Yeah those were some bad Purdue teams those last few years of Keady’s tenure. Recruiting had fallen off a cliff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Could not believe it when I turned the game on it was 48-25.  I hope they get this 3 point shooting out of their system and shoot like they normally do on the road Saturday.

Don't know how much of the game you watched but Iowa got punked on both ends...Garza was the only one that tried to match Purdue's physical play.

Iowa didn't play defense at all...

The lesson is, don't worry about Garza getting his, just don't let Fredrick and Wieskamp kill you...and they don't like physical play...

Edited by IUFLA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Very strange. Yeah those were some bad Purdue teams those last few years of Keady’s tenure. Recruiting had fallen off a cliff. 

We understand that....those first 5 losses  of Crean's tenure (while they count as losses) was almost a joke. Purdue has some of their best teams every and we were returning 2 minutes per game. Not 2 points 2 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We understand that....those first 5 losses  of Crean's tenure (while they count as losses) was almost a joke. Purdue has some of their best teams every and we were returning 2 minutes per game. Not 2 points 2 minutes. 

Yep some of those stats are skewed by both teams having some truly awful years mixed into the equation.

Edited by Stlboiler23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is about heart and pride the team that plays with more of each will win. Those should be easy things to control but those things worry me with this team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...