Finally. Prime Time For The IU vs PU Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'll be singing or typing a different tune at 4pm local time Saturday but a full week off after 3 games in 6 days....our legs will be fresh. Hall will rocking. I don't see much trouble with this one. 

IU 74

Purdue 59

Let's hope that you're right.  😊

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'll be singing or typing a different tune at 4pm local time Saturday but a full week off after 3 games in 6 days....our legs will be fresh. Hall will be rocking. I don't see much trouble with this one. 

IU 74

Purdue 59

I"m kinda with you. On paper, this should be the case - Purdue had a huge win last night in front of a highly charged crowd, and they'll be facing the opposite on Saturday, with 4 days less rest than us. They also had a huge outlier night for shooting 3s, at least in the first half (I didn't watch the rest of it because bleh). At any rate, this should be a good indicator of whether we are making steps forward in this season.

Several of the upperclassmen on this team simply don’t care.  They think they are much better than they actually are and have seemingly not bought into what Archie is selling.  Regardless, Archie still plays them heavy minutes.  Unless Archie changes things drastically, Purdue will want it more, play with urgency and squeak one out on our floor...Purdue 76  IU 73

41 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Several of the upperclassmen on this team simply don’t care.  They think they are much better than they actually are and have seemingly not bought into what Archie is selling.  Regardless, Archie still plays them heavy minutes.  Unless Archie changes things drastically, Purdue will want it more, play with urgency and squeak one out on our floor...Purdue 76  IU 73

Unfortunately, you may be right. As some has mentioned, they seem to think IU will have fresher legs wit a week off. But if memory serves me correctly, the Hoosiers have not performed well with the extra days off. JMO.....

1 hour ago, CTrojan88 said:

Archie’s biggest mistake and what may ultimately be his downfall was not Creaning Devonte and Justin 2 years ago.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28641359/indiana-teams-facing-major-ncaa-tournament-bubble-matchups

Apparently this is a must watch bubble matchup.  Kind of sad actually.  Also most metrics actually favor Pudue on the road.  I dont feel great about this one or any of the remaining games.  I guess we will see. 

6 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28641359/indiana-teams-facing-major-ncaa-tournament-bubble-matchups

Apparently this is a must watch bubble matchup.  Kind of sad actually.  Also most metrics actually favor Pudue on the road.  I dont feel great about this one or any of the remaining games.  I guess we will see. 

I just posted that.  Saturday is a must win for Archie.  Lose and he’d be 0-6 against Porky after the season, right?  The mob would be out in full force.

16 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Here's my concern with this game and the rest of the season. I realize everyone for the most part is winning at home and losing on the road, that's pretty consistent. But the devil is in the details. Purdue smashed MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa at home, just crushed them. They've had their road issues, but they also lost in OT @Michigan, lost by 7 @Maryland, lost by 7 @Rutgers and won @NW. 

You can say the same for some other teams in the conference. They all have a home loss or two like IU and they've all gotten smashed on the road, but they almost all also have some home games where they've smashed teams and some road games where they've won and some road loses where they've at least competed. 

IU is just squeaking by teams at home. We barely beat Nebraska and NW at home. Squeaked by MSU, etc. Then, beyond the @Neb game, IU gets absolutely smashed on the road. We're squeaking by teams at home and then getting crushed on the road. That's a dangerous recipe and one that caught up to IU with the Maryland home loss. 

Why isn't IU crushing teams at home like some of these other guys? There's no reason Nebraska and NW should be able to come into Assembly Hall and nearly steal some wins. Where is IU's game where they just blow an MSU out of the water at home? 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Here's my concern with this game and the rest of the season. I realize everyone for the most part is winning at home and losing on the road, that's pretty consistent. But the devil is in the details. Purdue smashed MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa at home, just crushed them. They've had their road issues, but they also won @Michigan, lost by 7 @Maryland, lost by 7 @Rutgers and won @NW. 

You can say the same for some other teams in the conference. They all have a home loss or two like IU and they've all gotten smashed on the road, but they almost all also have some home games where they've smashed teams and some road games where they've won and some road loses where they've at least competed. 

IU is just squeaking by teams at home. We barely beat Nebraska and NW at home. Squeaked by MSU, etc. Then, beyond the @Neb game, IU gets absolutely smashed on the road. We're squeaking by teams at home and then getting crushed on the road. That's a dangerous recipe and one that caught up to IU with the Maryland home loss. 

Why isn't IU crushing teams at home like some of these other guys? There's no reason Nebraska and NW should be able to come into Assembly Hall and nearly steal some wins. Where is IU's game where they just blow an MSU out of the water at home? 

We actually lost at UM but it was in double OT. NW is our only road conference win sadly. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Here's my concern with this game and the rest of the season. I realize everyone for the most part is winning at home and losing on the road, that's pretty consistent. But the devil is in the details. Purdue smashed MSU, Wisconsin and Iowa at home, just crushed them. They've had their road issues, but they also won @Michigan, lost by 7 @Maryland, lost by 7 @Rutgers and won @NW. 

Simple.  I don’t want to say I told you so again but just like last season we aren’t nearly as good as our record.  

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Simple.  I don’t want to say I told you so again but just like last season we aren’t nearly as good as our record.  

You can't say I told you so to anyone yet, because it hasn't happened yet. Hold serve at home and get some issues figured out on the road and everything is still right in front of this team. But yes, the trends do not look great. 

I'm looking at these last remaining 9 games, and IMO a solid NCAA Tournament team should go 6-3. 5-0 at home, with some of them being comfortable wins, and 1-3 on the road while competing in those games. 

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Check out Peegs or BB or Twitter or Instagram.  Or talk to any casual fan.  

Well most rational and level headed fans which those places don't have,  knows that Archie will be back next year no matter what.  also I don't go to those other places because the fans are just stupid with their remarks towards players and coaches.

1) Buyout is to large.

2) Most coaches gets four years unless of off court problems

3) With a new AD coming in late May he won't fire a coach that late in the process.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Seth Greenberg just said he wants to really like Indiana but just cant trust them. Called us the most inconsistent team in countty

I don't see how we are any more inconsistent than the rest of the Big ten teams that are bunched in the middle of the conference.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well most rational and level headed fans which those places don't have,  knows that Archie will be back next year no matter what.  also I don't go to those other places because the fans are just stupid with their remarks towards players and coaches.

1) Buyout is to large.

2) Most coaches gets four years unless of off court problems

3) With a new AD coming in late May he won't fire a coach that late in the process.

1.  Not really, considering he would get another job and that would offset, and we're Indiana have the cash.  Not a fact.

2.  Fact - You are correct and here is a link to last years firing and the average length of time, winning %, and NCAA birth % -  https://watchstadium.com/comparing-tenures-of-college-basketball-coaches-who-were-fired-resigned-or-upgraded-05-02-2019/

3.  You're completely guessing and have no fact to back this up.  We have no idea what a new AD will do.  We might hire someone that hates CAM and wants him gone.  We might hire his best friend give him and extension.  We just don't know, please stop stating this as fact.

Also, please stop saying people on other boards are stupid.  That people are not rational or level headed because they have difference of opinion than you.  You come off sounding like an arrogant ass when you do (not calling you an arrogant ass, just stating it sounds like that).  Have respect for people and their opinions even though they don't line up with yours.  Defend your opinion with facts and you won't have to call people names.

Go Hoosiers!! 

28 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

1.  Not really, considering he would get another job and that would offset, and we're Indiana have the cash.  Not a fact.

2.  Fact - You are correct and here is a link to last years firing and the average length of time, winning %, and NCAA birth % -  https://watchstadium.com/comparing-tenures-of-college-basketball-coaches-who-were-fired-resigned-or-upgraded-05-02-2019/

3.  You're completely guessing and have no fact to back this up.  We have no idea what a new AD will do.  We might hire someone that hates CAM and wants him gone.  We might hire his best friend give him and extension.  We just don't know, please stop stating this as fact.

Also, please stop saying people on other boards are stupid.  That people are not rational or level headed because they have difference of opinion than you.  You come off sounding like an arrogant ass when you do (not calling you an arrogant ass, just stating it sounds like that).  Have respect for people and their opinions even though they don't line up with yours.  Defend your opinion with facts and you won't have to call people names.

Go Hoosiers!! 

Whatever you say mom and no I have no respect for people that go on social media and rip these kids just because they don't meet our expectations.  I thought I also read where there are no offsets in Archie's contract if he gets another job.

30 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Go Hoosiers!! 

The Offset doesn't kick in until 2023.

38 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Go Hoosiers!! 

I’m hearing Dolson is likely the guy so yeah Archie will probably be here until the boosters raise hell.

Archived