College basketball offensive troubles

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Crean defense and hurry up offense at Geogia skewing the team scoring averages in the SEC?  LOL

I wonder how much scoring is down even this year compared to some recent years.  I follow NBA draft  ranking fairly closely and it seems the general consensus is this year's draft is weak.  Right or wrong, many seem to believe this correlates this to the ultra mediocre play across the board in college to a lack of talent. Could it be the lackluster play is just related to the Power Conference teams.  

On 2/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, NWOHoosier said:

While I agree with many of the reasons already cited for offensive issues, I think the main cause is the amount of physicality allowed in today’s game. Shooters are not protected at all if they are within 7 feet of the basket and cutters can’t make cuts without being grabbed and chucked repeatedly.  Once the game got this physical, offensive flow ceased to exist. 

This is it 100% I don’t like how the college game has gone. I really miss the good old days of college basketball. It has always been my favorite sport to watch. Starting to loose interest in it just not the same game.

23 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Is the Crean defense and hurry up offense at Geogia skewing the team scoring averages in the SEC?  LOL

I wonder how much scoring is down even this year compared to some recent years.  I follow NBA draft  ranking fairly closely and it seems the general consensus is this year's draft is weak.  Right or wrong, many seem to believe this correlates this to the ultra mediocre play across the board in college to a lack of talent. Could it be the lackluster play is just related to the Power Conference teams.  

You got me curious about that Power Conference reference so I checked out a couple of "small" schools from the same "small" conference that both should be dancing.  East Tennessee St. and Furman.  The Buccaneers are averaging 76.5 ppg, the Paladins 77.8 ppg.  They have met once with another game to be played and Furman won that contest(at home) 65-56.  In a loss to 'Bama the Paladins put up 73.  ETSU in a win at LSU put up 74.  

You might be on to something...

Archived