B1G Teams in NCAA (early projection)

DWB

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Moved us down to a 10 seed playing  7 seeded BYU.  Well we win our first two games and then we would be playing in Indy possibly against MSU

Not suprised we dropped.  The Purdue game is a must win.  We'll fall to the bubble with a loss.  

On a positive note we moved up to 51 in the Net rankings.   Still last of the B1G teams with a chance to make it in but a positive nonetheless.

Go Hoosiers!!!

On 2/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, NotIThatLives said:

41 in rpi

51 in net as Indy1987 noted

44 in bpi

46 sagarin

41 kenpom

These are all starting to tighten up.  

With the games last night we creeped up 2 more spots in the Net to  #49.  

Still the lowest of the 12 B1G teams in contention for bids.  Hopefully we can keep moving up.  If we can crack the top 40 I'd feel a lot better about our chances.

Go Hoosiers!!!

21 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's crazy. They're saying even if Indiana wins Saturday, which would make IU 16-7 and Purdue 13-11 that Purdue would have a better chance of making the NCAA Tournament. That's just garbage. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

That's crazy. They're saying even if Indiana wins Saturday, which would make IU 16-7 and Purdue 13-11 that Purdue would have a better chance of making the NCAA Tournament. That's just garbage. 

All these metrics and analytics are just out of control at this point. I can't pay attention to any of it anymore. 

9 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

All these metrics and analytics are just out of control at this point. I can't pay attention to any of it anymore. 

totally agree we should just let the computers play the game out so it would save some time.  Analytics is starting to ruin sports for me because the game is for entertainment and some people think they need to know every little detail.  I tis alright if people like using them for their personal enjoyment of the game but when it starts to interfere with what we see on the court or the field that is when I get upset.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

totally agree we should just let the computers play the game out so it would save some time.  Analytics is starting to ruin sports for me because the game is for entertainment and some people think they need to know every little detail.  I tis alright if people like using them for their personal enjoyment of the game but when it starts to interfere with what we see on the court or the field that is when I get upset.

Sometimes the metrics do reflect what I see on the court, just sayin'....

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I am saying like the metrics say that the only good shots are layups or 3 pointers which to me is ridiculous but it has changed how the game is played.  it is start hurting my enjoyment of the game because it is taking the mid range game out of the game.  it is causing teams to just stand around and wait on ball screens instead of seeing ball movement with the pass and player screening away from the game.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's saying a 17-14 Purdue team gets in before a 19-12 IU team. In the history of the NCAA tourney, 11 teams with 14 losses made the tourney. 5 of those teams in 2011 alone. Yeah, that's not going to happen..... lol

ESPN is defending their BPI crap again. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi

They have Purdue as the 13th best team......in the nation.

That's a 13-10 team with a home loss to Texas and a road loss to Nebraska. 

If you are going to troll, please don't use ESPN BPI, ok?

54 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If we had blown out Nebraska and NW as we should have an not choked against Arkansas we probably wouldn’t be in this position.  Like last season we just don’t pass the eye test.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

If we had blown out Nebraska and NW as we should have an not choked against Arkansas we probably wouldn’t be in this position.  Like last season we just don’t pass the eye test.

Michigan State? Florida State? Ohio State? Even Maryland?

Just curious....

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We were swept by MD.  Barely beat MSU while PU smoked them.  

It should not matter how much you win by but just if you win and that is what is wrong with these metrics.  Also none of the other teams on the bubble is any m ore deserving than we are.

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If only it was 1980 again and basketball was the bestest its ever been and we didn't have technology and tvs were black an white and we all walked up hill both ways and golly gee Beave it would be so swell 

We had color tv in the 80's.  😋  

Archived