B1G Teams in NCAA (early projection)

DWB

1 hour ago, GrangerHoosier said:

All these metrics and analytics are just out of control at this point. I can't pay attention to any of it anymore. 

I have been following them ever since they became prevalent in MLB.  To be honest I scratch my head about them a lot.  They are a good tool in measuring a player's "worth" but not so much in dealing with wins and losses.  Certain variables just can't be predicted by numbers or magical formulas of stats.  

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we had blown out Nebraska and NW as we should have an not choked against Arkansas we probably wouldn’t be in this position.  Like last season we just don’t pass the eye test.

This is where I agree with you. The eye test matters. Beat Nebraska at home by 12-15 (which IU should be able to do), beat NW at home by 15-20 (which IU should be able to do) and don't blow the home games against Arkansas and Maryland and this team would not only be a tournament lock but would probably be ranked around 15ish or even higher, even with all the road beatdowns. 

52 minutes ago, rico said:

My Dad brags about having our first color set that he bought in 1972...

Drove to Chicago with an uncle of mine. Because none were available, yet in Gary.  Bought two color tv's. One for him. And one for us. Still have that tv  stored in my house. Does not work. But oh, the memories.  Still remember how great it was to watch Bozo the Clown.... in color on WGN.

Bozo the Clown!  WGN

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Drove to Chicago with an uncle of mine. Because none were available, yet in Gary.  Bought two color tv's. One for him. And one for us. Still have that tv  stored in my house. Does not work. But oh, the memories.  Still remember how great it was to watch Bozo the Clown.... in color on WGN.

Bozo the Clown!  WGN

remember having only 4 or 5 channels and your family actually set down together at night to watch TV.  Now everyone has their own TV and after dinner everyone goes to their own room and watches what the want.  Also remember having to be the remote when we wanted to change the channel.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

remember having only 4 or 5 channels and your family actually set down together at night to watch TV.  Now everyone has their own TV and after dinner everyone goes to their own room and watches what the want.  Also remember having to be the remote when we wanted to change the channel.

Yes. YOU were the remote.  Had to get up to change the channel.  Remember... "It's Howdy Doody Time" ?  Came on just three days a week.  And no tv in the afternoon.  Then 15 minutes of news with Douglas Edwards.

Its Howdy Doody time!!! 

Like I said in another thread, this team does not deserve to make the tournament if it can’t get to 20 wins.  I don’t know if I can handle a second straight year of Indiana fans whining about getting left out of the tournament with another pathetic W-L record.  There will be no one to blame but the team itself if IU doesn’t make the tournament this year.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Like I said in another thread, this team does not deserve to make the tournament if it can’t get to 20 wins.  I don’t know if I can handle a second straight year of Indiana fans whining about getting left out of the tournament with another pathetic W-L record.  There will be no one to blame but the team itself if IU doesn’t make the tournament this year.

There will be a few team below 20 wins that will get into the tournament.  Right now Lunardi still has PU and UW in the tournament and both already have 10 losses and has Minnesota in the last 4 out with 10 losses.

1 hour ago, rico said:

My Dad brags about having our first color set that he bought in 1972...

Do you remember if it was an RCA , Zenith or a Quasar? Sony started moving into the country about that time with record players but not sure when Sony tv arrived?

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Bozo the Clown!  WGN

I remember Sunday nights, Disney World of Color and Bonanza.....,

Those were the days when life was so much simpler. Hello Mayberry????

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Lol I didn’t know or forgot they made tv. I have a lot of cool memories from those days. I had just turned 13 in 1972 wow lol

I was 5...when Dad got that set.  In '78 he traded it in and got a Zenith...with a remote!

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Greatest TV story I have. 1/26/86. 1pm on a Sunday. TV goes out completely. Brand new tv at home within 2 hours. Not sure how it happened on a Sunday but turned a nightmare into a lifelong story. 

Not sure how this thread turned into a tv memory thread.  But... I am loving it.  I have so many to share.  Like the time I was sitting on another uncle's roof top attempting to set up the antenna for his tv.  Window open. My uncle in the house looking at the tv. My dad outside telling me what to adjust. Antenna got heavy. So I sat down with the antenna on my legs, not on it's mast.  Uncle... "Keep it right there !".  Dad... "Don't move it !"  Me.... huh !   LOL

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not sure how this thread turned into a tv memory thread.  But... I am loving it.  I have so many to share.  Like the time I was sitting on another uncle's roof top attempting to set up the antenna for his tv.  Window open. My uncle in the house looking at the tv. My dad outside telling me what to adjust. Antenna got heavy. So I sat down with the antenna on my legs, not on it's mast.  Uncle... "Keep it right there !".  Dad... "Don't move it !"  Me.... huh !   LOL

My dad, who was born in Mishawaka in ‘42 and grew up there, recalls drives and South Shore rides to Chicago during his youth and how Gary/Chicagoland was a FOREST of roof antennae.

48 minutes ago, Radio Zero said:

My dad, who was born in Mishawaka in ‘42 and grew up there, recalls drives and South Shore rides to Chicago during his youth and how Gary/Chicagoland was a FOREST of roof antennae.

We were the first on our block to have a tv. And everyone knew it, because of the giant tv antenna hanging in the front of our house. When we first got it, people actually would walk by our house to see the antenna.

With MSU falling out of the AP poll today, it will be very interesting to see what the selection committee is going to do with the Big Ten.  Maryland (#9) and Penn State (#13) are the only Big Ten teams ranked in the top 20.  Then you have Iowa (#21) and Illinois (#22) as the only other ranked teams.  So the Big Ten has 4 ranked teams, Big East has 5, Big 12 has 4, ACC has 3, SEC has 3, and PAC 12 has 2.  So there’s really not all that much separation there.  As far as the NET goes, Maryland (#8), MSU (#11), PSU (#19), OSU (#21), Purdue (#26), and Iowa (#28) are the only teams in the top 30.  Big East has 5 teams in the top 30, Big 12 has 4, PAC 12 has 4, ACC has 3, SEC has 3.  Big Ten also has #31-34 (Rutgers, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois), but I wouldn’t be surprised if only 8-9 teams from the conference get in.

Maryland, MSU, PSU, Iowa, Illinois, and Rutgers seem like locks right now.   Of the bubble group of OSU, Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and IU (currently #61), I bet only half get in.  IU has a lot of work to do.

Archived