2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Reports saying the Raiders are prepared to offer Brady 60 million for 2 years. I am still hoping the Bears make run at Bridgewater, but like Seeking6 stated, Pace will probably do something crazy for Bears QB situation.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/15/report-raiders-ready-to-offer-tom-brady-two-year-60-million-deal/

No one besides Pace knew they were drafting Mitch (John Fox said he found out 2 minutes before) so no clue what we'll do....but all indications are Pace is sticking with Mitch. I just can't stomach the thought of that but whatever I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No one besides Pace knew they were drafting Mitch (John Fox said he found out 2 minutes before) so no clue what we'll do....but all indications are Pace is sticking with Mitch. I just can't stomach the thought of that but whatever I guess.

If they stick with Mitch without a contingency plan (bringing in a competent QB) he might as well trade Mack as well because I can't see them making a serious playoff push with Mitch steering the ship. It might be another long season for Bears fans with the lack of first round pick and if Pace is stubborn with Mitch.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

If they stick with Mitch without a contingency plan (bringing in a competent QB) we might as well trade Mack as well because I can't see them making a serious playoff push with Mitch steering the ship. It might be another long season for Bears fans with the lack of first round pick and if Pace is stubborn with Mitch.

I was never a Dalton fan but at this point I'd take anything that's proven in the NFL to be at least average over what I think Mitch is. Just hope we have a very good plan B....hate to think we would choose to waste multiple years of Mack because we can't figure out QB position. Again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I was never a Dalton fan but at this point I'd take anything that's proven in the NFL to be at least average over what I think Mitch is. Just hope we have a very good plan B....hate to think we would choose to waste multiple years of Mack because we can't figure out QB position. Again. 

I have such a hard time believing that Pace can't see what almost everyone else is seeing regarding Mitch, but he is the guy who signed Mike Glennon as an answer for 3 years $45million, which I believe he collected 18.5 million guaranteed money from. Some of his QB decisions are mind boggling.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rico said:

I get and know that...you said you didn't know if you liked the idea or not.

For that I think his skills have diminished too much

Not a threat to run, takes too many risks and I dont think he has the arm strength to complete passes that his mind thinks it still can. 5 years ago yes today not sold yet

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For that I think his skills have diminished too much

Not a threat to run, takes too many risks and I dont think he has the arm strength to complete passes that his mind thinks it still can. 5 years ago yes today not sold yet

Fair enough and TY.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I'm 99.5% firmly in the corner of you go where you get drafted and make it work....but seeing how short the shelf life is of judging QB's (are they good or horrible after 20 starts) I get and understand where a kid or his family might pull an Eli more and more. Getting into a good organization is so important. Bengals don't even hide their cheapness off the field and on the field? Welp. I get it and I think the public would get it. 

5 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Good for him. He's playing at such a high level I hate to see legends go out losing a couple of tough games in playoffs. With that said...Teddy will enter the fray making another QB available to the most exciting QB off season ever. 

Combine week in Indy. Think we'll get a better understanding if Burrow wants to force his way not to be a Bengal. One interesting nugget. His personal coach is Jordan Palmer....brother of Carson Palmer....and one guy who has stated repeatedly that Carson wasted his best years in Cincy for an organization that has zero interest in winning a title. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Combine week in Indy. Think we'll get a better understanding if Burrow wants to force his way not to be a Bengal. One interesting nugget. His personal coach is Jordan Palmer....brother of Carson Palmer....and one guy who has stated repeatedly that Carson wasted his best years in Cincy for an organization that has zero interest in winning a title. 

Yeah, I saw that.  I bet Burrow is getting an earful from the Palmer boys.  He better listen well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, I saw that.  I bet Burrow is getting an earful from the Palmer boys.  He better listen well.

Trust me. Not a fan of anyone doing this but like with many things....times change. These kids get sometimes just one shot to show if they are a starting NFL QB. So many QB's get kicked to the curb by year 3.....I guess I'd want to make sure my future employer was/is on the same page.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well now it's coming out that several teams have Herbert higher rated that Burrow. I wonder if that's possibly the Bengals floating that out there since they might be looking at other options since Burrow doesn't seem bought in to make him sound more justifiable if they'd pick him instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. Not a fan of anyone doing this but like with many things....times change. These kids get sometimes just one shot to show if they are a starting NFL QB. So many QB's get kicked to the curb by year 3.....I guess I'd want to make sure my future employer was/is on the same page.

In the NFL if a team isn't bought in to try and win I don't blame players for not wanting to be there. Especially with the average career being pretty short and the physical beating the players take. 

• Like 2