2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Plenty of first round grades still available today. Ballard was on with Mcafee yesterday reading between the lines it wouldn't surprise me if Colts move back a little while picking up more picks. No clue what Bears will do today. Plenty had Ruiz as their primary target at 43 but Saints snapped him up very early. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Yes they were...Sid Gillman doesn't get enough credit for what the passing game has become in the NFL...

True.  I just remember that old AFL was so much more offense oriented, which made it very appealing.  Games were more exciting in my kid memories.  😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It’s do bad the Colts don’t have about 3 or 4 second round picks this year. There are way to many guys that I want them to draft. 

Watch out, we might trade down and pick up some more picks anyway.

Ballard's delayed gratification strategy (and his overall philosophy, IMO) is perfect.  The draft is a crap shoot by and large.  To be successful, you need more bites at the apple.

18 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Ballard's delayed gratification strategy (and his overall philosophy, IMO) is perfect.  The draft is a crap shoot by and large.  To be successful, you need more bites at the apple.

I would especially with all the options still on the board. Trade down 3 or 4 spots. Still get a good player. Then depending on the board they could do it again at 44 depending on who is picked and if their are runs at any positions.

I would bet that the Colts won't be picking t 34 because I see them trading down to around 39 or 40 and picking up another 3rd round pick.  I would like to see a WR like Higgans from Clemson or Pitman form USC and the other pick being a OT or RB.  RB is not really a huge need but there are a lot of top RB;s still on the board so go BPA

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Correct

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would bet that the Colts won't be picking t 34 because I see them trading down to around 39 or 40 and picking up another 3rd round pick.  I would like to see a WR like Higgans from Clemson or Pitman form USC and the other pick being a OT or RB.  RB is not really a huge need but there are a lot of top RB;s still on the board so go BPA

I hope they trade down. That said I want a WR and if they go OL I like the guys from Louisiana and LSU because they are big and have some nasty to them. WR I like Pittman, Claypool, Mims, and Higgins. I also wouldn’t mind Chinn as a safety because I think he would be great for covering up TE’s with his size and speed. 

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I hope they trade down. That said I want a WR and if they go OL I like the guys from Louisiana and LSU because they are big and have some nasty to them. WR I like Pittman, Claypool, Mims, and Higgins. I also wouldn’t mind Chinn as a safety because I think he would be great for covering up TE’s with his size and speed. 

I'd take the safety from Bama and go from there.  

If you want a WR at 44 do it.. if not trade down and grab one late 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Love the pick and wouldn't mind another Wr with the next pick either

From what I'm reading and seeing.....wouldn't shock me one bit if Ballard doubles up. He has the other positions covered. Go get guys who can help TY or help and TY and be ready to step into his role when he becomes a free agent next year I believe.