2023 NFL Discussion

rico

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Another push to remove the Redskins as the team name/logo.  

I'll just say this. If the current climate doesn't get the name changed nothing will. Fedex pays $7.6M to have name on field but I'm assuming Snyder could find someone else....which of course is probably the reason Fedex is doing things this way. Force Snyder to remove them, they get their name off of a bad product, save the $ and move along while looking good in the public eye.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this. If the current climate doesn't get the name changed nothing will. Fedex pays $7.6M to have name on field but I'm assuming Snyder could find someone else....which of course is probably the reason Fedex is doing things this way. Force Snyder to remove them, they get their name off of a bad product, save the $ and move along while looking good in the public eye.

Nike and Pepsi are also behind the push...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/nike-washington-redskins-apparel-team-name-change

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

They might as well drop the Washington while they're at it.  I'm expecting a big push to have the city renamed shortly. 

How about they change the name of the city and keep the nickname....

Welcome your Ore Ida Redskins....with a tater tot logo on the helmet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As a sales guy at heart...I could make this work well into the 10 figure range. Love this idea.

It checks a lot of boxes...

Color scheme could stay, logo and name are very cool, and it honors some true American heroes...The Tuskegee Airmen deserve an honor like this...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It checks a lot of boxes...

Color scheme could stay, logo and name are very cool, and it honors some true American heroes...The Tuskegee Airmen deserve an honor like this...

On your orginal post... I was NOT a fan. Not at all. 

Was going to reply snarky... 

Then.. I thought about it, and I was going to say something like "ok, but I think it would be better to come up with an Native American tribe honorary name"... 

Then... I thought more, and once I read the quoted reply, and I thought to myself, "if I want to believe in the things that I do: that racism is on its last leg, that American History wouldn't be what it is without Black History, plus this team being located in our nations capital, and that I want to be a part of change and guidance in this country" then... name them the Washington Redtails TOMORROW. 

You should be so proud of this idea. It is 100% tremendous. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

On your orginal post... I was NOT a fan. Not at all. 

Was going to reply snarky... 

Then.. I thought about it, and I was going to say something like "ok, but I think it would be better to come up with an Native American tribe honorary name"... 

Then... I thought more, and once I read the quoted reply, and I thought to myself, "if I want to believe in the things that I do: that racism is on its last leg, that American History wouldn't be what it is without Black History, plus this team being located in our nations capital, and that I want to be a part of change and guidance in this country" then... name them the Washington Redtails TOMORROW. 

You should be so proud of this idea. It is 100% tremendous. 

Thanks, but to be honest, I saw the name/Twitter posts on a news website. I did immediately recognize it would be a win-win. I hope it gets a lot of backing.

Heroes are heroes. Any time we can honor them, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Thanks, but to be honest, I saw the name/Twitter posts on a news website. I did immediately recognize it would be a win-win. I hope it gets a lot of backing.

Heroes are heroes. Any time we can honor them, I'm all for it.

Did you link it somewhere? I'd love to share it on social media. 

• Like 1

Based on what Ron Rivera has been saying, I truly think this has a good shot to be the answer.  They are probably vetting it from every angle to make sure there’s no way they get backlash since practically everything gets backlash these days, even if the intent is noble.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Based on what Ron Rivera has been saying, I truly think this has a good shot to be the answer.  They are probably vetting it from every angle to make sure there’s no way they get backlash since practically everything gets backlash these days, even if the intent is noble.  

The Redtails?

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Redtails?

Yes, I think Redtails has a good shot.  Ron Rivera grew up in a military household and I think they want to honor the military with the new name.  Also, I have family in DC and been there a lot.  I’ve seen first hand that they have a huge African American fan base who would be proud of the name.  I think the Tuskegee Airmen had a big DC connection in their ranks too. It just makes perfect sense. 

I was making the point that they are probably double checking it from every angle to be sure that nobody whines about it from some angle they are unaware of since complaining about everything is like the plague now.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1