2023 NFL Discussion

rico

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even though I was disappointed in the Colt's it was so nice to have football not watch on a Sunday

Long season. Some teams won today that didn't deserve it and other teams who lost will win and win plenty. Problem is just stay off social media for about 48 hours....after that sense will be made. Colts will be fine. I'm actually more nervous about my Bears. Have Giants next week which should be a win but.....what I saw during the first 52 minutes was pathetic.

1-0 can be fools gold sometimes.

Ugh, Carson Wentz was absolutely awful today. It doesn't help that 4 of his offensive lineman were hurt today (two starters are already out for the season and Lane Johnson is out) and he got sacked 8 times, but man his 2 picks were just awful throws, he held onto the ball way too long causing some of the sacks, and he must have airmailed 4-5 balls to completely wide open receivers. 

Hoping it's just rust, no line and a new receiving corps (that's a lot for a QB to deal with), but accuracy has always been an issue for him.

He was just plain bad today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Seems to me there has been a ot of injuries today in the NFL and wondering if it has anything to do with having no pre season games.

Every game has tons of injuries anymore. It's a big reason why I rarely watch any game start to finish. Seemingly every 2-3 plays there's someone down on the field and they cut to commercials for the next 5 minutes. 

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I take back my ‘like’

Ha. He was terrible in first half plus. I am still not that encouraged overall by him today...I'll take the win and he made some throws in the fourth quarter, but lions were missing 2 starting defensive backs (1 entire game and 1 most of game) and it took him that long to make some throws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Are you serious? Don't want to turn this into anything but huh?? Brady is the all time greatest at his position. That team will be just fine come week 5 or so. 

Peyton went to 4 SBs with 4 different head coaches.  He gets injured for a year and the Colts go from a possible SB team to the worst team in the league.  Brady gets hurt for a year and the Pats go 11-5 and hardly miss a beat.  Brady was good but he never did anything without Belichick. 

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Ha. He was terrible in first half plus. I am still not that encouraged overall by him today...I'll take the win and he made some throws in the fourth quarter, but lions were missing 2 starting defensive backs (1 entire game and 1 most of game) and it took him that long to make some throws.

Can’t say I disagree with you. His accuracy has been and is currently a big problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Peyton went to 4 SBs with 4 different head coaches.  He gets injured for a year and the Colts go from a possible SB team to the worst team in the league.  Brady gets hurt for a year and the Pats go 11-5 and hardly miss a beat.  Brady was good but he never did anything without Belichick. 

In spirit of kindness.  Brady was good? It was the Patriots only season since 2002 they didn't win their division of make the playoffs. Shoot I'm not even a Patriots fan but can see stuff. 

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

That Bears comeback win was the most Lions thing ever. Glad to get the W. Mitch did pick it up late but he usually plays well against Detroit. I would rather see Foles in there but it is what it is.

Horrible 47 minutes. Pretty good final 13. Same with me. I don't want MT on our roster or starting....but guess we have to deal with things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? Because they lost on the road to one of the best teams in the league in their first live football action with a bunch of new pieces? 

Yes.  Exactly.

And, as a Brady hater, I reserve the right to celebrate each of his, and the team's failures, much in the same way I do for Purdue and Kentucky.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BGleas said:

Ugh, Carson Wentz was absolutely awful today. It doesn't help that 4 of his offensive lineman were hurt today (two starters are already out for the season and Lane Johnson is out) and he got sacked 8 times, but man his 2 picks were just awful throws, he held onto the ball way too long causing some of the sacks, and he must have airmailed 4-5 balls to completely wide open receivers. 

Hoping it's just rust, no line and a new receiving corps (that's a lot for a QB to deal with), but accuracy has always been an issue for him.

He was just plain bad today. 

I'm not sold on him. I know he has a lot of talent, but between the injuries and some of the inconsistency something about him just seems off to me. 

Very disappointed in the Colts, there is no excuse for losing that game. I hope that is the last time we pass twice as much as we run all season, that doesn't fit our team. 

I was really impressed with the Patriots. They're going to be a really tough out for anyone this year. They can run the ball really well, they've got an MVP QB with something to prove and an elite defense. Oh yeah, and that coach of theirs....

And this just in.... Marlon Mack tore his achilles.