2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Does anyone know if the NFL lifted the tv ban this year? Reason I'm asking and I'm thankful but as a Bears fan in Indy when Colts are home it automatically means other station doesn't carry games. This week we get Colts on Fox at 1 and Bears on CBS at 1 as well. Thankful but curious.

I am keeping an eye on that right now myself out of South Bend and Fort Wayne.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 10:20 PM, KoB2011 said:

That's all fair points, but it results to a lot of reasons why a guy in his fifth season has yet to really prove much. You can't make excuses for injuries but ignore how good the team around him was in his one and only elite level; Jared Goff looked pretty good one year in a similar situation. 

I really don't think anyone outside of an Eagles fan would put Wentz on the level of anyone you mentioned aside from Dak. 

In no order, an I complete list of guys I'd take over him in the year 2020:

Mahomes

Brady

Brees

Ryan

Jackson

Wilson

Murray

Watson

Big Ben

Rodgers

Guys I think he is grouped with that all, including Wentz could move up to the next group:

Dak

Cousins

Stafford

Allen

Newton

Garapolo

Then there is a handful of guys I think that could catch Wentz that are either young or have shown talent but are in better situations now a la Carr, Goff, Tannehill, and some rookie and second year guys. 

I guess what I'm saying is that while he's got game, in today's NFL I think he's pretty average. 

image.thumb.png.c11fd9e24de4cf74071b359ed14a52e3.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Quite a few nail biters yesterday...happy to have the NFL back.

Trying to get a feel for what I saw yesterday. A mix between really good play and really bad and a ton of injuries in between. Always nice to have football back.

My Bears are 2-0 and honestly have nothing else nice to say on that. The parts I did watch the Colts manhandled the Vikings upfront. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

I feel sorry for the Falcons.  The are new "poster child" for game melt downs.

I know they would never admit but that looked like a team that didn't understand the rules of an onside kick yesterday. They looked like they thought they had to wait for the ball to go 10 yards before pouncing on it. 

I'm not a fan of in season firings but Quinn and Adam Gase might change my mind this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to get a feel for what I saw yesterday. A mix between really good play and really bad and a ton of injuries in between. Always nice to have football back.

My Bears are 2-0 and honestly have nothing else nice to say on that. The parts I did watch the Colts manhandled the Vikings upfront. 

I ain't gonna say anything about the Bears myself.  2-0 and on to the next game.

As far as the Colts game...I came away with that one saying the Vikes have some serious issues.  I sure as hell hope nobody here had Cousins on their fantasy team.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rico said:

I ain't gonna say anything about the Bears myself.  2-0 and on to the next game.

As far as the Colts game...I came away with that one saying the Vikes have some serious issues.  I sure as hell hope nobody here had Cousins on their fantasy team.

Vikings are one of only 5 teams since merger and first since 2005 to run 50 plays or less in first two weeks. Maybe letting Diggs walk wasn't the best idea?

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Vikings are one of only 5 teams since merger and first since 2005 to run 50 plays or less in first two weeks. Maybe letting Diggs walk wasn't the best idea?

I dunno, but that was a pitiful performance by the men in purple.  They could have just as easily been shut out yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

How's that show been going? Admittedly I listen to zero local talk radio anymore.

Regarding more NFL stuff yesterday. Bears had 30 yards of passing offense in 2nd half. 30. 

I hated it at first after Grady left but I really enjoy it now. I think Kevin Bowen does a really nice job on there when he guest hosts or just comes on to talk some sports. 

• Like 1