2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

And, Andy was never the problem in Cincinnati.  The Bengals issues went way deeper.

The Bengals problem GOES way deeper.  It's still there because the Brown family is still there.  Paul Brown was everything when it comes to the innovation and visionary development of the NFL.  But he was cheap.  And that trait has continued with his son Mike and his family.  

Edited by jv1972iu

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

QB's like Jones is why I did not want to just pick a QB high in the draft just because you need one  I did not think this years draft claass fo QB's were great so I did not want them to reach for a QB.  If you keep reaching for quaterbacks high in the draft and miss you become the Browns.

This year's rookie QBs aren't great? Maybe after the top 3 or 4, but man the top looks great. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we traded for Buckner instead of taking Love at 13, but if we had a way to get one of the top 3 we should have. 

Ive seen a lot of chatter recently about the Jets moving on from Darnold and the Football Team moving on from Haskins; Colts have been named as a suitor for both. 

What does everyone think of this? Which would you prefer? What would you give up? 

I'd give up a second for Darnold and a third for Haskins, but actually prefer Haskins. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Ive seen a lot of chatter recently about the Jets moving on from Darnold and the Football Team moving on from Haskins; Colts have been named as a suitor for both. 

What does everyone think of this? Which would you prefer? What would you give up? 

I'd give up a second for Darnold and a third for Haskins, but actually prefer Haskins. 

Pass

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I would give zero for Haskins. Darnold is solid though. 

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

No thank you.

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Haskins will never be a viable starter in the NFL.  Darnold could be average with the right team, but is in no way a franchise QB.  I would compare him to Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

Colts have been scrambling as a team and franchise since August of 2019. All the moves (draft or otherwise) did his first couple years on the job were because he thought #12 was sticking around. I think Ballard is one of the brightest GM's out there. Fair or unfair though NFL is all about the results. 

Colts will have to continue to draft a QB until they hit on a kid but in the interim they'll have to go free agency or whatever route until that happens. Shoot I'd call the Falcons since they seem intent on blowing things up and see what they would want for Ryan. Maybe it was just a bad at the office for Rivers but what I saw yesterday was a qb that still makes bad decisions and doesn't have the arm strength anymore to bail him out of those bad decisions.

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts have been scrambling as a team and franchise since August of 2019. All the moves (draft or otherwise) did his first couple years on the job were because he thought #12 was sticking around. I think Ballard is one of the brightest GM's out there. Fair or unfair though NFL is all about the results. 

Colts will have to continue to draft a QB until they hit on a kid but in the interim they'll have to go free agency or whatever route until that happens. Shoot I'd call the Falcons since they seem intent on blowing things up and see what they would want for Ryan. Maybe it was just a bad at the office for Rivers but what I saw yesterday was a qb that still makes bad decisions and doesn't have the arm strength anymore to bail him out of those bad decisions.

Throw Eason into the starting role...

14 hours ago, rico said:

Throw Eason into the starting role...

Why not right? Watching Justin Herbert last night.....kid looks like a good one. Speaking of last night I typically cheer for the Saints. No real reason I just do. Sean Payton seems to have fallen into this trap that so many coaches in the NFL find themselves in. Paralysis of analysis. 4th and 1. Just hand the ball off to your best/most explosive guy in Kamara. This Taysom Hill stuff is nauseating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I tell ya what, that Herbert kid has the makings of a superstar.  

And it looks to me like he's quickly earned the support of his teammates. Not a bad start to go up against Mahomes, Brady, and Brees in your first 3 starts and look really good even in defeat. Chargers might be one of the best 1-4 teams going...and their down 4 starters on defense plus Ekeler. That division when everyone gets healthy is going to be scary for years.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

And it looks to me like he's quickly earned the support of his teammates. Not a bad start to go up against Mahomes, Brady, and Brees in your first 3 starts and look really good even in defeat. Chargers might be one of the best 1-4 teams going...and their down 4 starters on defense plus Ekeler. That division when everyone gets healthy is going to be scary for years.

Love me some Lighting Bolts...as long as they don't play the Colts.  Although I am finding myself rooting for the Bills lately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The Chargers lost me a bit when they moved to LA.  

That said, nothing beats those powder blue uniforms.  Hands down the best in all of professional sports (sorry, Yankee fans, the pinstripes don't beat the powder blues either).

They moved BACK to LA...

And I'm in 100% agreement on the powder blues...

Chargers.PNG

• Like 1