2023 NFL Discussion

rico

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Packers getting their arsz's kicked.

Bears win over Bucs looking tastier and tastier. Helps with tiebreaker down the road. 

On a more conversational note. Why did we doubt Brady. Game 6. No preseason and this team is starting to hit strides again. Gronk getting his timing back. Godwin just got back....and Bucs defense looks stout. 

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears win over Bucs looking tastier and tastier. Helps with tiebreaker down the road. 

On a more conversational note. Why did we doubt Brady. Game 6. No preseason and this team is starting to hit strides again. Gronk getting his timing back. Godwin just got back....and Bucs defense looks stout. 

The Bucs looking like a very dangerous team.

10 hours ago, rico said:

Just saw where Tua got in late for the 'Phins.

Pretty cool moment for him after the game too. Some photos of him sitting on field by himself.

Regarding NFL. Usually by week 6 we have a pretty good feel of where things are headed. With expanded playoffs and reduced fans at games the home field isn't everything. Now it's just about getting healthy and hot by the time playoffs get here.

I will say I was shocked how quickly things turned in the Packers/Bucs game and the Colts should never be down 21 to Cincy. Ever. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BGleas said:

He’ll of an effort by Wentz and the Eagles. Came down to a missed 2pt conversion after a TD with a minute left. By the way, absolutely brutal call on that 2pt conversion by Pederson.  He called an RPO run option!?!?

Wentz was fantastic in the second half, and really most of the game, all while missing 4/5 of his o-line (and backup RT got hurt and didn’t come back, missing his top 3 receivers, his top running back went out in the 3rd quarter, his backup TE is out and Ertz went out early in the 4th. 

He literally is working with multiple practice squad receivers and 2nd/3rd string players up and down the offense.

Eagles win that game if they don’t drop 2 different wide open TD passes in the first half. 

The good news is the division Eagles are in. Bad news is you have to have capable bodies to still win. I don't think I can remember a team getting this injured....and now Sanders and Ertz are having MRI's? 

Not sure if anyone saw this or not. Really good move by Vrabel yesterday in final 3 minutes or so of Titans/Texans game. Was 2nd and 1 for Texans but Vrabel it appeared to instruct 12 men to stay on the field and get the penalty. Saved anywhere between 40-80 seconds of game without having to burn timeout. As we know Titans scored with 4 seconds left to send game into OT. 

I love when I see real in game coaching make a difference. Not just schemes or play calling. This was a guy recognizing the moment and he knew exactly what to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if anyone saw this or not. Really good move by Vrabel yesterday in final 3 minutes or so of Titans/Texans game. Was 2nd and 1 for Texans but Vrabel it appeared to instruct 12 men to stay on the field and get the penalty. Saved anywhere between 40-80 seconds of game without having to burn timeout. As we know Titans scored with 4 seconds left to send game into OT. 

I love when I see real in game coaching make a difference. Not just schemes or play calling. This was a guy recognizing the moment and he knew exactly what to do. 

And then you have Nagy...who continues to throw the ball in late game situations instead of running time off the clock. I'm not one who loves conservative play calling...but those incomplete passes the last couple weeks could have easily cost the Bears those games.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

And then you have Nagy...who continues to throw the ball in late game situations instead of running time off the clock. I'm not one who loves conservative play calling...but those incomplete passes the last couple weeks could have easily cost the Bears those games.

Was talking with a few buddies earlier today about this. So we and the rest of the world know how bad it is....which leads me to believe he has absolutely zero belief in our line. Maybe our line is just that bad? 63 yards rushing vs a defense down their star who gave up 130+ to Gurley the week before.

Overall I agree Nagy willingness to throw is going to cost us but maybe our line is just that bad and he doesn't feel like risking the run? I don't know. Broken record. Wins are wins I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Bears running game is 1.5 yards and a cloud of dust most of the time. Doesn't seem like the blocking is ever in place to give the back a chance.

Bears have 540 yards of rushing after 6 games. On the flip side the Colts are known as a good rushing team and they have 588 on the year. I don't know what to make of stats this year....but they eye test is our line just isn't good. Pace has ignored our line via the draft for 3+ years. With limited cap space available....we'll be in trouble for awhile.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears have 540 yards of rushing after 6 games. On the flip side the Colts are known as a good rushing team and they have 588 on the year. I don't know what to make of stats this year....but they eye test is our line just isn't good. Pace has ignored our line via the draft for 3+ years. With limited cap space available....we'll be in trouble for awhile.

One thing that is hurting the Colt's run game is not having Mack in the lineup.  I also think Reich dies not stick with the run game if it is not working early.  Just this last game against the Bengals once they took the lead.  They had the ball twice in the last 8 minutes and the first drive they threw the ball 3 straight times and had to punt. On the last possession and a one point lead and 4 minutes to go he still passed a lot and had to settle for a FG.

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The good news is the division Eagles are in. Bad news is you have to have capable bodies to still win. I don't think I can remember a team getting this injured....and now Sanders and Ertz are having MRI's? 

It's honestly crazy, this is the second year in a row the Eagles are dealing with this.

• Like 1