2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the most overlooked thing about Chiefs last night running the ball as much as they did is aren't they down like 3 starters on Offensive Line? Injuries and opt outs? Speaking of opt outs...can guys opt back in?

No. The deadline already passed for them to change their mind. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Lions of a few years back went 0-16

The Colts  for the most part from 84-97 was not a well run orginization.  You had 87 and 94, 95 that wasn't bad but most of the other years they were terrible.  What GM would trade 2 1st round draft picks for Fred Young a LB from Seattle.

Edited by IU Scott

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree. Just not sure who they will or can get get. I see them over spending to get someone though.

I guess it depends how Rivers finishes the season but if he plays well and we make the playoffs I see him coming back.  It also depends on if they think if Eason can be a starting QB in the next couple of years.

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Anyone else think that if the Eagles decide to move on from Carson Wentz or at least make him available after this season that he will be the QB of the Colts. I would personally put it at about a 95% chance. 

The Eagles aren't moving on from Wentz. Yes, he struggled early this season, understandably so given no preseason and all of the injuries to his o-line and skill position players, but he's been getting better each week and has been really good the last two weeks. He's settling in now, the issues is the Eagles are missing 6 of their top 7 offensive linemen, their top 3 wide receivers, their top 2 TE's and their starting RB. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The Eagles aren't moving on from Wentz. Yes, he struggled early this season, understandably so given no preseason and all of the injuries to his o-line and skill position players, but he's been getting better each week and has been really good the last two weeks. He's settling in now, the issues is the Eagles are missing 6 of their top 7 offensive linemen, their top 3 wide receivers, their top 2 TE's and their starting RB. 

The Eagles are the best team in the NFC East right here, right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Dolphins going with Tua at QB.  Kind of surprising as Fitzpatrick has them playing pretty well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30154407/source-miami-dolphins-naming-tua-tagovailoa-starting-quarterback

Fitzmagic is bound to turn into a pumpkin at some point, they are just getting out ahead of the curve. 🙃

2 hours ago, rico said:

Here's the thing about Trevor Lawrence and Jets. Apparently Roddy White is in TL's ear saying come back to Clemson if Jets are #1. With NIL Lawrence could make a very nice chunk of change next year.

My question/comment is this. The Jets are so bad they'd have to be odds on favorite to be first pick again the following year right? If I'm TL I think the best move is to go Eli/Elway route. Force a trade. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

They can't trade Ertz now because he's on the IR, but Ertz isn't happy with his contract so has been really letting it impact his play. Before the injury, he was having his worst season since his rookie year. 

So, it doesn't make a ton of sense to resign him to a massive contract when they have Dallas Goedart ready to take over and can then easily backfill the TE2 spot in the draft or via free agency. 

This is one case where instead of coming out and proving he deserves another big deal, Ertz has been sandbagging it a bit and not performing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

They can't trade Ertz now because he's on the IR, but Ertz isn't happy with his contract so has been really letting it impact his play. Before the injury, he was having his worst season since his rookie year. 

So, it doesn't make a ton of sense to resign him to a massive contract when they have Dallas Goedart ready to take over and can then easily backfill the TE2 spot in the draft or via free agency. 

This is one case where instead of coming out and proving he deserves another big deal, Ertz has been sandbagging it a bit and not performing. 

On the bright side as poor as they have been they are in first place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On the bright side as poor as they have been they are in first place. 

Listened to part of the game on the radio last night, and the announcer gave the statistic that there were 5 teams in the NFL who had more victories than the entire NFL East combined.

As they play each other, certainly the win count will increase, but I bet the winner of the division ends up at .500 or worse.

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Listened to part of the game on the radio last night, and the announcer gave the statistic that there were 5 teams in the NFL who had more victories than the entire NFL East combined.

As they play each other, certainly the win count will increase, but I bet the winner of the division ends up at .500 or worse.

Wow. Thats insane. I think 6 or 7 wins the division.  

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Probably. The only caveat is if the Eagles somehow get healthy in enough time to string a run together to get them to 8-9 wins. 

The Eagles aren't a bad team, they're probably a 10 win team if healthy, they've just been absolutely decimated by injuries. 

• Like 3