2023 NFL Discussion

rico

I have always wondered why is it not intentional grounding when QB just spikes the ball to stop the clock.  He is in the pocket and does not get it back to the line if scrimmage.  Also he is throwing towards a O lineman which is an inelegible receiver

Edited by IU Scott

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have always wondered why is it not intentional grounding when QB just spikes the ball to stop the clock.  He is in the pocket and does not get it back to the line if scrimmage.  Also he is throwing towards a O lineman which is an inelegible receiver

He is not grounding the ball because he is not trying to save yardage from being sacked.

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I like Sudfeld but I'll pass. He isn't a starter, and we already have Eason and Kelly as projects, both of which I think have higher upside. 

I honestly don't follow the Colts. However, I thought some of you might enjoy the article.  As to why I posted it after discovering it.  No biggie.  Love ya KOB.... you have been a big part of Hoosier Sports Nation for years.  For which I can't thank you enough for.

Please stay safe during this horrible pandemic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I honestly don't follow the Colts. However, I thought some of you might enjoy the article.  As to why I posted it after discovering it.  No biggie.  Love ya KOB.... you have been a big part of Hoosier Sports Nation for years.  For which I can't thank you enough for.

Please stay safe during this horrible pandemic.

You as well! I'm guessing you aren't as close to the wildfires as I am, either, but those had me nervous too. Particularly the Calwood fire. 

Stay safe!

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

DK Metcalf is a beast.  He looked like a cheetah chasing down a gazelle after the INT lol He was easily 10 yards behind Budda Baker at the time of the INT.  

That was beyond impressive.  People will be talking about that play 20 years from now.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That was beyond impressive.  People will be talking about that play 20 years from now.  

The fact that the DK chasedown so clearly stood out as the play of the game, in that game with so many great plays, says a lot about it. 

I mean I could list off about 5-10 PHENOMENAL plays from that game, and clearly DK takes the crown. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The fact that the DK chasedown so clearly stood out as the play of the game, in that game with so many great plays, says a lot about it. 

I mean I could list off about 5-10 PHENOMENAL plays from that game, and clearly DK takes the crown. 

I saw it live and was blown away.  But, after watching the replay multiple times this morning, all I can say is that it's totally absurd.  It was something like out of a video game.  when someone uses their magical power button.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You as well! I'm guessing you aren't as close to the wildfires as I am, either, but those had me nervous too. Particularly the Calwood fire. 

Stay safe!

The mile family has suffered through wild fire smoke for weeks. Even keeping our windows and doors closed..  we have all woken up many days with headaches, due to the smoke.  There have been many days, when I have gone out to get the mail.... the smoke was overwhelming on my street.  Today... we are setting a record for the lowest temperature in Colorado.  Far surpassing the lowest record set for this date set in 1931 by over 16 degrees.  High expected no more than 15 degrees.  And you know what.... tons of snow fell over night in the fire areas.... helping the brave firefighters in our state who have been working weeks to put out the wildfires in Colorado.

2020 !  Pandemic.....and wild fires.

Edited by milehiiu

54 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The mile family has suffered through wild fire smoke for weeks. Even keeping our windows and doors closed..  we have all woken up many days with headaches, due to the smoke.  There have been many days, when I have gone out to get the mail.... the smoke was overwhelming on my street.  Today... we are setting a record for the lowest temperature in Colorado.  Far surpassing the lowest record set for this date set in 1931 by over 16 degrees.  High expected no more than 15 degrees.  And you know what.... tons of snow fell over night in the fire areas.... helping the brave firefighters in our state who have been working weeks to put out the wildfires in Colorado.

2020 !  Pandemic.....and wild fires.

My wife took this from our house the day the Calwood fire broke out. Scary stuff! 

I agree, the smoke has been terrible. 

IMG-20201020-WA0006.jpg

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Joe Burrow as well. He has had 2 or 3 games in which his team has had the lead late but just can't get over the hurdle.  That North division is pretty strong

Burrow is the real deal for sure. Now Cincy just needs to give him protection and more options. If I'm the Bengals you have to trade AJ Green before deadline for picks and cap space in what will be a significant lower cap next year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Joe Burrow as well. He has had 2 or 3 games in which his team has had the lead late but just can't get over the hurdle.  That North division is pretty strong

I thought he looked good against Colts, now if the Bengals can just get him some more help next year maybe @5foulswill have more to cheer about.