2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Starting to think the Pats sucess had more to do with Brady than Belechieck.  I thought it was the opposite but looking at how bad the Pats offense looks this year makes me thin k it was Brady.

I think we need to fight the urge to assign credit for the Pat's 20 year run based on what happens to the Patriots and the Bucs this year, and especially not based on what happens game-to-game. 

Cam was always a flawed QB at this point in his career, and the Patriots offense struggled last year too. If there's anything to criticize Belichick for its his failure or unwillingness to support Brady with offensive talent around him as he aged. 

One bad season post-Brady doesn't say a single thing about Belichick's place in history. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

My wife took this from our house the day the Calwood fire broke out. Scary stuff! 

I agree, the smoke has been terrible. 

IMG-20201020-WA0006.jpg

Too close for comfort.  So many have lost homes in Colorado due to the wild fires.  Prayers to you and your wife to stay safe.  Pandemic and wild fires in Colorado.  Too much. 

• Like 2

Over on the baseball forum we had a discussion about how guys after hitting homers doing a bat flip and just watching the ball from the plate.  some had problems with players acting like that and some thinks it is just guys having fun.  What is your take ona football team being down 24-3 with 7 minutes to go in the game and celebrating big time after scoring a defensive TD.  The Bears just did that and to me if you are down that much and that late I would not becelebrating like you just one the game.  I notice now that about every team after there defense gets a turnover they run all the way down to the end zone and strile a pose.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I was pretty disappointed with the Bears last night.  Onto the next one.

Just got done with an hour call with a couple buddies. Let's just put it this way. One of my friends has access to a player for the Bears and some behind the scenes stuff.

The opposing defenses are calling out the plays before the snap....and laughing while doing it. To say there's division in the team between players and our staff would be an understatement. Almost to the point of outright insubordination. Nagy is lucky there aren't fans this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

As a Bengals fan, I will take the dysfunction of the Bears if I can also have their 5-2 record.  

It's actually a fair point but more of a macro discussion. Right now the Bears are 5-2 and just a mess. Sure we might sneak into the playoffs but will lose quickly. The Bengals have their qb for the future and even if their record doesn't show it....they are trending up. Exciting to team to watch too. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's actually a fair point but more of a macro discussion. Right now the Bears are 5-2 and just a mess. Sure we might sneak into the playoffs but will lose quickly. The Bengals have their qb for the future and even if their record doesn't show it....they are trending up. Exciting to team to watch too. 

40+ AL DAVIS images | oakland raiders, raider nation, raiders football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just got done with an hour call with a couple buddies. Let's just put it this way. One of my friends has access to a player for the Bears and some behind the scenes stuff.

The opposing defenses are calling out the plays before the snap....and laughing while doing it. To say there's division in the team between players and our staff would be an understatement. Almost to the point of outright insubordination. Nagy is lucky there aren't fans this year. 

Coming back from Co. City I was listening to the DP show.  Seems that Foles called out Nagy?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nagy needs to let someone else do the play calling. That game was flat out ugly last night on many levels. I think Bears need to GM if the team doesn't make the playoffs this season (and they probably need one anyway). Pace needs to address the O-line and quit trying to hold it together with bandages. Can you share anymore about what your friend said about behind the scenes? It appears from the outside looking in that Foles does not care for Nagy much (or at least his play calling).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Nagy needs to let someone else do the play calling. That game was flat out ugly last night on many levels. I think Bears need to GM if the team doesn't make the playoffs this season (and they probably need one anyway). Pace needs to address the O-line and quit trying to hold it together with bandages. Can you share anymore about what your friend said about behind the scenes? It appears from the outside looking in that Foles does not care for Nagy much (or at least his play calling).

Actually, Nagy needs to go back to the CFL...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

Coming back from Co. City I was listening to the DP show.  Seems that Foles called out Nagy?

A little depending on people's position. Some want to hear that so that's what they heard....others chalk it up to normal talk....and the third group is the fans of Bears who would rather bit-- about something instead of focusing on how we get better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I wish I could regarding sharing more. Last time I shared more on a subject (Dee Brown/Illinois) my anonymous message on another board ended up getting back to my buddy. I'll just say this. The Tight End room is a joke on how it's being used and a couple of guys new/old are calling out Nagy....and the defense is very close to mutiny on the offense/Nagy because of how bad they are. 

• Thanks 2