2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

A little depending on people's position. Some want to hear that so that's what they heard....others chalk it up to normal talk....and the third group is the fans of Bears who would rather bit-- about something instead of focusing on how we get better.

Either way, it was played on the Dan Patrick show.

You ain't dead in the water yet so don't lose hope for this year.

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Either way, it was played on the Dan Patrick show.

You ain't dead in the water yet so don't lose hope for this year.

I heard it and like Dan said if this was a Sunday 1pm game no one would pay attention....but it was MNF game and that gets tons more attention.

Long ways to go. If we could just become an average offense I like our chances down the road. Tough couple games coming up Saints/Titans....and of course 2 with Packers but we also have 2 with Vikings, 1 w/Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville...so I still see 10 wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I wish I could regarding sharing more. Last time I shared more on a subject (Dee Brown/Illinois) my anonymous message on another board ended up getting back to my buddy. I'll just say this. The Tight End room is a joke on how it's being used and a couple of guys new/old are calling out Nagy....and the defense is very close to mutiny on the offense/Nagy because of how bad they are. 

I understand and appreciate the info you shared. And I understand the frustrations of the players...especially the defense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I would imagine(and hope) Nagy is already working on a new game plan as we type.

Assuming Lattimore on ARob this weekend...I'd figure out a way to maybe use the two TE sets he was discussing in April after they drafted Kmet and spent on Graham. Used correctly you would have an undersized DB on either. And for the love of all things holy can we can we send Mooney or Ginn on a 9 route at least 3-4x per game. 

On the defense. Saints right now are pass to Kamara and see if he can do something. I'd tell Roquan Smith your target is Kamara all game long. Wherever he goes...you go. 

Do those few things and we "might" have a chance at scoring 21+ points for only the 17th time in Nagy's 41 starts as a head coach in the NFL after being labeled an offensive guru. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Go Colts!!!!

To me this weekend for Colts is almost must win. You have Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans after that. You have to beat a team like the Lions. Schedule has some stretches of very hard and eases up a little....but games like this could be difference between 8 win season and 10+. Have to win.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I wish I could regarding sharing more. Last time I shared more on a subject (Dee Brown/Illinois) my anonymous message on another board ended up getting back to my buddy. I'll just say this. The Tight End room is a joke on how it's being used and a couple of guys new/old are calling out Nagy....and the defense is very close to mutiny on the offense/Nagy because of how bad they are. 

Just based on the fact no-hands Harris keeps getting reps, that tells me alot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me this weekend for Colts is almost must win. You have Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans after that. You have to beat a team like the Lions. Schedule has some stretches of very hard and eases up a little....but games like this could be difference between 8 win season and 10+. Have to win.

Thanks for the comments.

In reality, I was just trying to divert the conversation away from the Bears.

Go Colts!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll bite! I agree, the Detroit game is practically must win for the Colts. I think best case scenario they go 2-2 over the 4 games after that but could easily lose 3 or 4 of them. 

The Colts can't afford to lose games they are supposed to win.

• Like 2

Colts will be in much better shape if Leonard is back leading the defense.

Vikings appear to be clearing quite a bit of cap space. I heard this morning that both their starting safeties, Anthony Harris and Harrison Smith are on the trading block, as is Adam Thielen. Colts could upgrade at both positions. I know Ballard likes to build primarily through the draft, but I wonder if he would look at any of these guys.

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Vikings appear to be clearing quite a bit of cap space. I heard this morning that both their starting safeties, Anthony Harris and Harrison Smith are on the trading block, as is Adam Thielen. Colts could upgrade at both positions. I know Ballard likes to build primarily through the draft, but I wonder if he would look at any of these guys.

I have not seen Thielen mentioned...but I have seen Cooks and Fuller from the Texans as possibly on the block.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Wait.. which safety position could the Colts upgrade at? We have easily the best safety tandem we've had since Sanders and Bethea. Blackmon and Willis are flat out studs. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Colts desperately need a playmaker.  Speaking of which, is TY washed up or just lack of chemistry between he and Rivers, or are Defenses taking him away?

Chemistry and some bad luck with penalties when he does make a play. He gets open some and Rivers goes somewhere else with the ball. Rivers has always liked to spread it around and that's what he's done this year. Luck on the other hand would feed TY all the time it's just a different thought process at the QB position. Plus TY doesn't fit the type of receiver that Rivers has historically targeted a lot so that plays a factor too. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait.. which safety position could the Colts upgrade at? We have easily the best safety tandem we've had since Sanders and Bethea. Blackmon and Willis are flat out studs. 

I think Blackmon is really good. Not as sold on Willis. With Hooker most likely gone after this year, they are going to need depth at safety.

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think Blackmon is really good. Not as sold on Willis. With Hooker most likely gone after this year, they are going to need depth at safety.

They aren't trading for a starting level safety. That's not a position they will be looking to upgrade if they do anything at the deadline. Which is a big IF.

Just now, DC2345 said:

I'd take Thielan right now for the right price. 

26 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Willis is our most consistent player. Im pretty sure they showed a stat last week that he hasn't missed a tackle all year. Those two are the guys. Truthfully I'd put those two up against any safety combo. 

• Like 1