2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Willis is our most consistent player. I'm pretty sure they showed a stat last week that he hasn't missed a tackle all year. Those two are the guys. Truthfully I'd put those two up against any safety combo. 

That's correct and there depth is pretty good at safety too. I'd happily take the Vikings receiver off their hands though. 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Former Baltimore Colts receiver Jimmy Orr passes at 85 passes

Probably most famous for the flea-flicker play he was wide open on for a sure touchdown, but Earl Morall ended up throwing an interception. Key play in the Jets Super Bowl 3 win

How have I never heard of Earl Morall? He started 20 games combined for the '68 Colts and '72 Dolphins and he is just a footnote in NFL history? 

Seems like he was a pretty dang good QB that just happened to backup two greats. 

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

How have I never heard of Earl Morall? He started 20 games combined for the '68 Colts and '72 Dolphins and he is just a footnote in NFL history? 

Seems like he was a pretty dang good QB that just happened to backup two greats. 

I think he was the NFL MVP in 1968.

But, yeah, a great backup to have. Super Bowl 3 he kinda bungled, and 7 he didn't get a chance when Shula went back to Griese who had been injured early in the season.

• Like 1

Dk Metcalf speed. 

https://www.insider.com/dk-metcalf-chase-down-usa-track-and-field-tryout-talks-2020-10

His 22 mph converted to a 100 meter dash time would make him the 2nd fastest in the world this by only .02. Coming out of blocks and converting your top speed are 2 different things.  One story showed Usain Bolt's top speed when setting the 100 world record at 27.79 with an avg in the 23s.  

At 6'4” 229 he would make a beast of a 200 guy or a guy to put on your back straight away leg of your 4x100.  Let him basically be at speed when he gets baton.  

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 10:08 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Dk Metcalf speed. 

https://www.insider.com/dk-metcalf-chase-down-usa-track-and-field-tryout-talks-2020-10

His 22 mph converted to a 100 meter dash time would make him the 2nd fastest in the world this by only .02. Coming out of blocks and converting your top speed are 2 different things.  One story showed Usain Bolt's top speed when setting the 100 world record at 27.79 with an avg in the 23s.  

At 6'4” 229 he would make a beast of a 200 guy or a guy to put on your back straight away leg of your 4x100.  Let him basically be at speed when he gets baton.  

And that's in pads, having already run a route. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not getting the Colts broadcast. Is J. Taylor hurt?  I can see from the box, he's not doing much, but seeing from the box Wilkins start the second half in get the most of the reps concerns me.,

Stupid Louisville television market with their Ravens games. I’m listening to it on the Colts app and he is playing. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not getting the Colts broadcast. Is J. Taylor hurt?  I can see from the box, he's not doing much, but seeing from the box Wilkins start the second half in get the most of the reps concerns me.,

I wondered....I stepped out at the half and didn't hear.