2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Joe Burrow basically tore his entire knee apart yesterday. ACL, MCL, and PCL. He'll be lucky to be back by halfway point of next season. Scary part is some athletes will never be the same after an injury like this. Memo to NFL teams....you might want to shore up your line if making a QB your franchise. Bengals had one of the most pro ready guys to come along since Luck and who knows what will happen from here. 

I just feel bad about this all the way around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I just feel bad about this all the way around.

It's horrible. Great looking prospect and talent and who knows? Is he Carson Palmer? Not sure but man if I'm Trevor Lawrence (or others) I'm looking at that line real quick. I bang on Mitch (with plenty of reason for it) but our line has sucked for so long....kid hasn't a chance either. 

• Like 2

These kind of comments makes me wonder about what fans today are thinking. These comments by Packers are inexcusable

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Marquez Valdes-Scantling knows he should have protected the ball better on the second play of overtime, but the Green Bay Packers receiver doesn't think he should have gotten threatening messages on social media after his fumble that set up the Indianapolis Colts' game-winning field goal on Sunday.

"Social media gives cowards the right to say whatever they want with no consequences, so I guess that's one of those things with the profession that we're in, you've got to take it for what it is, don't let it affect you," the third-year receiver said Monday. "It doesn't affect me. People can say whatever they want as long as people in this building and in my family, they all care about me, that's all that matters."

He said he tweeted Sunday night about receiving death threats to "get people to understand that we're humans, too, we're not just some number on a jersey, that we're people first." But he said he never feared for his safety.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

These kind of comments makes me wonder about what fans today are thinking. These comments by Packers are inexcusable

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Marquez Valdes-Scantling knows he should have protected the ball better on the second play of overtime, but the Green Bay Packers receiver doesn't think he should have gotten threatening messages on social media after his fumble that set up the Indianapolis Colts' game-winning field goal on Sunday.

"Social media gives cowards the right to say whatever they want with no consequences, so I guess that's one of those things with the profession that we're in, you've got to take it for what it is, don't let it affect you," the third-year receiver said Monday. "It doesn't affect me. People can say whatever they want as long as people in this building and in my family, they all care about me, that's all that matters."

He said he tweeted Sunday night about receiving death threats to "get people to understand that we're humans, too, we're not just some number on a jersey, that we're people first." But he said he never feared for his safety.

Damn "Cheeseheads"

12 hours ago, rico said:

Once again, who wins the NFC East? 

No clue. On paper it appears Washington is playing the best...with Giants a close 2nd. Don't recall it ever happening but can you imagine fighting for a playoff bid or getting a top 5 draft choice next year? That's pretty much what the NFC East is doing. Win the division draft around 20th. Lose and draft top 5. Haha.

• Like 1