2023 NFL Discussion

rico

In two weeks I’ve literally gone from “Wentz can be a top 5 QB in the NFL”, to Tank For Trevor!!

I’m still not sure sure how much of this to put on Wentz. He’s absolutely been awful this year, but at the same time 3/5 of his projected offensive line is out for the year and once again his top 3 wide receivers are all hurt, and his defense is awful  

He really has no help, but geez he’s been terrible. 

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

In two weeks I’ve literally gone from “Wentz can be a top 5 QB in the NFL”, to Tank For Trevor!!

I’m still not sure sure how much of this to put on Wentz. He’s absolutely been awful this year, but at the same time 3/5 of his projected offensive line is out for the year and once again his top 3 wide receivers are all hurt, and his defense is awful  

BGleas I understand that you're in pain.  But I live in Cincinnati, so forgive me if I say that we have LIVED that pain for basically decades.  Just remember the Super Bowl the Eagles won...and be happy.   😂  Ahhh, yes...see what I mean.  I've seen this so many times.  Totally predictable.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Trubisky of the Bears had been benched for Nick Foles.

Down 26-10. Foles proved why he's the starter moving forward. He threw 4td's but only got credited for 3. Unreal comeback for a team that has only been needing QB play. We'll call this the Nick Foles fame ala Sandberg game. 

Tons of crazy down the stretch in the NFL. Bills gifted one to the Rams and Rams gifted it back on a BS PI call. Philly playing for a tie is weak. Titans storming back for a win.....God I love football. Go Bears!!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Look like a clear interception to me

Seriously? You couldn't tell from any angle when he "lost" the football...even the referee analyst said you couldn't tell and it should have been left as called on the field. That is the problem with replay...too many times it is overturned when they "think" they know what happened when there isn't indisputable proof. There was not indisputable proof in this case.

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Seriously? You couldn't tell from any angle when he "lost" the football...even the referee analyst said you couldn't tell and it should have been left as called on the field. That is the problem with replay...too many times it is overturned when they "think" they know what happened when there isn't indisputable proof. There was not indisputable proof in this case.

To me it look like the defender had it before they went to the ground

Colts defense scored 16  points and the Jets offense scored 7/  Still upset that the Colts lost to a bad Jacksonville team in week 1.  It is not like the schedule has been really difficult with both teams the Colts beat are 0-3.  The next 3 games will be tough but are very winnabe with games at the Bears and Browns and at home against the Bengals.

Wonder who will fire there coach first the Falcons or the Jets.  It seem slike the Falcons afre a good team for 3 quarters then blow big 4th quarter leads.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it look like the defender had it before they went to the ground

That's fine...I was more directing my comments because you said at first it was clear...I thought it was more 50/50 of who had it for catch/interception. My point is they shouldn't have overturned it if there was nothing that overwhelmingly showed he had intercepted it before Robinson hit the ground...and on every replay you couldn't tell...even the announcers and the former ref said it should have remained because there was not clear evidence to overturn the call. Luckily it didn't matter in the end this week!

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

That's fine...I was more directing my comments because you said at first it was clear...I thought it was more 50/50 of who had it for catch/interception. My point is they shouldn't have overturned it if there was nothing that overwhelmingly showed he had intercepted it before Robinson hit the ground...and on every replay you couldn't tell...even the announcers and the former ref said it should have remained because there was not clear evidence to overturn the call. Luckily it didn't matter in the end this week!

Luckily for the Bears they were playing the Falcons who can't keep big leads.  Big game next week in Chicago with the Colts come to town.

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Seeing all the difficulties that the Cowboys are having because their O-line is decimated makes me appreciate even more the Colts line and how Ballard has built his team 

Great stat I saw dieing the Colts game is that the OL has started the same 5 for 19 straight games.  The next longest streak is 3

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rico said:

I knew the Bears were in trouble early.  Mitch was being Mitch but I really didn't see Foles replacing him since Trubisky had led the comeback in week 1.  Add to it the Bears were 2-0.  

Reading the tea leaves....Nagy just ran out of patience. Tired of having to dummy down a playbook for a guy in year 4. In a matter of moments we got to see what a veteran and smooth qb looks like. That was a huge one for Bears yesterday with Colts coming to town followed by short week game vs Tampa. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Reading the tea leaves....Nagy just ran out of patience. Tired of having to dummy down a playbook for a guy in year 4. In a matter of moments we got to see what a veteran and smooth qb looks like. That was a huge one for Bears yesterday with Colts coming to town followed by short week game vs Tampa. 

Trade Mitch the first chance ya get.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BGleas said:

Wentz is just odd is all I really can offer. So good but  he continues to make mistakes and throws he shouldn't....but as you mentioned the Eagles can't keep a skill player or lineman healthy so it's not like you want to throw a rookie qb into that mess either. 8-8 can win that division or I guess 8-7-1 now can win. No need to throw in the towel but Wentz needs to play better.

• Like 1

Colts/Bears coming up this week. Must admit before the QB switch I thought the Colts could come in and win. Vegas apparently still thinks so too....but at least with Foles I believe it's going to be a very, very physical and good game to watch. Bears fan first but obviously cheer for the Colts too. Truly a game that will be won in the trenches. 

I expect Pagano to bring as much pressure as he can all game long on Rivers. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts/Bears coming up this week. Must admit before the QB switch I thought the Colts could come in and win. Vegas apparently still thinks so too....but at least with Foles I believe it's going to be a very, very physical and good game to watch. Bears fan first but obviously cheer for the Colts too. Truly a game that will be won in the trenches. 

I expect Pagano to bring as much pressure as he can all game long on Rivers. 

Agreed. I wasn't overly optimistic about Bears winning with Mitch at qb...but I think it could go either way with Foles. Bears need to get a consistent pass rush. I am curious how Foles at QB will impact Robinson.

• Like 1

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

Agreed. I wasn't overly optimistic about Bears winning with Mitch at qb...but I think it could go either way with Foles. Bears need to get a consistent pass rush. I am curious how Foles at QB will impact Robinson.

Personally Robinson is foaming at the mouth right now. I think Robinson's production can go up 20% and honestly I feel bad for Cohen but in the less is more department.....his injury paves the way for 18 touches a week for Montgomery and now 6-9 for Patterson. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Personally Robinson is foaming at the mouth right now. I think Robinson's production can go up 20% and honestly I feel bad for Cohen but in the less is more department.....his injury paves the way for 18 touches a week for Montgomery and now 6-9 for Patterson. 

Mooney has shown some flashes so far...I think he could emerge as a legit threat with a better QB. Robinson/Mooney could be a very good combo and if Miller could consistently catch the ball...that would be a lot of weapons. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wentz is just odd is all I really can offer. So good but  he continues to make mistakes and throws he shouldn't....but as you mentioned the Eagles can't keep a skill player or lineman healthy so it's not like you want to throw a rookie qb into that mess either. 8-8 can win that division or I guess 8-7-1 now can win. No need to throw in the towel but Wentz needs to play better.

I'd argue that there are several QBs that have or have had the talent level of Wentz that fall into that category. He is far from unique in the talent he posses, but QB is about so much more than that. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the Colts win and control the game from start to finish. I can say with absolute confidence the Chicago Bears are the worst 3-0 team I have ever seen. They should be 0-3 having played the worst schedule in football. 

Won't get any argument from this Bears about being close to 0-3....but given the change at QB there's certainly more optimism headed into this week. 

Regarding game. Control from start to finish? I expect a good one....and considering the Colts lost to a Jaguars team that is still below average I don't think anyone should be speaking in absolute terms from the Colts side of the house.