2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It could literally even be a 5-10-1 division winner if the Eagles sweep their remaining 5 division games.  They will be underdogs in every single non-division game the remainder of the season.

Might make the NFL re-visit how they seed for the play-offs.

The only path to an 8-8 division winner I see is if the Cowboys sweep all 6 division games and beat 2 of 3 from the Cardinals, Vikings, and Bengals.  The only home game among those 3 games is the Cardinals.  Their other remaining non-conference foes are the Steelers, Ravens, and 49ers,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The only path to an 8-8 division winner I see is if the Cowboys sweep all 6 division games and beat 2 of 3 from the Cardinals, Vikings, and Bengals.  The only home game among those 3 games is the Cardinals.  Their other remaining non-conference foes are the Steelers, Ravens, and 49ers,

The same Cowboys that just got spanked by the Browns at Jerry's World?

What the hell is their problem?

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Dallas would have a hard time stopping a good college offense. Scoring as much as they have and still losing is atrocious... not that I am complaining. Jerra is definitely not getting his money’s worth 

I'm not saying the Cowboys will do that.  I'm just saying that if they get their defense fixed, they have a chance with 3 beatable non-conference teams on the schedule.  The other 3 teams in the division are so bad, they have no chance.

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

As a lover of Indy and all things Indiana. Kudos to you Ballard and the Colts. Absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage as you said you would. Hopefully Darius is ok....but Colts are a very solid team. Just need more from Rivers.

Regarding my Bears. Nothing to hang your hat on from defense....from an offensive perspective....specifically play calling. Do something Nagy. Colts owned your a-- at the line and you wouldn't change a thing. No misdirection...no vertical...nada. I know we'll get better with more reps but damn be a tad more imaginative. 

Short week for Bears. Brady on short week is like 11-1 or something stupid in his lifetime.

Yeah that game was boring to watch. I expected more creativity from the offense.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not saying the Cowboys will do that.  I'm just saying that if they get their defense fixed, they have a chance with 3 beatable non-conference teams on the schedule.  The other 3 teams in the division are so bad, they have no chance.

Redskins man!

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Rivers has been pressured on 17.5% of his dropbacks, Bucker has gotten pressure on 13.5% of pass plays.

And the Colts are second in qb pressure and blitz the least in the league. If the Houston and Buckner stay healthy the Colts can compete with anyone. 

Yeah, if you win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball then you have the potential to go very far. 

Bears were a huge disappointment. Defense has been decent but not great and offense...well...we all know about the lack of offense. I will say the Colts have a better defense than I thought. They have been playing mostly same time slot as Bears, so this was the first chance I have had to watch them in entirety. Now that this game is over, I can go back to rooting for them the rest of the season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Bears were a huge disappointment. Defense has been decent but not great and offense...well...we all know about the lack of offense. I will say the Colts have a better defense than I thought. They have been playing mostly same time slot as Bears, so this was the first chance I have had to watch them in entirety. Now that this game is over, I can go back to rooting for them the rest of the season.

Back to "Sling Along with Mitch?" 

7 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

The Bears got a reality check yesterday.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If there was ever a week I love having the Bears play on Thursday it's this week. Don't like facing Brady....but with quick turnaround there isn't time to lament our play calling and execution from yesterday. If it wasn't for final drive Bears would have had 28 yards on ground and ARob with barely 30 yards. 

First time I got to watch Colts myself. Very fast, very physical on defense and owned both sides of the line. As a Colts fan every other week my concern is the concern of every NFL team. QB play. Rivers has to make some of those throws.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If there was ever a week I love having the Bears play on Thursday it's this week. Don't like facing Brady....but with quick turnaround there isn't time to lament our play calling and execution from yesterday. If it wasn't for final drive Bears would have had 28 yards on ground and ARob with barely 30 yards. 

First time I got to watch Colts myself. Very fast, very physical on defense and owned both sides of the line. As a Colts fan every other week my concern is the concern of every NFL team. QB play. Rivers has to make some of those throws.

Well the Bears better pull out a new playbook because the Bucs are gonna score some points.