2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Jonathan Taylor's girlfriend went out of town for the holiday and came back with covid. He is neg. but has to sit out. Woman will bring down any good man.

Saw that. Rookie mistake for sure. Each player makes their own call on how to live but during these times? For example....my good friend from IU is an ER Doc at Community North. He and wife made a decision months ago he would rent a place to not put any of them at risk. Only sees kids during zoom and distanced visits. Can't believe a player couldn't ask those around him to make the same sacrifices. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't call him a loser especially with how he did at Stanford and San Francisco.  Also at most places winning 70% of your games is pretty good and that is what he has done at UM.

Not with the talent level/advantage he has. The 30% are teams of equal or better caliber and he keeps losing to them. Any good coach can go 8-3 at Michigan. Maybe not Rich Rod or Hoake but Harbaugh is suppose to be really good.  He isn’t living up to the billing. If your goal is NC and B1G titles he is pretty far from that. Interesting to see what they do. What is the standard they have for their program. Have they lowered it. I mean here at IU we just want to make the tournament...wonder if Michigan will just settle for a bowl game every year or do they think they should be playing on New Years every year. 
What we have seen lately is new coaches come in and win with the other guys players early but as they move along their teams get steadily worse. To say his program is getting worse is pretty safe to say. I’d be shocked if they fire him this year but no way the Lions should be interested. Don’t know if the kids have tuned him out like the NFL guys did but it’s shocking how bad these kids are. Not only do they look bad they don’t look fundamentally sound. 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They have a wide receiver that started 3 years in college. Imagine the nfl tries to postpone it.

Hinton is the WR. Also, looking at RB Freeman taking some snaps as well.  The thing is that not one of the QB's have tested positive, but came in contact with someone who tested positive. And then were sent home by the league, for practicing without a mask on Friday.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hinton is the WR. Also, looking at RB Freeman taking some snaps as well.  The thing is that not one of the QB's have tested positive, but came in contact with someone who tested positive. And then were sent home by the league, for practicing without a mask on Friday.

Yeah probably Jeff Driskal who came down with Covid and part of the qb room I’d guess. Tough break. They have those 24 hr tests. You’d think they’d postpone it til Monday and have them retested.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not with the talent level/advantage he has. The 30% are teams of equal or better caliber and he keeps losing to them. Any good coach can go 8-3 at Michigan. Maybe not Rich Rod or Hoake but Harbaugh is suppose to be really good.  He isn’t living up to the billing. If your goal is NC and B1G titles he is pretty far from that. Interesting to see what they do. What is the standard they have for their program. Have they lowered it. I mean here at IU we just want to make the tournament...wonder if Michigan will just settle for a bowl game every year or do they think they should be playing on New Years every year. 
What we have seen lately is new coaches come in and win with the other guys players early but as they move along their teams get steadily worse. To say his program is getting worse is pretty safe to say. I’d be shocked if they fire him this year but no way the Lions should be interested. Don’t know if the kids have tuned him out like the NFL guys did but it’s shocking how bad these kids are. Not only do they look bad they don’t look fundamentally sound. 

I wonder if he's lost his interest in coaching??

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I just saw that the Broncos tried to talk the league into letting them start their offensive quality control coach Rob Calabrese.  The NFL denied it.  Unfortunately I don't get this game on tv today.  Should be interesting to watch.  Well, at least for a quarter or two.

NFL denies request for Broncos QB to be assistant coach Rob Calabrese

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

I wonder if he's lost his interest in coaching??

I don’t think so...but there is clearly a disconnect. To me it’s more about him and his ego. Look at the difference in how he coaches and how say someone like Allen does. There is a difference in passion for your players and passion to win for yourself. I tell you this...we got good talent but if Allen had Michigan talent that team would be a National powerhouse. Harbaugh has had top recruiting classes almost every year...so what guys go pro...there is no excuse for the lack of success.