2023 NFL Discussion

rico

I've been a Bears fan all my life. The embarrassing part is we could still make the playoffs. The heart and pulse of Chicago has always been the Bears. Not the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks,etc...maybe it's age or probably not maturity but I'm getting close to the apathy stage. It's a joke of ownership. The GM is is similar to what IU had as an AD in the early 2000's......and yet we just roll with things. 

If Pace/Nagy aren't terminated by Tuesday I'll know which way ownership wants me to go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been a Bears fan all my life. The embarrassing part is we could still make the playoffs. The heart and pulse of Chicago has always been the Bears. Not the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks,etc...maybe it's age or probably not maturity but I'm getting close to the apathy stage. It's a joke of ownership. The GM is is similar to what IU had as an AD in the early 2000's......and yet we just roll with things. 

If Pace/Nagy aren't terminated by Tuesday I'll know which way ownership wants me to go. 

I'm with you....but we all know this ownership is very unlikely to make a change until after the season is over. The big problem is I don't trust this ownership to hire a competent football guy for GM anyway. Pace is a joke to me at this point...he made that ridiculous decision to reach up one spot in the draft to get Trubisky and has refused to admit it was a huge mistake and try to remedy it. Instead he continued to grasp at straws to try to make it work. It clearly has not.

Having said that, my main gripe with Pace is the offensive line is and has been a joke and he has done next to nothing to try to improve the situation. Bears can't run the ball OR pass protect. Big difference between Ballard and Pace...look at the Colts offensive line vs the Bears.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm with you....but we all know this ownership is very unlikely to make a change until after the season is over. The big problem is I don't trust this ownership to hire a competent football guy for GM anyway. Pace is a joke to me at this point...he made that ridiculous decision to reach up one spot in the draft to get Trubisky and has refused to admit it was a huge mistake and try to remedy it. Instead he continued to grasp at straws to try to make it work. It clearly has not.

Having said that, my main gripe with Pace is the offensive line is and has been a joke and he has done next to nothing to try to improve the situation. Bears can't run the ball OR pass protect. Big difference between Ballard and Pace...look at the Colts offensive line vs the Bears.

In 6 drafts Pace has drafted 1 QB and 2 OL. 2. If I'm ownership I'm calling Louis Riddick this morning. Figure out a deal and get him on board asap because our salary cap is such a mess....only way to rebuild this thing is to trade some of our favorites on defense. 

The whole world is going to make a run at Bienemy in the offseason. With Riddick I'd like to think we could have a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

In 6 drafts Pace has drafted 1 QB and 2 OL. 2. If I'm ownership I'm calling Louis Riddick this morning. Figure out a deal and get him on board asap because our salary cap is such a mess....only way to rebuild this thing is to trade some of our favorites on defense. 

The whole world is going to make a run at Bienemy in the offseason. With Riddick I'd like to think we could have a chance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Riddick just praise the Bears skill position players not that long ago?  And didn't he call their defense championship caliber?  And then blasted their OL?  

To me, that sounds like he thinks they aren't far away?

Just now, rico said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Riddick just praise the Bears skill position players not that long ago?  And didn't he call their defense championship caliber?  And then blasted their OL?  

To me, that sounds like he thinks they aren't far away?

To answer your question yes. Used correctly he thinks there are some very good pieces there besides the most important one. Riddick has long praised some of the Bears. Could be a match. Who knows what will happen with a kid like Dak or any of the other QB's out there. Just takes 1 guy to change an entire outlook for a franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To answer your question yes. Used correctly he thinks there are some very good pieces there besides the most important one. Riddick has long praised some of the Bears. Could be a match. Who knows what will happen with a kid like Dak or any of the other QB's out there. Just takes 1 guy to change an entire outlook for a franchise. 

Mitch will come off the books, right?  What is Foles' status?

59 minutes ago, rico said:

Mitch will come off the books, right?  What is Foles' status?

Pretty sure Foles signed 3 year contract...I can't recall $$ amount. He is a good backup, but knowing Pace I'm sure Bears overpaid.

EDIT: I checked...it was 3 years/24 million and he is guaranteed 21 million.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Ravens/Steelers game gets postponed again from Tuesday to Wednesday.  While the NFL in their infinite wisdom made the Broncos play with NO QB's, while three QB's continue to test negatively. 

They are going out of there way to make sure these guys play because they are playoff teams.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

They are going out of there way to make sure these guys play because they are playoff teams.

I hear ya.  But Denver might have been able to jump into to mix with a win on Sunday.... had not the NFL pulled the rug from out of their legs.   Only positive was Denver not getting shut out.  465  consecutive home games without a shut out. 

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Mitch is done and Foles as Fritz said is essentially a one year deal. Problem is cap is coming down probably 25% and we're still in trouble. Haha.

Sooo, who is out there on the FA market after the season?  Dak.  Jacoby.  Cam.  Jameis.  Rivers?  Tyrod?

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Sooo, who is out there on the FA market after the season?  Dak.  Jacoby.  Cam.  Jameis.  Rivers?  Tyrod?

Pretty much that's the list. Maybe Andy Dalton too.....but I'm going back into total rebuild mode. We have zero draft equity, cap space is minimal and an organization that is bent on being 8-8. I'd feel better if we went total Dolphins mode and rebuild for 2 years out from now. 

On a side note if we don't beat the Lions this weekend the entire operation should be let go before they hit the tunnel.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty much that's the list. Maybe Andy Dalton too.....but I'm going back into total rebuild mode. We have zero draft equity, cap space is minimal and an organization that is bent on being 8-8. I'd feel better if we went total Dolphins mode and rebuild for 2 years out from now. 

On a side note if we don't beat the Lions this weekend the entire operation should be let go before they hit the tunnel.

We would be more than happy to take Kmet off your hands...