2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, rico said:

It is being reported that way...saw it on NBC.

I suppose it makes the most sense...Foles has been a backup before, as where Dalton and Cam really haven't...

This way the Bears can put on a dog and pony show saying it's "competition" for Mitch's job, while still letting him think they have some confidence in him...

CYA at its finest...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't mind the Foles move one bit. He's far more proven. Worked with Nagy before and knows the system today better than Mitch does after 2 years. Contract is restructured so the only guarantees the Bears are on the hook for is $20M or so.....plus he's 14-3 when his defense holds opponents to 18 points or less. I'll take this move all day long and the sooner we can move on from Mitch the better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sounded like the Colts and Jags discussed a trade for Foles before the Colts signed Rivers.  I think they said the colts were offering a 5th rounder so they got a better offer from the bears.

Intra-division trades rarely happen. My guess is Jacksonville knew they had a sucker in Pace who has obviously given away picks before and played their cards right. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Intra-division trades rarely happen. My guess is Jacksonville knew they had a sucker in Pace who has obviously given away picks before and played their cards right. 

Humorous take here...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881810-bears-trubisky-vs-foles-qb-competition-likely-to-leave-everyone-feeling-lost?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I think Trubisky will leave camp as the starter, and if he fails, Foles will take over...Foles seems more comfortable in that role anyway, plus Pace saves face..hey, sounds like the start of a limerick...

There once was a man named Pace

Who was trying to save some of his face

By thinking that Foles 

Could win Super Bowls

Instead of Mitch taking up space...

Ah, it's 6:10...that's all I got...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Trubisky will leave camp as the starter, and if he fails, Foles will take over...Foles seems more comfortable in that role anyway, plus Pace saves face..hey, sounds like the start of a limerick...

There once was a man named Pace

Who was trying to save some of his face

By thinking that Foles 

Could win Super Bowls

Instead of Mitch taking up space...

Ah, it's 6:10...that's all I got...

I ain't mad about that effort 

First clean limerick I have ever heard 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Colts interested in TE Delanie Walker...who has been a fantasy nightmare for me.

I was actually hoping the Bears would take a look at him. Instead we sign Graham, the dude from Cleveland to join the other 7 (9 total) Tight Ends the Bears have under contract right now.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was actually hoping the Bears would take a look at him. Instead we sign Graham, the dude from Cleveland to join the other 7 (9 total) Tight Ends the Bears have under contract right now.

Well, if it makes you feel any better the Packers are looking at Walker as well...LOL

1 hour ago, rico said:

Such is the life of a NFL RB.  Surprised the Rams couldn't find a trade partner for him.

After the past few years it tells me this. Elite RB's who are drafted should start holding out by year 3 on rookie deal if they are hitting big numbers. These teams discard rb's so quickly once they hit 27 or 28 or they only get 1 shot at the big, big money.

Shoot Jordan Howard just barely got 2 years and $10M and he's only been in the league for 4 seasons. Free agency treats him like he's washed up. 

Good move by Gurley and Atlanta.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Good get for Denver.

I think so but it's kind of puzzling. Gordon was drafted high and did well in SD/LA...but was replaced towards the end of this year by Ekeler. On the other hand the Broncos drafted Freeman but he was outperformed by undrafted Lindsay....yet Denver backed up the truck for 1 year to get Gordon?? Something about this whole move makes zero sense to me....and I don't think either GM (including Elway) knows what the heck they are doing.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think so but it's kind of puzzling. Gordon was drafted high and did well in SD/LA...but was replaced towards the end of this year by Ekeler. On the other hand the Broncos drafted Freeman but he was outperformed by undrafted Lindsay....yet Denver backed up the truck for 1 year to get Gordon?? Something about this whole move makes zero sense to me....and I don't think either GM (including Elway) knows what the heck they are doing.

Freeman has had a lackluster time at Denver...Gordon is a stud.  Either way, both teams have QB issues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Freeman has had a lackluster time at Denver...Gordon is a stud.  Either way, both teams have QB issues.

I like Gordon. Always have....but the way these RB's get shuffled or I guess how quickly they get shuffled is unreal. Makes sense to use a cost effective strategy like the Colts or other teams...and keep drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round each year to keep the stable full. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like Gordon. Always have....but the way these RB's get shuffled or I guess how quickly they get shuffled is unreal. Makes sense to use a cost effective strategy like the Colts or other teams...and keep drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round each year to keep the stable full. 

Or you could take the Cowboy approach and pay Zeke a fortune and ride him all the way to a champio.... oh wait

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Or you could take the Cowboy approach and pay Zeke a fortune and ride him all the way to a champio.... oh wait

Yep. Haha! I know most Colts fans wanted and deserved a couple more titles along the way but when I watch some of these teams try to figure out how to properly manage their salary cap and still win??? Polian was a damn genius keeping that many players happy for that long while still winning as much as anyone not named the Patriots or maybe Steelers during their prime.

• Like 2