2023 NFL Discussion

rico

So, Dolphins come out and say that Tua is their guy next season, but Jets declare that they are noncommittal on Darnold.

Maybe just me, but I watched Tua the last two games of the season and he looked like he was in over his head. Darnold hasn’t been a world beater but that might be more a commentary on the talent around him.

Like what the Dolphins are building. Glad that they got pounded Sunday. Not sure that they are better with Tua v Fitzmagic

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, Dolphins come out and say that Tua is their guy next season, but Jets declare that they are noncommittal on Darnold.

Maybe just me, but I watched Tua the last two games of the season and he looked like he was in over his head. Darnold hasn’t been a world beater but that might be more a commentary on the talent around him.

Like what the Dolphins are building. Glad that they got pounded Sunday. Not sure that they are better with Tua v Fitzmagic

Well Tua was just a rookie so he needs some time. Darnold has been in the league 3 years do they can see what kind of player he is.

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Dolphins are in the same position the Cardinals were in a few years back.  There are "rumors" out there that the Fish don't see Tua as their franchise QB and will use their high pick to get another one.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Deshaun Houston released a cryptic tweet, could he want out?

I think all of the above. Just tired of losing. He joined Peyton, Rodgers, and Ryan as the only QB to throw for more than 4500 yards, 30+ TD's and less than 10 interceptions while winning only 4 games. Wasting his talents with bad year after bad year there.

1 hour ago, rico said:

The Dolphins are in the same position the Cardinals were in a few years back.  There are "rumors" out there that the Fish don't see Tua as their franchise QB and will use their high pick to get another one.

For as good a coach as Saban is, and with the amount of talent he has sent to the NFL, I cannot recall one Tide quarterback who played under him that had any amount of success in the pros.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

For as good a coach as Saban is, and with the amount of talent he has sent to the NFL, I cannot recall one Tide quarterback who played under him that had any amount of success in the pros.

The receivers make their QB's look pro quality when they are not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Runnings backs, WRs, and any defensive position though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Alabama has 35 players on offense and 38 on defense in the league right now.  Henry, Jones, Ridley...maybe Cooper/Ingram are obviously stars or have had their moments but to your point. Bama guys seem to get lost in the NFL far more than most. The only other program to have this much talent in the league was the Canes...and the scary part about Miami was they sometimes ended up being better pros than college guys.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Alabama has 35 players on offense and 38 on defense in the league right now.  Henry, Jones, Ridley...maybe Cooper/Ingram are obviously stars or have had their moments but to your point. Bama guys seem to get lost in the NFL far more than most. The only other program to have this much talent in the league was the Canes...and the scary part about Miami was they sometimes ended up being better pros than college guys.

Reggie Wayne