2023 NFL Discussion

rico

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ray Lewis, Edgerrin James, Vilma, Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor, Moss, Wilfork, Gore, Hester, Sapp, Maryland, Kennedy, Ed Reed...just off the top of my head. 

I think Reggie and Moss took yards from each other. I don't think Taylor, Vilma, and Johnson should be on your list. Maybe not 

Lewis and Wayne FOR SURE. Reggie Wayne was 30th pick overall, highest receiving yards he had in his college years was like 800. Now he's going to be a HOFer. Shew... heck he didn't even do much his first 3 years in the NFL. 

Ed Reed was a 2 time All-American? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rico said:

The Dolphins are in the same position the Cardinals were in a few years back.  There are "rumors" out there that the Fish don't see Tua as their franchise QB and will use their high pick to get another one.

Chan Gailey, handpicked for the OC by Flores, unexpectedly resigned today. 

Wonder if there was some disagreement regarding Tua’s future prospects with the team?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think Reggie and Moss took yards from each other. I don't think Taylor, Vilma, and Johnson should be on your list. Maybe not 

Lewis and Wayne FOR SURE. Reggie Wayne was 30th pick overall, highest receiving yards he had in his college years was like 800. Now he's going to be a HOFer. Shew... heck he didn't even do much his first 3 years in the NFL. 

Ed Reed was a 2 time All-American? 

Ed Reed was also a 2 star who told his parents his last year in high school they were no good for him. Went to live with a teach for structure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Heating up

Gaining momentum for sure but we see what people pay to move up to take a rookie qb...how much would it cost to take him? I saw a Vikings guy say Cousins and their 14th pick to Houston for Watson and the Texans beat guy laughed at it suggesting he's hearing ton more than that.

For example...if my Bears were to get involved I think it would take something along the lines of Mack, this year first, next year first, and some future 2nds. Watson is that good. 

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Gaining momentum for sure but we see what people pay to move up to take a rookie qb...how much would it cost to take him? I saw a Vikings guy say Cousins and their 14th pick to Houston for Watson and the Texans beat guy laughed at it suggesting he's hearing ton more than that.

For example...if my Bears were to get involved I think it would take something along the lines of Mack, this year first, next year first, and some future 2nds. Watson is that good. 

How about Miami as a trade partner for the Texans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think after Miami fleeced the Texans this past year...they won't be dancing again anytime soon. Who knows though. Both teams are being run by Patriots guys so maybe they would. 

Seems that this time it wouldn't be a fleece.  Watson to the Fish for Tua and their 1 Rd. pick.  Regardless, I would rather see him in Indy or Chi-town.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Seems that this time it wouldn't be a fleece.  Watson to the Fish for Tua and their 1 Rd. pick.  Regardless, I would rather see him in Indy or Chi-town.

There are about 3-4 draft day decisions that will go down in my sports world as some of the best/worst ever. Not taking Watson will always be on that list. On the other hand 2 of the best draft day decisions ever was obviously Polian taking Peyton and the one I was more happy about was take Edge over Williams. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

There are about 3-4 draft day decisions that will go down in my sports world as some of the best/worst ever. Not taking Watson will always be on that list. On the other hand 2 of the best draft day decisions ever was obviously Polian taking Peyton and the one I was more happy about was take Edge over Williams. 

They loved Edges ability to catch out of the backfield. Goodness he was a good player. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Cook was out a lot. Hard to argue with the 4 CBs that were on there though. 

Cook 14 games played 1,557 yards rushing 16 touchdowns 44 receptions 361 yards 1 touchdown

Kamara 15 games played 932 yards rushing 16 touchdowns 83 receptions 756 yards 5 touchdowns

Total yards Cook wins by 230 in one less game. Kamara more touchdowns. 

Kamara played for a more talented team and without their #1 wr almost the entire year, and#1 qb for a good part of the year. He had to do more due to other options being out.

I would have picked Cook

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Cook 14 games played 1,557 yards rushing 16 touchdowns 44 receptions 361 yards 1 touchdown

Kamara 15 games played 932 yards rushing 16 touchdowns 83 receptions 756 yards 5 touchdowns

Total yards Cook wins by 230 in one less game. Kamara more touchdowns. 

Kamara played for a more talented team and without their #1 wr almost the entire year, and#1 qb for a good part of the year. He had to do more due to other options being out.

I would have picked Cook

I would have taken them both and not taken Cole Beasley or DK Metcalf. Cook also got the ball 90 more times than Kamara.