2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw the Bears selected TE Cole Janet from ND.

Kmet is probably the best TE prospect in the draft. That part I like. Local kid to Chicago. My only issue is we have 8 TE's on the roster....and a position of need just went right after us in Delpit. Time will tell I guess.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I’m good with it though. Colts need playmakers and they’ve drafted two tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ballard somehow acquired another pick or two before the draft is over.

Ballard has absolutely nailed this thing again. He's turned 3 picks into Buckner, Pittman, Taylor so far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kmet is probably the best TE prospect in the draft. That part I like. Local kid to Chicago. My only issue is we have 8 TE's on the roster....and a position of need just went right after us in Delpit. Time will tell I guess.

Yep...but I have to wonder if he would have been available with the Bears lower second round pick...seems like Pace reached a bit but we'll see.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yep...but I have to wonder if he would have been available with the Bears lower second round pick...seems like Pace reached a bit but we'll see.

Rare air for Bears fans on draft night. We actually drafted two starters with our first two picks. Only concern is Johnson history of shoulder injuries. Otherwise I'm good with what we did tonight.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rare air for Bears fans on draft night. We actually drafted two starters with our first two picks. Only concern is Johnson history of shoulder injuries. Otherwise I'm good with what we did tonight.

I'm pretty happy with both picks. I think Kmet was a bit of a reach and would have like to have seen them trade down 10-20 picks to see if he was still there. Obviously takes 2 to tango, so maybe nobody was interested. Johnson seems like a really solid pickup. Was getting some late 1st round consideration.

The only thing I don't like is this makes me wonder more about the Jimmy Graham signing. Seems like an expensive mentor for Kmet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm pretty happy with both picks. I think Kmet was a bit of a reach and would have like to have seen them trade down 10-20 picks to see if he was still there. Obviously takes 2 to tango, so maybe nobody was interested. Johnson seems like a really solid pickup. Was getting some late 1st round consideration.

The only thing I don't like is this makes me wonder more about the Jimmy Graham signing. Seems like an expensive mentor for Kmet.

Trust me. The Graham signing makes and won't ever make any sense. Like our picks but still have this part of my brain where I'm going if you knew this.....why did you do this Pace. Oh well. We've done far worse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I love Chris Ballard an uncomfortable amount.  What a treat after the Grigson years.

I'm sure others noticed too. Colts on the clock. Pick is in. No delay. Quick and decisive. Never know what happens with players. Some name guys disappear and others flourish but I'll say on paper Ballard did as well as anyone so far.

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of surprised Jacob Eason and Jake Fromm are still available. I can't imagine them lasting long today.

I’m not surprised at all despite Wingo and the other guys on ESPN pushing for them to get picked. Eason doesn’t work hard and has an attitude and from is a good 5th rounder. 

• Like 1

Ballard has done a great job thus far. Buckner was/is much better than what they could have drafted at pick 13, Pittman  will be a starter opposite Hilton almost on day one(ceiling is Brandon Marshall or Kenny Golladay which I’m drooling over cause I love Golladay game). Interesting to trade up for Jonathan Taylor, however, he’s a playmaker and the colts love to run the ball. Him and Mack will be a force at 30 carries per game. If Mack decides to not resign after this year, enter Taylor as the lead back. Blackman pick is solid, recovering from knee surgery, however, can stretch the field and is a ball hawk. Potential starter if Malik Hookers 5th yr option isn’t picked up next year. So far this draft is 🔥🔥🔥

I think they address an OT, CB and DL with there next three picks. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

QB - Rivers(still two good years left IMO)

RB - Mack, Taylor, Hines and Wilkins

WR - Hilton, Pittman, Paris, Pascal, Fountain

TE - Doyle, Burton

You have two playmakers at RB, two playmakers at WR(maybe 3 if Paris stays healthy). We wanted playmakers and Ballard did just that on offense with Taylor and Pittman. Both have plenty of college experience which should/will help transition to NFL easier

We still have all our picks in 2021 draft, should we need to move higher up in first rd 1 for a QB, we have the ability to do just that should Rivers not work out this upcoming season. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

DT - Buckner(top 5 DT in the league)

DE - Houston and Turay(Houston still effective given age and Turay was coming on strong before getting injured last yr)

LB - Leonard (top 5 LB easily) and Walker(improving as a solid MLB)

CB - Rhodes, Moore(Rhodes only 1 yr removed from being an all pro plus is reunited with his coaches from Minny where he was an all pro for two or three years and Moore is a top 5 a lot CB)

S - Hooker is special pending his health and Willis has the tools to be a Antoine Bethea type player 

overall the defense looks solid, top 15 easily IMO. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055

I've unfortunately had to rethink some of my comments from last night regarding Bears and Kmet. Should have taken Delpit and play him next to Jackson and have 2 very good safeties right away. Kmet could have been available at 50 and if not you still get Johnson. I think my angst is we've messed up the TE position so badly that anyone they bring in will make me second guess why do that??

• Like 2