2023 NFL Discussion

rico

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@IUFLA

Divisions in the NFL more regionally based than already are (disregarding conference) 

Northeast 

NE

NYJ

NYG

BUFF

Mid Atlantic 

BALT

CAR

WSH

PHI

MIDWEST

INDY

PITT

CINCI

CLE

Great Lakes

GB

DET

CHI

MN

South

NO

TN

DAL

HOU

Southeast

MIA

ATL

TB

JAX

West

SF

SD

LAR

AZ

Rockies?

SEA

KC

LV

DEN

Wow, that's pretty much perfect alignment as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see it happen...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wow, that's pretty much perfect alignment as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see it happen...

Kind of cool to think about. 

I'd also like to see the B1G to go to 8 games and to play an ACC/B1G challenge every year. So... in 2019 OSU won the B1G, as did Clemson ACC, so they play each other. IU finished 7th so we would have to play against the 7th from ACC who would be 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 one of WF, FSU, UNC, BC, PITT, MIA.....

Or IU just play UK every year. 

Edited by btownqb

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

I've always been mixed with Long. Was so good so early and he loved being a Bear. Last few years with injuries it became more annoying to me as a fan. Can't imagine what a staff/GM would think. I think it was Pete Carroll who discusses availability with players. He mentions you can be all  world but if you aren't available find a new team.

• Like 2

Jamal Adams was the 6th pick overall in 2017 draft and one of the better safeties in football today. After 3 seasons he's wanting a trade with a couple years left on his contract. Nothing earth shattering but my point is this. Don't these players realize the NFL isn't like the NBA where forced trades are common?

Maybe something happened between Adams and Jets but not even getting to final year of his first contract and making these demands? It's not like he's Mahomes where he's outperformed, out earned, outdone everything on his rookie deal.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not that we didn't know but in the Super Bowl era the Bears have started 50 QB's. 50. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29345410/why-chicago-bears-failed-solving-their-eternal-quarterback-quandary?linkId=91457766

"I've broken it down into six categories -- bad management, bad trades, bad drafts, bad coaching, bad luck and injuries," Pierson said.

The guy's a savant...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Jamal Adams was the 6th pick overall in 2017 draft and one of the better safeties in football today. After 3 seasons he's wanting a trade with a couple years left on his contract. Nothing earth shattering but my point is this. Don't these players realize the NFL isn't like the NBA where forced trades are common?

Maybe something happened between Adams and Jets but not even getting to final year of his first contract and making these demands? It's not like he's Mahomes where he's outperformed, out earned, outdone everything on his rookie deal.

I'm glad Ballard doesn't put up with s*** like this. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm like Ballard doesn't put up with s*** like this. 

Great part about Ballard is this. Now his teams need to start winning but he along with staff/ownership have created a culture of being on the right track. Guys actually want to join Colts operation. I don't think Adams would be feeling this if he was here in town. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No doubt. 50 though. I knew the number was bad but that's as cringe as cringeworthy gets.

I could name pretty much every one of them, but this board wouldnt allow me to mix the expletives in with the names...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I could name pretty much every one of them, but this board wouldnt allow me to mix the expletives in with the names...

Trust me. I know Bears fans and for the most part Chicago fans are better at the complaining department....but just in my Bears world (1980 or so on) why are we the only franchise in sport that can't get the position right. Even the Jaguars, Jets, and Browns have hit on a few QB's over the last 40 years.

We could draft Peyton Manning and somehow he'd retire after 2 years because of injuries. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I know Bears fans and for the most part Chicago fans are better at the complaining department....but just in my Bears world (1980 or so on) why are we the only franchise in sport that can't get the position right. Even the Jaguars, Jets, and Browns have hit on a few QB's over the last 40 years.

We could draft Peyton Manning and somehow he'd retire after 2 years because of injuries. 

Bears need new owners...i think they will sell team once Virginia passes...

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Bears need new owners...i think they will sell team once Virginia passes...

Why would they sell though? The franchise (at the expense of the fans) prints $.....there's what 4-5 kids and I don't know how many grandkids involved besides the 2 other owners Ryan and McKenna.

Trust me I'd love a new ownership group but I just don't see that happening during my lifetime.

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why would they sell though? The franchise (at the expense of the fans) prints $.....there's what 4-5 kids and I don't know how many grandkids involved besides the 2 other owners Ryan and McKenna.

Trust me I'd love a new ownership group but I just don't see that happening during my lifetime.

Ive read that the children don't have an interest in running the team...I have no idea if true or not, but it is good to hope!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Ive read that the children don't have an interest in running the team...I have no idea if true or not, but it is good to hope!

I'd have to go back and study but I remember how the team was passed down was to avoid estate taxes....and there's roughly 15-20 ownership stakes in play but Virginia has controlling voting interest. When she passes that seems to go to George I would assume but don't know. 

Trust me I'd love new ownership. People here in Indy bang on Irsay for many things but I'd die for a guy like him and his daughters to be in charge of my team.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw Cam Newton signs a one year deal with the Pats

Yep. And as Schefter just tweeted if Cam plays well and leaves after this year.....the Patriots get a 3rd round pick in 2022 draft back that they lost for videotape violation in 2021 draft. Love him or not....such a Belichick move..and I love it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. And as Schefter just tweeted if Cam plays well and leaves after this year.....the Patriots get a 3rd round pick in 2022 draft back that they lost for videotape violation in 2021 draft. Love him or not....such a Belichick move..and I love it. 

Adversity makes strange bedfellows...

• Like 1