2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Don't overanalyze 4-1.  

Trying to not to do much of it this morning. Ball at Bucs 24 and you call 2 pass plays on 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 9 not having Bucs use any of their timeouts is something I'll just have to file in back of brain for wtf Nagy. His team is 4-1 which is awesome but if you took all of the stats and put them on a blind resume you'd 2-3 tops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to not to do much of it this morning. Ball at Bucs 24 and you call 2 pass plays on 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 9 not having Bucs use any of their timeouts is something I'll just have to file in back of brain for wtf Nagy. His team is 4-1 which is awesome but if you took all of the stats and put them on a blind resume you'd 2-3 tops.

Yep, we can play Friday morning QB all we want to, they are 4-1.  Time for alarm bells?  I think not.  That NFC East is so miserable that I do believe the Bears "walk" into the playoffs.  Hell, they own a tie-breaker over the Bucs(the supposed surprise SB team out of the NFC).  Time to set sights on the Packers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand the angst but Tampa did the exact same thing at the end of the first half... 3 incompletions that ran a whopping 17 seconds off the clock. Gave the Bears the opportunity to score and take the lead going into the locker room.

Sometimes I think coaches get so locked into play calling, and so sure that the plays they call are going to be successful, that they lose track of the big picture 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Yep, we can play Friday morning QB all we want to, they are 4-1.  Time for alarm bells?  I think not.  That NFC East is so miserable that I do believe the Bears "walk" into the playoffs.  Hell, they own a tie-breaker over the Bucs(the supposed surprise SB team out of the NFC).  Time to set sights on the Packers.

I was glad to hear Nagy this morning during presser basically say the same. 4-1....but the offense needs to get fixed. Foles echoed the same on Dan Patrick but plenty of time to get stuff worked out. Before the season started I had us at 3-2 at this point. I'll take 4-1 all day long no matter what it looks like.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, Seeking6 said:

Interesting win for the Bears this week. As a few mentioned on here we would know more after this week. Our offense played like crap. Defense was ok....and still got a win. As said on Sunday. We won't face a D like Colts again this year. I like 4-1....but I'm assuming beat Brady and his 11-1 record on Thursday night somehow means the Bears are still playing the worst opponents in NFL. 

Joking aside. Solid win on an off night.

Really good win, I'll eat crow on it. 

Phillip Rivers has given the Browns 9 points, which happens to be the margin of lead right now. The Colts’ defense is good enough, but when they get in a game where they have to score points, I don’t think they can do it with him as the quarterback. Not nearly mobile or elusive enough and arm strength is so-so.

I think that they need to make the move to Brissett so as to not waste the quality play of the defense 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Phillip Rivers has given the Browns 9 points, which happens to be the margin of lead right now. The Colts’ defense is good enough, but when they get in a game where they have to score points, I don’t think they can do it with him as the quarterback. Not nearly mobile or elusive enough and arm strength is so-so.

I think that they need to make the move to Brissett so as to not waste the quality play of the defense 

Should have benched Rivers after the pick 6.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, Andy was never the problem in Cincinnati.  The Bengals issues went way deeper.

I don't think the Bengals ever said he was the problem. I think they moved on because the had a chance who take a young QB who has the look of someone you can build a franchise around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well Rivers numbers this year is still better than what Brisett did last year so he is not the answer.  It sound slike that Eason has been impressing people in practice so hopefully he might be a good QB in a couple of years.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

On the other side of the field, Daniel Jones is a horrific quarterback.

QB's like Jones is why I did not want to just pick a QB high in the draft just because you need one  I did not think this years draft claass fo QB's were great so I did not want them to reach for a QB.  If you keep reaching for quaterbacks high in the draft and miss you become the Browns.

• Like 1

Not going to try to make excuses for Rivers because he has played badly the last two games.  Have to look that today we did not have Constanzo protecting his back side and 3 skill players who can make big plays( Mack, Campbell, Pittman).  It is is obvious to me their WR core are not very good and can't make huge plays afyter the catch.  In San Diego he had receivers who could take a 10 yeard catch and make it a 40 yard play.

• rico changed the title to 2023 NFL Discussion
  • KDB pinned this topic