2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Well, he is hearing something, but then again, I do not think he ends up in Indy. If he does, our defense is going to be super good.

Probably depends on how much money he wants and how many years.  Colts #1 priority is LT and I like to see them sign Trent Williams for this position

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Probably depends on how much money he wants and how many years.  Colts #1 priority is LT and I like to see them

sign Trent Williams for this position

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Trent Williams would be very nice 

The Colts have to draft a rookie left tackle. As nice as it would be to sign or trade for Trent Williams or Orlando Brown they don't need to invest that kind of money in another O-lineman. The reason is because Ryan Kelly is on a big deal and Nelson and Smith are about to be the highest paid OG and RT in the league in another year so that means the team needs a cheap LT and RG unless they move Nelson and then they could have a cheaper RG but I don't think that will happen. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

I think this situation is going to get a tad ugly. My guess is Bears will franchise tag him. If that continues into the season he probably won't show up until week 10. Same problem for the Bears. The guy making the calls is an idiot. He'd rather give an aging Robert Quinn $70M and $30M guaranteed for 14 tackles and 2 sacks instead of signing a 100 year reception guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think this situation is going to get a tad ugly. My guess is Bears will franchise tag him. If that continues into the season he probably won't show up until week 10. Same problem for the Bears. The guy making the calls is an idiot. He'd rather give an aging Robert Quinn $70M and $30M guaranteed for 14 tackles and 2 sacks instead of signing a 100 year reception guy.

I haven't read much lately, but I figured the Bears would tag and trade him since he won't want to play for the Bears for a one year tag deal (I'm guessing). Every time I read a story about Pace and the Bears I feel like there should be circus music playing in the background. Such a clown show of an organization.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I haven't read much lately, but I figured the Bears would tag and trade him since he won't want to play for the Bears for a one year tag deal (I'm guessing). Every time I read a story about Pace and the Bears I feel like there should be circus music playing in the background. Such a clown show of an organization.

It really is....and most people just think Bears fans like to complain (which we probably do to a degree) but if other fans had to deal with everything we deal with they'd complain too. I'm not just talking about product on field either. Whole gameday experience at SF is a chore....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Every year I see people predict the Colts getting one of the top WR in free agency but they never do.  I think they should look at Ballard"s actions and see that he does not put a huge priority in that position.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Every year I see people predict the Colts getting one of the top WR in free agency but they never do.  I think they should look at Ballard"s actions and see that he does not put a huge priority in that position.

I think Ballard is going to target a WR in free agency. There have been some sources that have said that as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis Samuel is a target to replace TY if he hits the open market and isn't tagged. I think Robinson, Galladay, and Goodwin will all be overpriced but who knows this offseason and the cap situations with a lot of teams. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think Ballard is going to target a WR in free agency. There have been some sources that have said that as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis Samuel is a target to replace TY if he hits the open market and isn't tagged. I think Robinson, Galladay, and Goodwin will all be overpriced but who knows this offseason and the cap situations with a lot of teams. 

He always signs a WR but they are not the top high  price WR

44 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I love that you immediately came in with the exact opposite take as Scott.  I will be pleasantly surprised if the colts actually pay a stud receiver.  However, history does not point to this as Scott has stated.  I do not think it happens either.  They may pay around 12ish but not any higher.  I think Funchess was in the 8 maybe 10 range.  Ballard is a bargain hunter.  Honestly, if Funchess stayed healthy Brissett is probably the qb still.  If I'm remembering my years correctly.  

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I love that you immediately came in with the exact opposite take as Scott.  I will be pleasantly surprised if the colts actually pay a stud receiver.  However, history does not point to this as Scott has stated.  I do not think it happens either.  They may pay around 12ish but not any higher.  I think Funchess was in the 8 maybe 10 range.  Ballard is a bargain hunter.  Honestly, if Funchess stayed healthy Brissett is probably the qb still.  If I'm remembering my years correctly.  

There have been people with sources that have said Ballard knows they need a starting WR and a stud pass rusher and that Ballard is looking to fill those in FA. OT will likely be filled in the draft. Irsay has also stated that this team needs weapons to catch up to the Chiefs and Bills. I think some of these players will end up having to take less money than people think because of so many teams being limited because of their cap situation which will play into Chris Ballard's hands. 

48 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I will go out on the limb and say Colts get a big name WR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

There have been people with sources that have said Ballard knows they need a starting WR and a stud pass rusher and that Ballard is looking to fill those in FA. OT will likely be filled in the draft. Irsay has also stated that this team needs weapons to catch up to the Chiefs and Bills. I think some of these players will end up having to take less money than people think because of so many teams being limited because of their cap situation which will play into Chris Ballard's hands. 

I am one that would love for them to get a stud TE.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will go out on the limb and say Colts get a big name WR

I'm a fiscally frugal guy myself....and up to this point I believe Ballard has been so smart with the $ aspect of things. With that said I think that cap number needs to be touched soon or he'll be on the unemployed line in a few years. I know they have the DL and QN contracts coming up....but he has the $ to spend. Go get a couple guys to help out a QB like Wentz is what I'm expecting. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a fiscally frugal guy myself....and up to this point I believe Ballard has been so smart with the $ aspect of things. With that said I think that cap number needs to be touched soon or he'll be on the unemployed line in a few years. I know they have the DL and QN contracts coming up....but he has the $ to spend. Go get a couple guys to help out a QB like Wentz is what I'm expecting. 

Also will have to extend Braden Smith

• Like 1