2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a fiscally frugal guy myself....and up to this point I believe Ballard has been so smart with the $ aspect of things. With that said I think that cap number needs to be touched soon or he'll be on the unemployed line in a few years. I know they have the DL and QN contracts coming up....but he has the $ to spend. Go get a couple guys to help out a QB like Wentz is what I'm expecting. 

We shall see how it plays out.  It could be worse, the Colts could be like the Bears.  LOL

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Seems like JJ Watt to the Cardinals.

Maybe just me. He's done so much off the field for charity,etc.....and I think he gets plenty benefit of the doubt but the guy has played 48 games in 5 seasons. Might be a big hit and he won't be double teamed with Chandler there....but everyone in the NFC is playing a looooooooooong game of catch up to the Bucs. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe just me. He's done so much off the field for charity,etc.....and I think he gets plenty benefit of the doubt but the guy has played 48 games in 5 seasons. Might be a big hit and he won't be double teamed with Chandler there....but everyone in the NFC is playing a looooooooooong game of catch up to the Bucs. 

I thought packers were the logical place for several reasons but I guess not

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I thought packers were the logical place for several reasons but I guess not

I think the Packers are going to lose 3-4 guys minimally this off season once free agency opens up and take a few steps back.

I thought maybe Buffalo made the most sense but Watt made it clear he wanted to go to a place where he can't be double teamed. Arizona fits that bill perfectly.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the Packers are going to lose 3-4 guys minimally this off season once free agency opens up and take a few steps back.

I thought maybe Buffalo made the most sense but Watt made it clear he wanted to go to a place where he can't be double teamed. Arizona fits that bill perfectly.

Yes but I also thought he wanted a contender. I don't think they are there. Buffalo or even Cleveland or Indy ahead of Arizona.  The weather sure is better though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Wait.  What?  The Bears pursuing Russell Wilson?

We'll see. I'd trade the next 2-3 first round picks and whatever player they want to land a guy like Wilson. If Pace is smart though though he'd call the Texans before final offer and say this is what I'm offering Seattle for Wilson...do you want same for Watson?

Regarding NFL. The term bloodbath has been thrown around often the last few days describing this week. Teams will be cutting players left and right to get under cap. 

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll see. I'd trade the next 2-3 first round picks and whatever player they want to land a guy like Wilson. If Pace is smart though though he'd call the Texans before final offer and say this is what I'm offering Seattle for Wilson...do you want same for Watson?

Regarding NFL. The term bloodbath has been thrown around often the last few days describing this week. Teams will be cutting players left and right to get under cap. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russell-wilson-trade-winds-bears-top-qb-priority-is-acquiring-seahawks-superstar-per-report/

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

What will we give? Our 2103-2106 first round picks?

😁

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

First thing first. Let's secure Wilson. Will worry about that problem later. Haha. Honestly though there are about 7-8 WR's available in free agency if Robinson goes elsewhere.

Wilson will do the Bears no good if he is surrounded by "misfits/cast-offs."

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Wilson will do the Bears no good if he is surrounded by "misfits/cast-offs."

I don't know. He played in a couple of Super Bowls throwing to Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Zach Miller. If we get Wilson....Robinson stays and we take the extra $ available and find one more WR. 

Pipe dream right now though. 

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do the Colts make a play for Kenny Golladay? 

Being almost $70M under the cap I expect Ballard to go after multiple guys in free agency. Positioned perfectly to spend while almost 85% of the league is trying to shred salaries. Golladay, Ertz, Hunter Henry...I expect them to make runs at guys like Bud Dupree as well as tackles that are available. 

• Like 1