2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think Fields and Lawrence are fantastic and I think much the same about Wilson, but... I think fit and situation for a young QB is probably the most important aspect of their career. Or at least the most underrated part. 

I know people give the Bears a hard time about drafting Trubisky (and rightfully so), but if the Bears drafted Mahomes and the Chiefs drafted Trubisky, it would be really interesting to see where their careers would be today.  They wouldn't be completely flipped, but I don't think Mahomes would be Mahomes with the Bears roster, management, and coaching.  I also think Trubisky would have been a completely different QB under Reid.  Like you said, fit is huge for QBs.

I love the NFL draft.  I have ever since undergrad days when my dorm was full of guys from other states who were really into it.  It was on weekday afternoons back then lol.  

I’m not sure if my wife is aware that the draft is tonight.  The hilarious thing is when I tried explaining the draft to her years ago.  She boiled it down to, “so you’re essentially watching a business meeting?” Lol

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Uh oh, I missed that.  Not a good day for all that to come out.  I know he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I like him.   

I really like him as well. I believe much to do about nothing but I don't think the Planned on extend him so.just maybe they make a move. Trade him to Atlanta and go get Pitts

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kodos said:

As I understand it, Denver is the most likely landing spot for Rodgers. He wants to go west, and out of the NFC, according to what I saw on another board.

I’d hate to see Denver get him after they did it with Peyton.  Get your own guy and develop him, or don’t you know how?

Edited by BobSaccamanno

2 hours ago, Kodos said:

As I understand it, Denver is the most likely landing spot for Rodgers. He wants to go west, and out of the NFC, according to what I saw on another board.

Why not swap him for Wilson? I know Wilson is younger but Seattle and him seem to also be headed to an impass. 

That said Miami has the draft capital to make it happen. Agree though he won’t be moved.

22 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Honest question, are the top 3 that great? Or is it the perception that to succeed you have to have a great QB makes them a higher priority? I really an not sure. I just know that stats say 3 of those top 5 will not work out. I am still going out on my limb all by myself and say that Mills from Stanford will be better than all but Lawrence, I think Fields is right there with those 2. Lance, Wilson and Jones will be the flops IMO

I like Jones, but agree about Lance and Wilson.

Fields will suck because the Bears drafted him. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was it me or did Fields not look excited after being drafted last night.

It's close because some of my buddies said same thing. I think it was that or possibly being ticked he fell to the 11th. Either way I'm feeling more and more better this morning. I think the biggest hurdle is just getting over the Ohio St thing....because it's 1A/1B between them and ND for who I despise most in college football.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's close because some of my buddies said same thing. I think it was that or possibly being ticked he fell to the 11th. Either way I'm feeling more and more better this morning. I think the biggest hurdle is just getting over the Ohio St thing....because it's 1A/1B between them and ND for who I despise most in college football.

Aside from Penn St 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am not sure who is the bigger diva athlete. Lebron James or Aaron Rodgers. I do know I wish Rodgers would just shut up and go away. Go host Jeopardy.

Both of the them somehow have the impression that they are always the smartest guy in the room. Neither would have a leg to stand on without their athletic talent.

Aaron Rodgers payroll hit is over $37 million. $5 million more than anybody else in the NFL.  Tom Brady's is $10.5 million. 108th in the NFL. There's a reason Green Bay doesn't win more with possibly the most talented QB in the history if the NFL. No cap space, and he's a prick to people.

Aaron Rodgers cares about Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady cares about winning. How many times has Brady restructured to make less? Tons.  Rodgers?

Lebron is a whiny baby, and my least favorite NBA player, but at least he wins. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Is anyone else tired of the fans booing everytime Goodwill comes out to the stage to announce a pick.

It's a joke now.  He had to ag them on yesterday.  They weren't even going to do it.  Friday night.  People are drinking harder tonight.  Might get a little rowdier.