2023 NFL Discussion

rico

16 hours ago, rico said:

If it means having owners who want to win. I'm all for it. New stadium wouldn't be bad either. My $ is Ryan...given he has first right. If this happens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rico said:

Why would they want to sell?  Too many greedy heirs?

Simple answer is yes. Not just greed but differing opinions for years without any real leadership across the board. I remember an interview McCaskey gave when he was aked  what's the purpose of Ted Phillips (Bears President). He said Ted watches over GM,etc....radio guy asked who is watching Ted since the Bears have had only 3 playoff wins on his 20+ year watch. McCaskey replied....I don't know. 

That in a nutshell is the Bears way. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Simple answer is yes. Not just greed but differing opinions for years without any real leadership across the board. I remember an interview McCaskey gave when he said what's the purpose of Ted Phillips (Bears President). He said Ted watches over GM,etc....radio guy asked who is watching Ted since the Bears have had only 3 playoff wins on his 20+ year watch. McCaskey replied....I don't know. 

That in a nutshell is the Bears way. 

Funny stuff there.

But I remember the "Dolts" very vividly....

• Like 1

Interesting thread on twitter about this so I'll pose the same question here for some off season chatter. If you could choose 1 retired player to play in today's game/rule changes,etc...who would you choose and who would have the biggest impact?

I'll start with Dan Marino. My man threw for 5000+ in 1984. 17 game season...I don't think 6500 yards per year is a stretch.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, Leathernecks said:

That's going to be a dangerous offense with Jones, AJ Brown and Henry.

If I was Tennessee, with Julio's injury history, I'd just sit him until the playoffs. Obviously joking when I say that...well, at least mostly joking.

It is a dangerous offense. If they can get a lead they can milk away the clock with the running game. Only issue is their defense is pretty terrible. At least now they have some weapons to come back with.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It is a dangerous offense. If they can get a lead they can milk away the clock with the running game. Only issue is their defense is pretty terrible. At least now they have some weapons to come back with.

Sounds like some of the Colts teams with Peyton. The bad defense usually came back to bite them in the playoffs.

If this was three or four years ago I think Jones would be more of an impact for them, but now I think he is just a nice addition.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hearing the Golden Tate has the Colts on a short list of teams he would like to play for. Would you take a flyer on him with the uncertainty of Paris Campbell staying healthy?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30272837/new-york-giants-bench-wr-golden-tate-outburst-usage

No thanks....too many issues and the locker room doesn't need a prima donna.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30272837/new-york-giants-bench-wr-golden-tate-outburst-usage

No thanks....too many issues and the locker room doesn't need a prima donna.

IDK. It needs another receiver IMO. If the locker room culture is so great as we are led to believe 1 bad apple should not be able to spoil the cart. Randy Moss was no saint but he did pretty well in New England. I get that TAte is not Moss but if the Colts falter it will be because they don't have enough play makers at WR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

I'm sure there's a reason for the 911 operator to handle call the way they did but that's a hard listen. I don't say the following lightly....but have always been curious about how many crimes don't happen because of the structure a season provides. 

Off season? All you have is time, money, boredom....usually leads to some poor choices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure there's a reason for the 911 operator to handle call the way they did but that's a hard listen. I don't say the following lightly....but have always been curious about how many crimes don't happen because of the structure a season provides. 

Off season? All you have is time, money, boredom....usually leads to some poor choices.

It will interesting to see how this plays out...IIRC, Sherman was always speaking about social injustice.  Now here he sits in the crosshairs of the law.

• Like 1