2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Back to the NFL:

I'm really not worried at all about Wentz. Slightly worried he doesn't have enough weapons to truly "excel". But goodness the running game should be incredible. 

Marginally worried the defense won't be as elite as last year, but that's probably just me over worrying. 

Paris Campbell will be the key IMO

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Paris Campbell will be the key IMO

Agree. He's been good when healthy. 

He's not some bust. Dude just can't catch a break. Last two full games he's played he's had 12 catches 124 yards and 4 carries 36 yards. 

Excellent production on 16 touches.  

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Agree. He's been good when healthy. 

He's not some bust. Dude just can't catch a break. Last two full games he's played he's had 12 catches 124 yards and 4 carries 36 yards. 

Excellent production on 16 touches.  

He is a game changer for sure. Hope we get to see him healthy all year. With him healthy, and the progress of Pittman TY might be the #3. That with Taylor would be a great arsenal for Wentz.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

He is a game changer for sure. Hope we get to see him healthy all year. With him healthy, and the progress of Pittman TY might be the #3. That with Taylor would be a great arsenal for Wentz.

"Great".. I would disagree. Solid and good enough to win big, yes I think so.

I'm talking from perspective of Wentz REALLY shining. We just aren't going to be that kind of team imo. 

He's going to be a really good version of Rivers. (Which is ok) .. but truthfully, you give him Mike Evans, Gronk, and that crew.. his numbers are just as good as Bradys if not better. 

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was surprised that the Colts gave up on Hooker so easily. I could see Campbell falling under the same circumstances 

For real? Hooker had two MAJOR injuries and Blackmon is legit already better. Safety isn't exactly a position thats somewhere we are going to sign someone like Hooker to a veteran contract. 

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For real? Hooker had two MAJOR injuries and Blackmon is legit already better. Safety isn't exactly a position thats somewhere we are going to sign someone like Hooker to a veteran contract. 

Hooker gave the Colts at least 2 good years. Campbell has given them nothing. 
Maybe safety isn’t the most important position. but all I know is that Henry and the guy from Jacksonville ran all over the Colts. Having a safety who can come up in the box and fill holes is not a luxury 

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hooker gave the Colts at least 2 good years. Campbell has given them nothing. 
Maybe safety isn’t the most important position. but all I know is that Henry and the guy from Jacksonville ran all over the Colts. Having a safety who can come up in the box and fill holes is not a luxury 

What does Campbell have to do with Hooker? 

Hooker isn't as good as Blackmon in the box. It's not close. 

Henry ran all over the Colts the 2nd time because the league made up a rule about players that were close contacts to allegedly positive covid tests and our best defensive player, didn't play. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What does Campbell have to do with Hooker? 

Hooker isn't as good as Blackmon in the box. It's not close. 

Henry ran all over the Colts the 2nd time because the league made up a rule about players that were close contacts to allegedly positive covid tests and our best defensive player, didn't play. 

The point was that the Colts should be patient with Campbell yet they bailed on Hooker who has been more productive than Campbell by a lot.

Maybe Blackmon is better. Maybe there are several receivers better than Campbell. Precedent with Hooker suggests that Ballard won’t be very patient with Campbell. I’m alright with that as long as he is consistent in how he manages the roster 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

The point was that the Colts should be patient with Campbell yet they bailed on Hooker who has been more productive than Campbell by a lot.

Maybe Blackmon is better. Maybe there are several receivers better than Campbell. Precedent with Hooker suggests that Ballard won’t be very patient with Campbell. I’m alright with that as long as he is consistent in how he manages the roster 

But they didn't "bail" on Hooker... he completed his rookie contract. We had no reason to resign him. Same with Parris next year... 

There's literally no reason to make this about Ballard at all lol... Campbell has infinite amounts of upside, Hooker doesn't. Hooker plays a position where we already have two better to significantly better players, Campbell doesn't. 

There are about 100 reasons Campbell is on this roster and Hooker isn't. He can get a safety any day as good as Hooker, can't just go draft 4.31 speed every day of the week. 4.31. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

But they didn't "bail" on Hooker... he completed his rookie contract. We had no reason to resign him. Same with Parris next year... 

There's literally no reason to make this about Ballard at all lol... Campbell has infinite amounts of upside, Hooker doesn't. Hooker plays a position where we already have two better to significantly better players, Campbell doesn't. 

There are about 100 reasons Campbell is on this roster and Hooker isn't. He can get a safety any day as good as Hooker, can't just go draft 4.31 speed every day of the week. 4.31. 

I like Campbell bell he can’t get on the field. I don’t think that Ballard will keep paying him for limited production. 4.31 speed is meaningless if it is sitting in the stands 

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I like Campbell bell he can’t get on the field. I don’t think that Ballard will keep paying him for limited production. 4.31 speed is meaningless if it is sitting in the stands 

I wasn't trying to talk about Campbell in the first place lol I was trying to talk about Hooker. One of very few misses Ballard's had, Hooker never panned out. 

I need to spend more time in this thread.  You guys have fun discussions.  Regarding Hooker, one thing that is telling is that no one has signed him.  He has made a few visits but no signing.  Teams have reservations about him and/or his head is in the clouds regarding the contract.  Probably both.  

IMO, he was always a fantastic safety prospect but injuries derailed him.  An achilles is still brutal to come back from. 

I think he will sign somewhere on a minimum deal and he can try to build back value.  I doubt he has any other option.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Only a clue of positions I worry about the Colts and it is WR depth and CB depth.  Also we are young at the DE position but have talent so I hope those guys play well.

I think Rhodes, Rock, Tell, Carrie, and Moore are a nice contingent of CBs. Not the greatest, but serviceable.