2023 NFL Discussion

rico

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Man, you Colts fans are spoiled after having Manning and Luck back to back haha. I'm sure you could have Trubisky for cheap. Maybe Jay Cutler wants to come out of retirement. The Bears would probably trade you the Red Rocket for a 7th round pick.

Id rather bring back Curtis Painert.  At least then we'd get the #1 pick next year. Those other guys might win a game or 2 by accident. 

On 7/30/2021 at 12:46 PM, Seeking6 said:

Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury.....anyone need to remind Ballard that Nick Foles is listed at 3rd QB on Bears depth chart?

If I were the Bears I would offer to trade the Colts Foles for a new football...assuming they take on his contract.

On second thought, the football doesn't need to be new.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If I were the Bears I would offer to trade the Colts Foles for a new football...assuming they take on his contract.

On second thought, the football doesn't need to be new.

That's the thing. Don't quote me on this but it would save the Bears $4M in cap space this year if they did. It's a win win win win for all sides of the Colts/Bears world.

• Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/austin-emerges-as-possible-relocation-spot-for-bills-amid-new-orchard-park-stadium-negotiations-per-report/

Bills on the move?

If they were to go to Texas, it could result in some reconfiguration of the AFC divisions.

• Ravens to AFC East
  • Colts to AFS North
  • Bills to AFC South

That would be a logical approach that would touch the AFC only.  A bigger restructure could involve the NFC as well.  Get Dallas out of the East, Kansas City out of the West, etc,

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/austin-emerges-as-possible-relocation-spot-for-bills-amid-new-orchard-park-stadium-negotiations-per-report/

Bills on the move?

If they were to go to Texas, it could result in some reconfiguration of the AFC divisions.

• Ravens to AFC East
  • Colts to AFS North
  • Bills to AFC South

That would be a logical approach that would touch the AFC only.  A bigger restructure could involve the NFC as well.  Get Dallas out of the East, Kansas City out of the West, etc,

Colts and Bills would just switch, I think.  

• Like 2

Carson Wentz out 5-12 weeks....which I might say is the widest variance of rehab time I've seen. If it's 5 weeks he's ready for week 1....after that Colts open with Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens which would take them to far end of rehab range.

Colts better make a move next week or week after if rehab isn't going well. Season could be unsalvageable 5 games in with those teams. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

The NFL has to look at that stuff, right?  I mean Dallas is still in the NFC East.  

Miami makes more sense in the AFC South, Baltimore in the East, and Indy in the North.

But the league wants to maintain traditional rivalries so it’s moot.

Regarding Austin, interesting idea, but UT football in town is huge.  Would they be able to spread attention to two different teams?  I smell a leverage ploy.  

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Carson Wentz out 5-12 weeks....which I might say is the widest variance of rehab time I've seen. If it's 5 weeks he's ready for week 1....after that Colts open with Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens which would take them to far end of rehab range.

Colts better make a move next week or week after if rehab isn't going well. Season could be unsalvageable 5 games in with those teams. 

Screen-Shot-2021-08-01-at-10.54.58-AM.png?w=796

Since August 2nd, 2019, the Colts' starting quarterbacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Screen-Shot-2021-08-01-at-10.54.58-AM.png?w=796

Since August 2nd, 2019, the Colts' starting quarterbacks.

As many know I'm a Bears guy first but cheer for the Colts plenty. Colts are making their best attempt at being like my Bears. Some really, really good parts (D, Run game,etc) but not the most important one either because of injury....or honestly just Luck quitting. That move alone has and will continue to set the Colts back. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As many know I'm a Bears guy first but cheer for the Colts plenty. Colts are making their best attempt at being like my Bears. Some really, really good parts (D, Run game,etc) but not the most important one either because of injury....or honestly just Luck quitting. That move alone has and will continue to set the Colts back. 

But... were any of those moves that bad? Or at the time... was there truly anyone saying "oh my God why would you ever do that?" 

Not that the Bears did that.. just saying in general. The Wentz thing is frustrating. Idk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

But... were any of those moves that bad? Or at the time... was there truly anyone saying "oh my God why would you ever do that?" 

Not that the Bears did that.. just saying in general. The Wentz thing is frustrating. Idk

Agree with you. All of the moves I'm fine with...just the results are what everyone is judged on. It's like when the Cubs signed Heyward. One of the most coveted free agents in years. The move wasn't wrong. The results are....and the results get people in trouble.

Really hoping Wentz will be ok. That schedule early on for Colts is brutal.

• Like 1