2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really disliked Tom Brady but today is his 44th birthday and I respect what he has accomplished.  To put something in perspective there are 13 head coaches in the NFL younger than Brady. Since turning 40 he was won more playoff games than 8 NFL franchises have in their history.

Yeah, that's great....but can he kick field goals like George Blanda?! 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Start of my HS teams season hasn't gone well either... 

Plus the Colts... 

Guys if IU goes through major adversity before it plays its first game, buy stock in Anneuheuser- Busch and 3 Floyd's. 

After Bears last year, IU Hoops last Spring, Cubs this summer....I need just an easy entrance into fall sports. Just hoping Penix stays healthy....I know the cupboard is deep at QB but none of them are Penix. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe I am the curse because it seems like all my teams just have bad luck.

Right now for the Colts there is no Wentz, Nelson, Kelly, Fisher and Leonard.  Right there is probably 5 of the top 6 players on the team

Feel for you.  I'm lucky in that most of the teams I rooted for last year were winners.  Dodgers, Buccaneers, Bucks, Bama Football, Baylor Basketball, the Mumbai Cricket Club, etc.   

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rico said:

Colts to bring Rivers back?

Listening to the guys on 1070 and some "insider" they had on, sounds like Rivers is more willing to come on towards the end of the season not beginning.  

It does make sense right now though with the Colts in so many ways.  He said he's not in shape but I call bull.  These guys are elite, he could be game ready in 2-3 weeks. 

Edited by NotIThatLives

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Listening to the guys on 1070 and some "insider" they had on, sounds like Rivers is more willing to come on towards the end of the season not beginning.  

It does make sense right now though with the Colts in so many ways.  He said he's not in shape bit I call bull.  To hear guys are elite, he could be game ready in 2-3 weeks. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/philip-rivers-hints-at-comeback-retired-qb-has-not-ruled-out-a-return-to-the-nfl-this-season/

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

So.. NFL going to just ignore this whole Watson thing? There's like 20 some accusers right? 

How is this not bigger headlines? 

🙄

That commissioner's list is pretty quiet. He probably won't show up on it until another 2-3 weeks if he is going to show up on it at all.

Weird part is these accuser's won't be deposed until at least February is what I read so suspending someone without due process is a pretty slippery slope. 

11 minutes ago, rico said:

They quoted all that stuff and the insider said it's way more likely Rivers would be willing to jump in last second on a playoff team in need, not at the beginning of season.  

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That commissioner's list is pretty quiet. He probably won't show up on it until another 2-3 weeks if he is going to show up on it at all.

Weird part is these accuser's won't be deposed until at least February is what I read so suspending someone without due process is a pretty slippery slope. 

We've seen precedent for this stuff though. 

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure how accurate but an NFL guy on 1070 said last week if Watson was not on the Commissioners exempt list Aug 1, he would not be. Does not feel the league would hamstring the Texans that late in the game. Said now it's  a serious PR situation for Houston.  Do you play him or sit him if you don't trade him?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure how accurate but an NFL guy on 1070 said last week if Watson was not on the Commissioners exempt list Aug 1, he would not be. Does not feel the league would hamstring the Texans that late in the game. Said now it's  a serious PR situation for Houston.  Do you play him or sit him if you don't trade him?

That's kind of what I meant in my earlier post. That list is Area 51 stuff. If he's not on it already or within next week he won't be. 

Of course the trade value is really hurt or some team could hit the home run. Take a chance for this year with understanding he could sit all next year? Take the PR hit for any team who brings him in? Tough one to balance. No doubt his ability and usually someone will overlook character flaws as long as the talent is there. I'd also say it has to be a city willing to take that on. Miami, Philly...are a couple that come to mind. Indy doesn't fit that bill.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's kind of what I meant in my earlier post. That list is Area 51 stuff. If he's not on it already or within next week he won't be. 

Of course the trade value is really hurt or some team could hit the home run. Take a chance for this year with understanding he could sit all next year? Take the PR hit for any team who brings him in? Tough one to balance. No doubt his ability and usually someone will overlook character flaws as long as the talent is there. I'd also say it has to be a city willing to take that on. Miami, Philly...are a couple that come to mind. Indy doesn't fit that bill.

I don't think I saw your post but you are correct. What is crazy and hindsight being what it is. The Colts could have easily drafted Justin Fields had they not traded for Wentz.  

• Like 1