2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I dont love the first heading, but I agree with the write up for sure. 

My first take from the QB play yesterday wouldn't have been "Eason outshines Ehlinger".... mine would have been more like "both QBs show how they can be effective" or something like that. 

Eason showed the arm. Ehlinger had some up and down throwing wise... mostly solid though, but the bottom line is... He had 34 yards rushing in a half, as a QB. Thats big time.  

They play the same position, but their uniqueness is a good thing for us. 

Love this champ!! Couldn't agree more and want to piggyback off your comments.....

Winners close games, whether its D1, D2, D3, NAIA, HS, etc...at the draft level Chris picked Sam, coupled with his ability to come back and win an NFL preseason game against players fighting for a 53-man spot is off the charts. I left the game at the beginning of the 4th because I didn't think he could pull it off and was satisfied with what Eason did in the 1st half. With or without Carson, Coach Frank walked away the winner yesterday.

13 minutes ago, B_A said:

Love this champ!! Couldn't agree more and want to piggyback off your comments.....

Winners close games, whether its D1, D2, D3, NAIA, HS, etc...at the draft level Chris picked Sam, coupled with his ability to come back and win an NFL preseason game against players fighting for a 53-man spot is off the charts. I left the game at the beginning of the 4th because I didn't think he could pull it off and was satisfied with what Eason did in the 1st half. With or without Carson, Coach Frank walked away the winner yesterday.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Eason in 4qs of the Pre Season:

31-48 315 yards OTDs O INTs 1 fumble 

He wasn't sacked in his last start in 27 dropbacks 

Wentz was back at practice today and was looking pretty good. Eason should be the clear backup but so far Reich hasn't commited to him yet. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

Wentz was back at practice today and was looking pretty good. Eason should be the clear backup but so far Reich hasn't commited to him yet. 👍

For now.. Eason looks like a little more capable Brissett. Little less mobility, escapability. Timing significantly better though. 

And again... thats for now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

It was nice to see Nelson, Kelly and Wentz back today. Colts had a rough start to training camp as far as injuries go, but they are starting to get healthy for the start of the season. I see a very good season happening for the Colts. 👍

Is Jordan Wilkins the best 4th best RB ever? Lol 

I think I understand the NFL testing policy correctly. Every 14 days for vaccinated and every day for not vaccinated? 

Call me crazy...but unless that testing policy is changed I think we are headed to many, many games missed by many players this year. Make sure you have depth on your fantasy teams guys.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Double vaccinated Ryan Tannehill tests positive....now out for several days if not longer. Testing vaccinated players every 14 days feels like self sabotage. Buckle up gang! More coming!

saw he's out 5 to 10 days depending when his next two negatives return

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Double vaccinated Ryan Tannehill tests positive....now out for several days if not longer. Testing vaccinated players every 14 days feels like self sabotage. Buckle up gang! More coming!

So stupid. Billion dollar industry and they're self destructing for no reason. 

• Like 2