2023 NFL Discussion

rico

19 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

one step forward to take two steps back always with this team lately I feel like.  This will be a long season if we maintain one of the league lowest vax rates.  

Besides the normal stuff with players my coaching friends have always stressed the #1 thing about players is are they available? I know off seasons these days are different but nothing to me suggests Wentz is going to be available all year. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Knew this day was coming. As the resident member of the Mac Jones fan club since last winter his tenure has started. Cam Newton released and the Jones party begins. 

Welp, even Dan Patrick is wrong every now and then.  Yesterday morn he saw Cam as the starter.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rico said:

Any former Hoosiers get cut?

Not today that I have seen yet, but Harry Crider was let go by the Eagles a few days ago.

Stevie Scott was cut by New Orleans previously, but someone picked him up, can't remember who.

From a few years back, Tegray Scales was cut by Pittsburgh. I think the Browns picked him up.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think up until the Cam covid misstep (along with him being non-vaccinated) was the real reason.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but no one has mentioned the studies showing natural immunity 15 times great than vaccine.  Belichick knows what he is doing.  IMO this has nothing to do with his vaccine status.  Im sure some disagree and I may be wrong but..  follow the science right?

42 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Haven't read the rest of the thread but no one has mentioned the studies showing natural immunity 15 times great than vaccine.  Belichick knows what he is doing.  IMO this has nothing to do with his vaccine status.  Im sure some disagree and I may be wrong but..  follow the science right?

The body's natural immune system is an amazing piece of work. Your body produces antibodies for the rest of your life after it has been in contact with a foreign virus etc. Your bone marrow actually slowly puts these antibodies out in your system over time just looking for these things to come back. Not sure if it means immunity or at least a strong body response. Antibody testing of those that have had Covid show that those with a healthy immune system are showing robust antibody counts 8-12 months still...much longer than what we are seeing from the "vaccines".

In this case though it does...because there are way way more rigerous protocols for teams and quarantining and contract tracing if the employee/player is not vaccinated vs vaxed. All reports were Cam was ahead of Jones and was actually looking better this year vs last. He had a minimum contract...even if he was just going to be a backup. They just didn't want to expose the team to all the restrictions unvaxed players are put under.

Edited by dgambill

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's a little better than back when the Cowboys had to switch practice facilities.  The players had smoked all the grass and snorted all the lines off the field

Some could at least claim they were winning back then...Cowboys might actually lead the league in points against this season if they didn't play in the awful NFC East.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The body's natural immune system is an amazing piece of work. Your body produces antibodies for the rest of your life after it has been in contact with a foreign virus etc. Your bone marrow actually slowly puts these antibodies out in your system over time just looking for these things to come back. Not sure if it means immunity or at least a strong body response. Antibody testing of those that have had Covid show that those with a healthy immune system are showing robust antibody counts 8-12 months still...much longer than what we are seeing from the "vaccines".

In this case though it does...because there are way way more rigerous protocols for teams and quarantining and contract tracing if the employee/player is not vaccinated vs vaxed. All reports were Cam was ahead of Jones and was actually looking better this year vs last. He had a minimum contract...even if he was just going to be a backup. They just didn't want to expose the team to all the restrictions unvaxed players are put under.

Yep.  The protocols set by the guys following the science are weeding out the vaxed and unvaxed.