2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Haven't read the story but Ballard talked about consequences for the unvaccinated players.  Don't know what the consequences will be but I am glad he is standing up to the players.  In the roster cuts I would keep players who have been vaccinated if it is close between two players.  I will be totally pissed if the Colts miss the playoffs because of some selfish players who are not good teammates who did not  get vaccinated.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Haven't read the story but Ballard talked about consequences for the unvaccinated players.  Don't know what the consequences will be but I am glad he is standing up to the players.  In the roster cuts I would keep players who have been vaccinated if it is close between two players.  I will be totally pissed if the Colts miss the playoffs because of some selfish players who are not good teammates who did not  get vaccinated.

I remember when you used to tell people they were taking things way too serious and that sports was for entertainment.  And a lot more enjoyable when you only looked at sports for entertainment. But yeah, be totally pissed about it you want.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Getting a vaccine or not getting a vaccine has nothing to do with them being selfish. Also has zero to do with them being a good teammate. 

There's about 100 things else I could say here. But yeah, terrible take by you. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He meant consequences in terms of what we see right now. AKA Wentz/Kelly/Pascal missing time on the close contact list when vaccinated players don’t have to. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Getting a vaccine or not getting a vaccine has nothing to do with them being selfish. Also has zero to do with them being a good teammate. 

There's about 100 things else I could say here. But yeah, terrible take by you. 

It is when you know the rules set up by the NFL.  Knowing being unvaccinated will cause you miss more time and still not getting it is selfish.  I also have heard plenty of commentators on the radio in Indy saying the same thing as I have said.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is when you know the rules set up by the NFL.  Knowing being unvaccinated will cause you miss more time and still not getting it is selfish.  I also have heard plenty of commentators on the radio in Indy saying the same thing as I have said.

The commentators opinion is irrelevant to me. You cannot tell someone they're selfish for not getting the shot. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That people should have a choice or a say in their own healthcare!?!? 

But yeah, no, lol you can't. 

If you have watch or read the news more and more companies are making it mandatory for employees to he vaccinated to work for them.  Also more and more colleges are making it mandatory for students and employees to be vaccinated.  Like it or not this is the situation we are in and not getting vaccinated is truly unacceptable.  

I work for Quest Diagnostics and I go into hospitals and medical facilities and the hospitals are not allowing unvaccinated workers to come in.  We had a guy refused to get vaccinated do they had to change routes around do he wouldn't have to go into hospitals.  To me that is ridiculous because others shouldn't have to pick up his slack.

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, IU Scott said:

If you have watch or read the news more and more companies are making it mandatory for employees to he vaccinated to work for them.  Also more and more colleges are making it mandatory for students and employees to be vaccinated.  Like it or not this is the situation we are in and not getting vaccinated is truly unacceptable.  

And I think all of that is wrong. 🤷‍♂️

All I've said is there should be a choice.. remember my body, my choice? Or whatever it is they spew. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

And I think all of that is wrong. 🤷‍♂️

All I've said is there should be a choice.. remember my body, my choice? Or whatever it is they spew. 

If you don't like it maybe try another country to live in and see what it is like when you truly have no rights.  China is now limiting how long kids can play video games because they are monitoring everything people do there.

Just now, dgambill said:

Oh no guys...I like everyone here but let's not do this. I know it is a very heated topic and I have very very strong opinions on it too but let's not ruin friendships and this board over this. I implore you guys to let it go.

It doesn't matter because he doesn't like me and I really don't care for him and his point of views

Can we please keep this back and forth about Covid off the football board? I know it started as a discussion about covid and the NFL, but it clearly has moved away from that. Some people actually want to talk and read about the NFL or high school football, or IU football without those threads devolving into the same discussion.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one thing we can all agree on is that @IU Scott and @btownqb will never agree on Covid vaccinations.  We're still all IU fans, can't we all just get along?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It doesn't matter because he doesn't like me and I really don't care for him and his point of views

Right, and I would guess he probably feels the same about you. Just put him on ignore, or laugh at what he says, or whatever you need to do. Both of you are valuable members of the board, and this back and forth isn't good for anybody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Can we please keep this back and forth about Covid off the football board? I know it started as a discussion about covid and the NFL, but it clearly has moved away from that. Some people actually want to talk and read about the NFL or high school football, or IU football without those threads devolving into the same discussion.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one thing we can all agree on is that @IU Scott and @btownqb will never agree on Covid vaccinations.  We're still all IU fans, can't we all just get along?

This is about the NFL and how the players not getting vaccinated can hurt their team

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'd love to talk actual sports.

He isn't going to come on here and call those individuals selfish, though. 🤷‍♂️