2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

If you can't see the difference between expressing every personal opinion on deeply divided social issues and our sports related fan issues related to IU basketball then I don't know what to tell you. I think we can be nuanced in regards to what opinions we share and discuss. I don't see a problem on one hand trying to be careful about discussing hot button political and social issues or attacking people personally for their opinions and say discussing something very relevant to a sports forum like how performance on the court or comparing and contrasting our team.  I'm not here to pick a fight so I'll just let it go. My objective in my post was to try to deesculate a disagreement....what is your objective in your post?

Yes, I realize I was the one who brought up the idea of laying off Archie, so I am to blame as well.

In saying that, I find it interesting that you feel you have the right to state your opinion and "won't be guilt tripped ", yet Scott doesn't have the same right. If you say so as far as what goes, then it goes for all situations.

If you can't see that the conversation above was not over a "divided social issue" but in context to sports, specifically team dynamics, then I don't know what to tell you. 

This is the last I am gonna say about the topic. I happen to agree with Scott 1000%. If any team has to forfeit a game due to covid and that loss costs them a spot in the playoffs, that is absolutely selfish. 

I'll say this pointedly as well...especially to anyone in a position to coach, mentor or lead young people. 

Saying that teammates should be able to make their own personal decisions about getting vaccinated--totally wrong. If you believe that, then I don't want to hear a word from you about LEO, and the "family atmosphere" that CTA has developed and is using to attract high end talent. What the hell do you think the L stands for?: Love-love of your teammates, and love for your team. Putting both ahead of yourself. How in the hell can you continue to make such inane comments about "personal choice" and then praise LEO? ICan't be both ways. Make your own decisions on what message you want to send to the young people you are supposed to be leading, the characters you are supposed to be developing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I'm not going to responded after this, because the moderators will delete everything here soon, like they should. This is a ridiculous post and can't believe anyone can be this closed minded. You and Scott should go ahead and put me on ignore also becase i am 100% with btowngb on this and the back and forth will get us all banned.

Thi is my last response to anything covid.

You go, bud, 

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yes, I realize I was the one who brought up the idea of laying off Archie, so I am to blame as well.

In saying that, I find it interesting that you feel you have the right to state your opinion and "won't be guilt tripped ", yet Scott doesn't have the same right. If you say so as far as what goes, then it goes for all situations.

If you can't see that the conversation above was not over a "divided social issue" but in context to sports, specifically team dynamics, then I don't know what to tell you. 

This is the last I am gonna say about the topic. I happen to agree with Scott 1000%. If any team has to forfeit a game due to covid and that loss costs them a spot in the playoffs, that is absolutely selfish. 

I'll say this pointedly as well...especially to anyone in a position to coach, mentor or lead young people. 

Saying that teammates should be able to make their own personal decisions about getting vaccinated--totally wrong. If you believe that, then I don't want to hear a word from you about LEO, and the "family atmosphere" that CTA has developed and is using to attract high end talent. What the hell do you think the L stands for?: Love-love of your teammates, and love for your team. Putting both ahead of yourself. How in the hell can you continue to make such inane comments about "personal choice" and then praise LEO? ICan't be both ways. Make your own decisions on what message you want to send to the young people you are supposed to be leading, the characters you are supposed to be developing.

Going to exercise that discretion I was talking about right now in my response. It is evident you are just wanting to pick a fight and I’m not biting. I’m am truely sorry for whatever is upsetting you so much. I hope it gets better. Have a good night. 

Look, life is intersectional, and we can't simply ban all COVID discussion.  That's not realistic.  

In the OT board, for those who post there more frequently, we've built up a bit of a muscle reflex on sensitive topics.  I know that I type posts and delete them sometimes.  I'd encourage others to take the same discretion.

At the end of the day, try not to view this forum to be about convincing others to think how you do.  It's not a game, you don't win any points.  Share your POV, that's fine, but if someone else doesn't agree with how you view COVID, either engage in respectful dialogue (publicly or privately) or just move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Seattle signs that Vital dude, the big guy who played hoops for Baylor.

Yeah the kid was comparing himself to Antonio Gates....I think he needs to prove himself a little more than the Seattle practice squad before he starts those comparisons lol. Didn't come off very humble in his interviews.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, dgambill said:

I'm sure a mod will clean this all up...but it wouldn't hurt if we didn't express every view we have. 

Hmmmm.  Maybe I should reconsider that thread/poll I was going to start on best hemorrhoid creams.  I guess I'll just stick with the one on the best ways to treat syphilis.   

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Have NFL Sunday Ticket this year.  I cannot be more excited.

I've looked into doing for years....maybe it's the weird part of the frugal brain for me but I've never pulled the trigger. Which actually makes no sense because if it was a $ call I'd buy it and not go out on Sunday's to watch games. Something about being out an about again with fans of all teams I guess. Enjoy your purchase!