2023 NFL Discussion

rico

I am so over hearing talk about the greatest offensive line in football, starting to believe Nelson, Kelly and company might just be the most overpaid line in history.  Save all your they were missing Fisher talk, Ballard had 2 years to find Constanzos replacement.  No threats at receiver, bad secondary play and no significant pass rush. The same old issues. If the O line issue does not solidify this week Wentz may not survive Aaron Donald and the Rams. 

With all that negatively,  I still think they will be ok but still think they need a true #1 at WR. Wentz will do so very good things if he has just a little more time

45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am so over hearing talk about the greatest offensive line in football, starting to believe Nelson, Kelly and company might just be the most overpaid line in history.  Save all your they were missing Fisher talk, Ballard had 2 years to find Constanzos replacement.  No threats at receiver, bad secondary play and no significant pass rush. The same old issues. If the O line issue does not solidify this week Wentz may not survive Aaron Donald and the Rams. 

With all that negatively,  I still think they will be ok but still think they need a true #1 at WR. Wentz will do so very good things if he has just a little more time

They needed an impact player when they had the #6 pick a few years ago. An offensive lineman isn't an impact player, no matter how much the Colts try to talk up Nelson. I'm sure they would have tried to make a bigger splash with that pick if they knew Luck was going to pull the rug out from under them about 16 months later. 

The Colts' roster is basically a collection of high floor, low-ceiling players. Good enough to possibly win the division if everyone else pulls up lame, not good enough to play deep into January against more talented teams with better skill players. 

• Like 1

The Bears averaged 4.4 yards per pass completion. That has to be near the all time record. This dink and dunk stuff is just getting so old....you bring in all this speed in the offseason to not stretch the field a few times is sickening.

Rams went vertical. Difference in the game. 

Regarding Colts. I love Ballard and really like Reich as well....but they need to start winning these types of games. I know Luck set the franchise back. I get it. They need to start winning because just like with any sport....W's is all that matters and right now the Colts don't have the luxury of easing into the season with that schedule. They won't be favored in a game until Week 5.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Unfortunately Nagy is going to be there the whole year, and its a waste for Justin to sit on the bench...

Get him some game experience at the very least...

I believe he and Pace already know that they are safe for next year otherwise there would be some urgency to play Fields to save their jobs. Thats my thought. I am guessing they have been told to bring him along slowly and your jobs are safe this year. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe he and Pace already know that they are safe for next year otherwise there would be some urgency to play Fields to save their jobs. Thats my thought. I am guessing they have been told to bring him along slowly and your jobs are safe this year. 

Well, it IS the McCaskeys, so whatever the cheapest way is is the way they will take...

I understand what you're saying, but no guarantee is going to stand up to a 4-13 finish regardless what they told Nagy at the first of the year...

One of my favorite people in sports once said, "you play to win the game."

No year in professional sports is a throw away. You're either failing, improving, or succeeding...if you're failing, changes are in order...and those changes should start with the lineup this year...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I understand what you're saying, but no guarantee is going to stand up to a 4-13 finish regardless what they told Nagy at the first of the year...

One of my favorite people in sports once said, "you play to win the game."

No year in professional sports is a throw away. You're either failing, improving, or succeeding...if you're failing, changes are in order...and those changes should start with the lineup this year...

I agree but if your boss says your job is safe just bring him along in a timely manner we will help fix the O line in the off season just don't get him killed. With this current O line are you going to play Fields. I truly believe the decision is above Pace and Nagy

We need to look no further than IU basketball to find an example of what the Bears face now.

Why couldn't Tom Crean see that Hanner Perea woulda, coulda, shoulda came right in as a freshman and pushed Christian Watford to the bench?  I mean, virtually every IU fan knew that was the right thing to do. 

Perea was ready from day one.  Why couldn't Crean see that?

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but if your boss says your job is safe just bring him along in a timely manner we will help fix the O line in the off season just don't get him killed. With this current O line are you going to play Fields. I truly believe the decision is above Pace and Nagy

Well, when the much less mobile Dalton gets killed by the porous offensive line, then I guess your hand is forced...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A short history of Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields 

Amazing how a bad choice (Fields going to UGA) derailed the conversation, but he's always been thought of as on par with Lawrence...

I think his advantage lies in the mobility, like Kylar Murray or Lamar Jackson...

I like Fields better and really wanted the Colts to go after him. If Rivers had stayed 1 moe year I believe Fields would be a Colt

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I like Fields better and really wanted the Colts to go after him. If Rivers had stayed 1 moe year I believe Fields would be a Colt

Hey! You guys have had 2 HoFers (Unitas, Manning) and 2 that might have been (Bert Jones, Andrew Luck) if not for injury since our last one (Sid Luckman for Christ sakes)...

It's about time the blind squirrel (which describes Bears management over the years to a tee) find the nut! 😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Hey! You guys have had 2 HoFers (Unitas, Manning) and 2 that might have been (Bert Jones, Andrew Luck) if not for injury since our last one (Sid Luckman for Christ sakes)...

It's about time the blind squirrel (which describes Bears management over the years to a tee) find the nut! 😉

What might have been with Elway also....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

They aren't safe. I feel comfortable enough saying this on here without it getting out there. Nagy is  mocked inside Halas Hall. Kmet's Dad has some loose lips is all I'll say. After last night people are realizing Mitch wasn't the problem, Dalton wasn't the problem....play calling from a guy who thinks he's the smartest guy on the field is the problem. 

If anything I think the Bears will regret not moving on from those 2 clowns (Pace and Nagy) last year....but short of some miracle run they will move on. One name to keep an eye on as the season progresses is Ken Dorsey. What he did with Josh Allen in one year is incredible. That's the kind of guy I want around Fields in some capacity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They aren't safe. I feel comfortable enough saying this on here without it getting out there. Nagy is  mocked inside Halas Hall. Kmet's Dad has some loose lips is all I'll say. After last night people are realizing Mitch wasn't the problem, Dalton wasn't the problem....play calling from a guy who thinks he's the smartest guy on the field is the problem. 

If anything I think the Bears will regret not moving on from those 2 clowns (Pace and Nagy) last year....but short of some miracle run they will move on. One name to keep an eye on as the season progresses is Ken Dorsey. What he did with Josh Allen in one year is incredible. That's the kind of guy I want around Fields in some capacity.

I believe your position much more so that what I was hearing but it did make sense that they are safe and it all seemed plausible to me. I think both are a joke for sure and think the Colts dodged a huge bullet with Nagy. With that being said if Frank does not do something soon I may regret saying that.

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

I only got to watch the first half of the Colts because I had to work yesterday.  I have not really been a fan of Reich because he doesn't try to throw the ball down field.  The Colts longest play was 24 yards and Seattle had 5 plays longer than that.  I also thinks he should give up the play calling and worry about being a HC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe your position much more so that what I was hearing but it did make sense that they are safe and it all seemed plausible to me. I think both are a joke for sure and think the Gods dodged a huge bullet with Nagy. With that being said if Frank does not do something soon I may regret saying that.

They'll be around this year for sure. Mrs McCaskey for some reason really likes Pace....but with all the talk about ownership, potential sale, new stadium it's time for a clean break from them.

I like Frank plenty but again this is the NFL. You win or you get replaced. Colts need to start doing the prior. 

• Like 2