2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I only got to watch the first half of the Colts because I had to work yesterday.  I have not really been a fan of Reich because he doesn't try to throw the ball down field.  The Colts longest play was 24 yards and Seattle had 5 plays longer than that.  I also thinks he should give up the play calling and worry about being a HC.

I am just not convinced that they have any explosive play makers. Campbell should be, there is no Lockett or Metcalf on this roster. They should have went all in on An Alan Robinson or someone of that caliber

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am just not convinced that they have any explosive play makers. Campbell should be, there is no Lockett or Metcalf on this roster. They should have went all in on An Alan Robinson or someone of that caliber

To me Reich is better suited to be a QB coach because he does well getting the QB to play well.  I just don't like his game management and I think he over thinks things.  He goes for it on 4th down to much and it cost us some points.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If Elway had played for the Colts they probably have never had never moved to Indy

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe your position much more so that what I was hearing but it did make sense that they are safe and it all seemed plausible to me. I think both are a joke for sure and think the Colts dodged a huge bullet with Nagy. With that being said if Frank does not do something soon I may regret saying that.

If you believe that Elway's signing would have driven Irsay's request for upgrades to Memorial Stadium or a new stadium in Baltimore to success, then you may be right...

But Irsay had been after those 2 things since 1976-77 when the Colts made the playoffs (made them in 77-78 too) with a budding superstar in Bert Jones...and the city of Baltimore didn't cave then...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but if your boss says your job is safe just bring him along in a timely manner we will help fix the O line in the off season just don't get him killed. With this current O line are you going to play Fields. I truly believe the decision is above Pace and Nagy

If you believe an owner won't fire you in professional sports based on what he says then I think you are in the wrong career. You better win. Owners are the most fickled and unpredicatable people in professional sports....and the most subject to listening to fan reactions. Sure you do what is best for the team long term...but if you think you are the right person to lead it....then you better think this year as well...especially after what you've produced so far.

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Have you seen pictures of him? He looks terrible...

Maybe dating other divas is more taxing than we think...

I like to tip a few during games trust me....but unless that was a bad video feed or whatever my man hasn't been doing much health stuff this summer. His face looked like that episode in Seinfeld where Kramer starts smoking and ages 20 years in a couple months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like to tip a few during games trust me....but unless that was a bad video feed or whatever my man hasn't been doing much health stuff this summer. His face looked like that episode in Seinfeld where Kramer starts smoking and ages 20 years in a couple months.

Looks like an emaciated samurai... 

Screenshot_20210913-135342.thumb.png.5a327533d74d62cedcc085f4cea20c61.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw a couple clips of the Packers postgame interviews and Rogers and Lafleur are about the same age, and Rogers looked about 10 years older then the coach. 

• Like 2

There's a big reason Brady has won 6 more championships than Rodgers. Brady does anything he can to win (including taking less money). Rodgers does anything he can to help himself.

I'm shocked that an aging QB who spent the offseason auditioning to host a game show, trying to squeeze more money from his team, trying to get traded, and who didn’t show up to any offseason workouts sucked yesterday. Who would have guessed?

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

There's a big reason Brady has won 6 more championships than Rodgers. Brady does anything he can to win (including taking less money). Rodgers does anything he can to help himself.

I'm shocked that an aging QB who spent the offseason auditioning to host a game show, trying to squeeze more money from his team, trying to get traded, and who didn’t show up to any offseason workouts sucked yesterday. Who would have guessed?

FB_IMG_1631564817780.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:12 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Hey Aaron Rodgers let me spell this out for you. K-A-R-M-A 

I do expect him to take it out on the Lions, bet the Packers big time next week

Man is it just me but does Aaron Rodgers look old and worn out any more? He looks a lot older then he is.

Oops read up on some of the last couple of post and evidently it is not just me that thinks that lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If you believe that Elway's signing would have driven Irsay's request for upgrades to Memorial Stadium or a new stadium in Baltimore to success, then you may be right...

But Irsay had been after those 2 things since 1976-77 when the Colts made the playoffs (made them in 77-78 too) with a budding superstar in Bert Jones...and the city of Baltimore didn't cave then...

Before Roger Craig there was Lydell Mitchell...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Before Roger Craig there was Lydell Mitchell...

Lydell's back field mate at Penn State was no slouch either...

Penn State always produced quality running backs (except Bears draft pick Curtis Enis, of course) but the only QB that I can think of from the Nittany Lions that had even a modicum of success in the NFL is Kerry Collins...

Surprising when you look at the QBs that have historically come out of Pennsylvania...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Lydell's back field mate at Penn State was no slouch either...

Penn State always produced quality running backs (except Bears draft pick Curtis Enis, of course) but the only QB that I can think of from the Nittany Lions that had even a modicum of success in the NFL is Kerry Collins...

Surprising when you look at the QBs that have historically come out of Pennsylvania...

Yeah, the Bengals drafted one of those quality PSU backs.  But he blew out his knee the first or second time he got the ball, of course, and that, as they say, was that.  No big time NFL career for Kijana Carter

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Danica Patrick got the best of Mr Rodgers

Rodgers must be mentally unstable.  The reports of his family tiffs, the constant drama around all his girlfriends.  Now he's suddenly engaged to a much younger actress gal.  Its exhausting to watch, can't imagine living that life.  No wonder he looks like shyte.  He has brought it upon himself.  He got on field redemption last year, looks like he may still need off field redemption.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Rodgers must be mentally unstable.  The reports of his family tiffs, the constant drama around all his girlfriends.  Now he's suddenly engaged to a much younger actress gal.  Its exhausting to watch, can't imagine living that life.  No wonder he looks like shyte.  He has brought it upon himself.  He got on field redemption last year, looks like he may still need off field redemption.  

I brought up earlier about him having a mid-life crisis perhaps.  But it definitely sounds like he has major relationship problems with his girlfriends, immediate family, and his employer.  

Not that I am a Packer fan in the least, but I hate when sports legends lives spiral out of control.  And to this independent observer, that is how it appears.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rico said:

I brought up earlier about him having a mid-life crisis perhaps.  But it definitely sounds like he has major relationship problems with his girlfriends, immediate family, and his employer.  

Not that I am a Packer fan in the least, but I hate when sports legends lives spiral out of control.  And to this independent observer, that is how it appears.

Oh, I forgot to mention the issues he has at Green Bay.  Thanks for pilling on the guy, haha.  

• Haha 1

Let me start by saying that I really like Chris Ballard and think he's gotten some really good players but I don't think that he is this great GM that the media makes him out to be. He's got flaws on this Colts roster that he has neglected for a couple of years now and refuses to do anything about it. 

• Like 1