2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Let me start by saying that I really like Chris Ballard and think he's gotten some really good players but I don't think that he is this great GM that the media makes him out to be. He's got flaws on this Colts roster that he has neglected for a couple of years now and refuses to do anything about it. 

meh

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I stayed up for it. Lots of question marks for those 2 teams...or maybe WFT isn't ready to take the leap I thought they would take this year. That Lawrence guy for Giants is going to have a long, long week....no clue what he was thinking there.

The Giants couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot. Penalty on the long TD run, dropped TD pass, offsides penalty on the FG. I also hated their calls after the interception. With touchbacks going to the 25, and kickers consistently hitting from 50+, you have to assume getting a 1 or 2 point lead with 2 minutes left is going to be a loss.

• Like 1

I'll throw this in here because it's kind of NFL related. For those that don't know Colts owner Jim Irsay gives away tens of thousands of $ each week on twitter contests. Welp after years of entering I finally won. Going to take a group of disadvantaged East Indy area men/women to a great meal down the road.

I also chose His Place Eatery at 30th and Shadeland because owner is Caleb Jones (IU Tackle) parents....wanted to help out IU or him too. 

I know Irsay gets some heat on stuff but his philanthropy is unmatched in NFL owners world. Indy is lucky to have him and his daughters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll throw this in here because it's kind of NFL related. For those that don't know Colts owner Jim Irsay gives away tens of thousands of $ each week on twitter contests. Welp after years of entering I finally won. Going to take a group of disadvantaged East Indy area men/women to a great meal down the road.

I also chose His Place Eatery at 30th and Shadeland because owner is Caleb Jones (IU Tackle) parents....wanted to help out IU or him too. 

I know Irsay gets some heat on stuff but his philanthropy is unmatched in NFL owners world. Indy is lucky to have him and his daughters.

Congratulations and that's awesome.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sweet!

...and btw I think Jim is a fantastic owner.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Love it.  Kudos for the great deed. 

• Like 2