2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Check this stat out. Henry was hit within 1 yard or behind line of scrimmage on 26 of his 35 carries yesterday. 160 of his 182 yards were made after contact. Wow.

That's impressive...he's a big dude... love to watch him run...

Best finisher through contact I ever saw wasn't even a running back...it was HoF TE John Mackey of the Colts...He was a bulldozer...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's impressive...he's a big dude... love to watch him run...

Best finisher through contact I ever saw wasn't even a running back...it was HoF TE John Mackey of the Colts...He was a bulldozer...

Didn't know him or see him play but quick search of him.....interesting end to his playing career for sure. Demanding trade, being put on retirement list....waivers,etc...glad to know the pettiness of the owners isn't a new thing. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

I am liking the Bears' chances for the play-offs.

I see the good stuff made it's way up North? I hope so I really do but transition year on field....and we need someone besides Nagy calling plays because there was zero difference in approach with Dalton and Fields....and as we all know. They aren't twins. 

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I see the good stuff made it's way up North? I hope so I really do but transition year on field....and we need someone besides Nagy calling plays because there was zero difference in approach with Dalton and Fields....and as we all know. They aren't twins. 

Bro, my "good stuff" comes from the North!  LOL

Transition year or not, I think the Bears can get in.  I am gonna break out my Urlacher jersey.

Bear down...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I have Payton, Anthony Thomas (The A Train!) and Julius Peppers myself...

Payton, Singletary, Dent, and Fencik....and I bought 2 Fake NFL jerseys that looked real out of guys trunk in Chicago for $20 each with Hester on both. One for me and another Canes brethren. After that I haven't bought a jersey in years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Will Urban make it through his entire 1st season with the Jags?  Is there another "health issue" around the corner?  

How soon before he's calling the USC AD daily? 

He's clearly not fit for this. Poor Trevor Lawrence should have pulled an Elway/Eli and refused to go to Jacksonville. Would anyone have blamed him?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

How soon before he's calling the USC AD daily? 

He's clearly not fit for this. Poor Trevor Lawrence should have pulled an Elway/Eli and refused to go to Jacksonville. Would anyone have blamed him?

LOL.

We will see how his ego holds up.  And yeah, Trevor could have gotten out of this situation.

I just wish the world's greatest offensive line didn't suck as bad as they do. No one on offense or defensive living up to their new contracts. Maybe the Colts have become fat and happy. Took me a couple days to think about the game and 2 thoughts prevail. PLEASE TELL FRANK ITS OK TO OCCASSIONALLY KICK A FG INSIDE THE 10. He did not learn against the Bills. Secondly  O line get 2 flipping yards at the goalline. Occurring to our local media and the GM if Jesus returned he would have a hard time getting a starting spot on the greatest line of all time. Suck it up and make a play.  I am so over hearing how great they are show someone please. Rant over Go Colts 

30 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just wish the world's greatest offensive line didn't suck as bad as they do. No one on offense or defensive living up to their new contracts. Maybe the Colts have become fat and happy. Took me a couple days to think about the game and 2 thoughts prevail. PLEASE TELL FRANK ITS OK TO OCCASSIONALLY KICK A FG INSIDE THE 10. He did not learn against the Bills. Secondly  O line get 2 flipping yards at the goalline. Occurring to our local media and the GM if Jesus returned he would have a hard time getting a starting spot on the greatest line of all time. Suck it up and make a play.  I am so over hearing how great they are show someone please. Rant over Go Colts 

Smith was out and Fisher was limited and played half the snaps leading to Davenport getting a ton of playing time and he can't block a statue. The O-line has good depth on the interior with Reed and Pinter but not at tackle. That said the O-line hasn't been as good the last couple years since Chris Strausser was hired. They've been good but not great. Last year was a product of Rivers quick release. Reich is also not a good play caller. He really needs to find an OC to hand that over to but he'll never do that. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am wondering if Wentz has to miss a couple not games and we lose both of them.  The question is do you sit him a couple more games so he doesn't reach the snap counts to move the draft pick from a first to a second round pick

Colts won't hold him out for that unless an injury occurs late in the season and the Colts are out of the playoffs. If there is any chance of making the playoffs he'll be playing. 

21 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Smith was out and Fisher was limited and played half the snaps leading to Davenport getting a ton of playing time and he can't block a statue. The O-line has good depth on the interior with Reed and Pinter but not at tackle. That said the O-line hasn't been as good the last couple years since Chris Strausser was hired. They've been good but not great. Last year was a product of Rivers quick release. Reich is also not a good play caller. He really needs to find an OC to hand that over to but he'll never do that. 

Just my opinion.Rivers made them look a lot better than they really were last year. When you put that much money into your O line the results need to be much much better. They are just not living up to expectations.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just my opinion.Rivers made them look a lot better than they really were last year. When you put that much money into your O line the results need to be much much better. They are just not living up to expectations.

I agree but when you have a turn style playing tackle the O-line isn't going to look very good. Until all 5 starters are on the field it's going to be hard to tell how good or bad the group really is. That said Davenport shouldn't see the field again. If a tackle is out use someone else. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, DC2345 said:

Let me start by saying that I really like Chris Ballard and think he's gotten some really good players but I don't think that he is this great GM that the media makes him out to be. He's got flaws on this Colts roster that he has neglected for a couple of years now and refuses to do anything about it. 

Ballard is an upgrade over Grigson, is he a top 10 GM in our league yes IMO but from high praise that every is stating he should be doing better overall.  BUT the talent he has missed on are positions that you just can't miss.  Campbell(Ballard) vs Dorsett(Grigson) is one example.  Rock Ya-Sin(Ballard) is another that is big miss.  Turray along D-line is another.