2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I wonder with Andy Reid's health, age and family issues if Bieniemy is waiting out Reid for the Chiefs job? Reid has been coaching a long time and hasn't indicated a retirement coming, but maybe there have been internal talks? It is interesting that Bieniemy has been the hottest name for a couple of offseasons but hasn't seemed to even interview for a ton of jobs. 

Well....it sure won't be Andy's kid taking over lol. I think that's a good bet. Kind of like the McDaniels situation in NE.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Zac Taylor can't possibly survive the year if this team only wins 5-6 games.  

No offense but why do you want him gone? The team is VERY VERY YOUNG. The OL is pretty bad but not as bad as last year. Callahan seems to be doing a good job play calling. I know they aren't SB contenders but that's a team that is getting better. Just need to get better in the trenches. I don't get too concerned about Thursday Night games...weird stuff happens in those.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No offense but why do you want him gone? The team is VERY VERY YOUNG. The OL is pretty bad but not as bad as last year. Callahan seems to be doing a good job play calling. I know they aren't SB contenders but that's a team that is getting better. Just need to get better in the trenches. I don't get too concerned about Thursday Night games...weird stuff happens in those.

My post did not say I wanted him gone.  My post said I cant imagine him surviving if they only win 5-6 games this year.  Let's  say he wins 5.  His 3 year record would be one of the worst in NFL history for a coach in his first job.  Guys with that kind of record dont last.  This isn't a proven coach taking over a long term rebuild.  If he finishes around .500, he's safe.  If he falls well short of that, his seat is on fire.

Just now, 5fouls said:

My post did not say I wanted him gone.  My post said I cant imagine him surviving if they only win 5-6 games this year.  Let's  say he wins 5.  His 3 year record would be one of the worst in NFL history for a coach in his first job.  Guys with that kind of record dont last.  This isn't a proven coach taking over a long term rebuild.  If he finishes around .500, he's safe.  If he falls well short of that, his seat is on fire.

I don't think so. Cincy doesn't have a history of firing coaches. Lewis coached a ton of bad teams and he lasted forever. It's an easy schedule so I guess I see your point...but I look at the product and if it is improving and is the team responding to him. Record doesn't mean everything....although it does mean something. 0-3 Detroit is vastly different than 0-3 Colts. I think Cincy is realistic on what kind of roster they gave him. Things look good and he is very competitive. I think they win more than 5 but even with just 5 the team seems to respond to him well and have been improving. I mean they were just completely torn apart and rebuilt from ground up. Going to take some time.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't think so. Cincy doesn't have a history of firing coaches. Lewis coached a ton of bad teams and he lasted forever. It's an easy schedule so I guess I see your point...but I look at the product and if it is improving and is the team responding to him. Record doesn't mean everything....although it does mean something. 0-3 Detroit is vastly different than 0-3 Colts. I think Cincy is realistic on what kind of roster they gave him. Things look good and he is very competitive. I think they win more than 5 but even with just 5 the team seems to respond to him well and have been improving. I mean they were just completely torn apart and rebuilt from ground up. Going to take some time.

Burrow is the real deal.  And, as a plus, he seems to really want to be there.  Whatever else they do, they have to take care of Burrow. O-line upgrades are required and need to be made every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Burrow is the real deal.  And, as a plus, he seems to really want to be there.  Whatever else they do, they have to take care of Burrow. O-line upgrades are required and need to be made every year.

He has tons of weapons. Solid running game, great receivers, solid TE. The defense isn't terrible. Secondary seems ok. They really need to invest in the OL but I think they are a couple years away from winning that division if they stay on this path.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:44 AM, dgambill said:

I don't think so. Cincy doesn't have a history of firing coaches. Lewis coached a ton of bad teams and he lasted forever. 

Lewis won more than he lost.  Lewis took over a 2-14 team and proceeded to go 8-8, 8-8, and 11-5 in his first 3 years.  Taylor needs to be more like Lewis and less like Shula.

For the Bears brethren. Kurt Warner does a recap called Study Ball on Youtube (assuming just google Kurt Warner/Just Fields recap). Really good breakdown of things Warner saw and how he said some of the plays were just poorly executed by Fields and others....not the scheme.

Anyway I love watching stuff like so I can prep for today. PS. We don't win today. Nagy has to be done. 

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Bears brethren. Kurt Warner does a recap called Study Ball on Youtube (assuming just google Kurt Warner/Just Fields recap). Really good breakdown of things Warner saw and how he said some of the plays were just poorly executed by Fields and others....not the scheme.

Anyway I love watching stuff like so I can prep for today. PS. We don't win today. Nagy has to be done. 

I just hope for Bears fans, and that includes me, that Fields turns out to be a franchise QB.  

• Like 2

To me a lot of teams in the NFL is to vanilla on offense.  I missed the days of seeing guys like Bradshaw and Staubach throwing deep passed on a regular base.  Instead today teams are to afraid to make mistakes they just dink and dunk

Edited by IU Scott

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me a lot of teams in the NFL is to vanilla on offense.  I missed the days of seeing guys like Bradshaw and Staubach throwing deep passed on a regular base.  Instead today teams are to afraid to make mistakes they just dink and dunk

I am so tired of seeing 3 and 4 yard passes

Welcome to the NFL...

You'd have loved the old AFL in the 60s...

Edited by IUFLA