2023 NFL Discussion

rico

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I understand your first part....but don't use player safety as the main reason like Fangio. Whenever coaches come out like this I immediately go back to Gerry Faust's last game when the Canes lit them up 58-7 and the ND press corp, AD,etc.....all came crying about running up the score. 

I'll always be on the side of if you don't like it...stop them from doing it. 

Yeah...I get it. But I've never seen the offense in the NFL run a play there with 3 seconds or whatever up by two scores. Most defenses aren't even ready for a play as that's a kneel down and shake hands sort of thing and I could see it catching people off guard and getting someone hurt. I've seen almost every team with 2 mins try to score down only two scores and try the onside thing. I also don't think too highly of people crying to the media how hurt they are. Especially someone been around the league as long as Vic. Did I think it was pretty classless to run a play...yep...did I think Vic sounded like a sore loser....yep. No winners on this one in my opinion.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:54 AM, Seeking6 said:

I've always been in the if you don't like it category stop them....and if Fangio wants to cry about player safety don't be running plays down 16 with 15 seconds left. Team Raven here.

I believe the Michael Irvin quote was "if you don't want to see us dance, don't let us score" 

😂 gold 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/4/2021 at 9:54 PM, TheWatShot said:

"No Fun League" is trending on Twitter. Apparently someone on the Raiders spiked the ball and got flagged for taunting. 

It's just amazing how football officials are being trained to over-think, over-analyze and try to see things that aren't there. 

Agree the over the top officiating is getting kind of dumb. I watched the game live and while I don't think he was trying to do it to taunt he did spike it right at the other teams feet...first I thought it hit them and bounced off....watching closer it just went past them. Still over the top but it seems the nfl looks for this stuff to make a point of emphasis to cool player heads and stop any beef before it starts. I say let them play...if it get's heated oh well...it's football emotions are going to run hot in a rivalry game.....however I've seen far less get a penalty so it isn't the worst call ever.

23 hours ago, rico said:

Got me to think...are there still tie breakers in place where points are involved.

There is....but it's so far down the list of what would break a tie breaker it is just a moot point really. I'd say the Broncos were still trying to win. 16 is two tds. A score, onside and another td. Certainly happened in the NFL. Running a play when you are up two scores and a kneel ends the game I've honestly not seen this before. I'll keep it in the back of my mind for what happens to the Ravens when they are in the opposite position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

There is....but it's so far down the list of what would break a tie breaker it is just a moot point really. I'd say the Broncos were still trying to win. 16 is two tds. A score, onside and another td. Certainly happened in the NFL. Running a play when you are up two scores and a kneel ends the game I've honestly not seen this before. I'll keep it in the back of my mind for what happens to the Ravens when they are in the opposite position.

Back in the day points were huge.  Teams ran up scores all the time for playoff implications.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, the updates on my laptop come through about 20 seconds before I see the play on TV.  Don't like that at all.  Gonna have to stay away from anything that has game updates.  

Definitely have to pick your lane and stay in it. Between local football on TV, Bears on radio (delayed), and Redzone on desktop even more delayed...I was testing the ADD Gods last weekend.

I'm going a different route this weekend. Watching game on TV and closing up laptop/desktop....will just check fantasy on my phone every once in awhile.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Definitely have to pick your lane and stay in it. Between local football on TV, Bears on radio (delayed), and Redzone on desktop even more delayed...I was testing the ADD Gods last weekend.

I'm going a different route this weekend. Watching game on TV and closing up laptop/desktop....will just check fantasy on my phone every once in awhile.

On the second Seattle touchdown last night, they were literally still in the huddle on my TV when the score updated on my laptop.  And. it's not like they were at the 1 yard line so it would be something you would expect.  I think they were on about the 25.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

So i wonder what will happen with this and if something should even happen? 

Report - Jon Gruden used racially insensitive language in referring to NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith in 2011 email (espn.com)

Personally in my opinion he apologized so move on.

You know what I garnered from that article?  That they spelled Michelin wrong.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Russell Wilson to miss 6 to 8 weeks. Wonder if they are out of the playoff hunt if he sits out the rest of the year and has played his last game in Seattle?

Big loss to the 'Hawks.  I say it puts them squarely behind the 8-ball for the playoffs.  

The media can be so ridiculous sometimes. I'm watching a pregame sit-down interview with Erin Andrews and Zeke Elliot, and Andrews says "with Tom Brady, the NFC West and other NFC teams, do you feel like those teams are stealing the headlines and not enough people are talking about the Cowboys?"

Is she serious? All people ever talk about is the Cowboys. The Cowboys could be 3-13 and ESPN, Fox, etc would still be doing segments dedicated to them. 

Sorry, just an Eagles fan venting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Bears. 💪😎🍻

Justin Fields learning the QB position while winning says something...

I just hope the numbers get better...so far, they're following the Bears recipe for success (when they've HAD success) I've seen for the 58 years I've been a fan...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Justin Fields learning the QB position while winning says something...

I just hope the numbers get better...so far, they're following the Bears recipe for success (when they've HAD success) I've seen for the 58 years I've been a fan...

Learning while winning is something I'll take all day long. I'll complain about our passing game tomorrow....haha. Run game is solid. Defense is playing great...and Roquan is putting together an All Pro season so far and know even knows who he is.