2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just saw this stat on twitter for those who choose to throw $ on games. I do fantasy only. Never bet on games.

Mahomes is 3-13 against the spread in his last 16 games. Brady is now 0-11 against the spread in primetime games. Kind of throws the whole don't bet against Mahomes/Brady narrative out the window.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Saw an interesting stat on Mahomes. First let me preface it with I agree with the sentiment that the league is catching up to the Chiefs, not necessarily Mahomes. Mahomes is an absolute stud, but it's incredibly hard to win in the NFL, and his salary is going to impact their roster construction. 

Anyways, the stats are that Patrick Mahomes in his NFL career to-date is 0-0 in Wildcard games and 0-0 in road playoff games. Outside of Super Bowls, Mahomes has never played in a playoff game outside of Arrowhead Stadium and he's never played in the playoffs before the Divisional Round. 

It looks like the Chiefs will face both situations this year, so it will be interesting to see how he does in a not so comfortable environment at playoff time. 

Good stuff.  Marinoesque/Dolphin like to me...sort of.

Edited by rico

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

If the Colts pick moves to a 1st rounder, the Eagles will have 3 first round picks and as of today all 3 are slotted in the top 10. Of course a lot can change, but that's where we stand right now. 

Agree on everything you said about Hurts and the Eagles coach. Hurts is ok, and he's a great leader/teammate, but unless he improves a ton we're not looking at the next Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott here. I'm interested in seeing how he progresses this season, but I don't think he is the answer. 

Well said. Think you are spot on. I don’t mean to be hard on the guy because everything I’ve heard he is a fabulous guy…but yeah I don’t see him being the answer. He gives me a Tyrod Taylor/Jacoby Brissett type of vibe. Great teammate, great guy to spot start, but I don’t see him leading you to playoffs much less a SB. I see both him and Sirianni as place holders for you guys to bring in a veteran coach and a stud rookie. Yeah you are in a great spot draft wise. Get a qb and some OL/DL help and things will come around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Anybody having tea and crumpets?  I am warming up to these London games.

Love it! I have family on the West Coast and I love Sunday's out there. You watch the 1pm ET games over breakfast and you're not up until midnight or later watching the Sunday night games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Terrible call against Dallas.  Dak had half his body over the goal line on a sneak and they ruled him down.  Then he fumbled on the next play.  

I walked in from Bears game after having a couple and thought have his torso was across the line....how was he not in? I love Cowboys having problems but not if it benefits New England. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I walked in from Bears game after having a couple and thought have his torso was across the line....how was he not in? I love Cowboys having problems but not if it benefits New England. 

It cost me 8 points in fantasy.  Not getting the TD and then losing the fumble.  

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My best guess is the refs remembered they were in New England and forgot that Brady no longer plays for the Pats. 

• Like 1

So, let me get this straight. 

The Browns are missing both of their starting tackles. They also are missing one of the best backs in the game. Last week, they scored 42 only to have their defense give up 47. This week, their defense again gave up way too many points to have a chance to win. 

And the talk is replace the qb?

Crazy fan base with unrealistic expectations. If they can get to full health, then judge the situation. Not now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, let me get this straight. 

The Browns are missing both of their starting tackles. They also are missing one of the best backs in the game. Last week, they scored 42 only to have their defense give up 47. This week, their defense again gave up way too many points to have a chance to win. 

And the talk is replace the qb?

Crazy fan base with unrealistic expectations. If they can get to full health, then judge the situation. Not now.

Such is the world we live in.  But to be fair, these grumblings were going on last year as well.  

9 hours ago, rico said:

How long before the Browns look for a different QB?

When the eviction notice has run it's course...since he lives there an all from what I gather.

Not sure what the answer will be since they will draft outside the top 10 likely but he just isn't the answer long term. They need to do what the Rams did and swap him but I'm not sure who would take on that salary....32 million a year for that!! As Darnold is showing for Carolina....2nd chances aren't anymore likely to work....best to get a stud in the draft.