2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Whether it's the curse of deflatgate or curse of cutting Peyton Manning there is no doubt this franchise is snake bitten

It's the curse of Manning. I'm convinced the Colts will continue to struggle until Peyton is back in the organization in some capacity or the team finds a way to draft Arch Manning lol 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen. 

I don't know about that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a president of football operations/part owner on down the road. It's been discussed in the past and if Ballard doesn't get things figured out in the next 3 years I fully expect Irsay to have the discussions with Manning again

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

I don't know about that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a president of football operations/part owner on down the road. It's been discussed in the past and if Ballard doesn't get things figured out in the next 3 years I fully expect Irsay to have the discussions with Manning again

I see ownership in his future and I don't see Irsay giving any of that up. I would love that

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I see ownership in his future and I don't see Irsay giving any of that up. I would love that

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He's offered it before but Manning wasn't ready to do it yet

Saints succession plan isn't as clear as Colts. I don't think Gayle Benson has any children so if/when she passes away that team could be up for grabs.

Broncos have wanted Peyton too....but Elway seems to muddy those waters up with who is in control. If I were betting I'd say a team like the Saints and of course the Titans can't be ruled out.

• Like 1

Hearing the Deshaun Watson "sweepstakes" are heating up.  Rumors are that Miami could get him as soon as this week.  Also hearing that the Eagles, Panthers, and Saints are highly interested.

Now what exactly is gonna happen when Watson finds himself with a new team?  Does the NFL suspend him?  Do the criminal charges get "dismissed" due to settlements?  Will Deshaun receive a lifetime ban from every massage parlor in the U.S.?  

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

He should. Win or lose...they've got something there. Add a couple more pieces and they'll replace Steelers and pass up Browns in next year. 2 tops.

The Bengals got a lot of flack for drafting Chase instead of Sewell, but man, that offense is going to be dangerous. Chase is going to be close to leading the league in receiving yards after this week.

They really need to get better on the OL, but that's a lot easier to do than to find a game changing WR.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Could it be that they are?   I keep hearing how bad their D is and well, Mahomes can't always do it by himself.  He could be pressing just a bit.

Their defense has been crap and Mahomes since week 14 of last season has led the league in interceptions, he has 9 already this season. All those trick throws he has lived off of have went away and the o-line isn't helping any.

Edited by Hoosier51