2023 NFL Discussion

rico

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't....the have been playing the best football of any team in the league lately. I wish we would have played them week 1. They've beaten Rams, KC, Bills, Colts x2, and Seahawks with Wilson.

I do, playing them a 3rd time means seeing them in the play-offs.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rico said:

I see the Bengals' HC has developed a strain of the dreaded Frank Reich 4th down syndrome.

To revisit Zac's decision yesterday, it was all down hill after that missed 4th down conversion.  

My other takes from yesterday:

The Chiefs are still "confused" and Patrick makes questionable passes.

I didn't think Love played that bad for the environment he was in.  He could have used some help from the freakin' FG kicker.

The Bills really laid a huge egg.

And how 'bout them Cowboys?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

To revisit Zac's decision yesterday, it was all down hill after that missed 4th down conversion.  

My other takes from yesterday:

The Chiefs are still "confused" and Patrick makes questionable passes.

I didn't think Love played that bad for the environment he was in.  He could have used some help from the freakin' FG kicker.

The Bills really laid a huge egg.

And how 'bout them Cowboys?

One of my takes is Julio Jones is Andre Johnson 2.0. 

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Sadly, the Titans are for real.

That is all....

The Colts, Rams and Seahawks all gave games away to them. They could easily be 3-5. If they are the best in the AFC the rest of the field is right on their tails. With all that being said they are finding ways to beat good teams and that isvwhat champions do.

• Like 1

Missed the game but just saw this per CBS' Cody Benjamin:

Why the Bears lost

Poor coaching. There were other issues, of course, but none bigger than that one. Case in point: Fields had his second straight coming-out party as an NFL QB, but only after enduring pretty lifeless play-calling for a whole half of action, in which Matt Nagy's staff seemed uninterested or incapable of making the rookie comfortable. Nagy's clock management also left something to be desired, but even worse, penalties set them back time and time again, costing them 115 yards, to be exact. Some were bad calls (Jaylon Johnson pass interference, Cassius Marsh taunting), but others (Robert Quinn offsides twice) showcased an apparent lack of discipline. Chicago fought hard, there's no doubt, with Fields and, really, the entire defense coming to play in crunch time, but it's fairly easy to see this team lost because of the decision-makers up top -- the guys who assembled and oversee this roster.