2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just now, BGleas said:

Should we list all of the things he's done that no other quarterback in history has done? That might take a few pages. 

But like talent..  hes excellent in a system. Excellent. Hes NOT some just ungodly talent. Never has been. He throws really good seam routes, and he does a great job of checking it down. Again system. 

But as far as him being the most talented QB... my goodness, no. 

I've never just watched TB12 and just been overly impressed with what I saw. Good decision making, usually though. It wasn't today. 

• Haha 1

Just now, btownqb said:

But like talent..  hes excellent in a system. Excellent. Hes NOT some just ungodly talent. Never has been. He throws really good seam routes, and he does a great job of checking it down. Again system. 

I've never just watched TB12 and just been overly impressed with what I saw. Good decision making, usually though. It wasn't today. 

Those are subjective type of things thought. Does Aaron Rodgers have a better arm? Sure. Is almost everyone a better runner as a QB? Sure. 

But Tom Brady is the GOAT by miles. There is nobody even close to him in terms of what he's accomplished in the game. It's not even a discussion.  

Just now, BGleas said:

Those are subjective type of things thought. Does Aaron Rodgers have a better arm? Sure. Is almost everyone a better runner as a QB? Sure. 

But Tom Brady is the GOAT by miles. There is nobody even close to him in terms of what he's accomplished in the game. It's not even a discussion.  

I agree the teams he's been on have accomplished more. 3 of those they had to cheat. 

I don't consider the QB some ungodly important postion like many. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Nobody said he was the most talented but you said he is overrated and that is what people find absurd.  Just because he is not the most athletic doesn't mean he wasn't the best QB.  Larry Bird was not the most talented but he is still one of the best players of all time.  Younger generation just looks at measurements when evaluating talent and not intangibles.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Not just for TB12 though

Right, the NFL designed their system to prevent dynasties and deliver parody. 

I'm not saying it was designed to stop Brady and Belichick specifically, but what the Patriots did was way more impressive than what say the Steelers, Cowboys or 49ers did. The salary cap was designed to prevent what the Patriots accomplished and they did it anyways. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Nobody said he was the most talented but you said he is overrated and that is what people find absurd.  Just because he is not the most athletic doesn't mean he wasn't the best QB.  Larry Bird was not the most talented but he is still one of the best players of all time.  Younger generation just looks at measurements when evaluating talent and not intangibles.

No.. younger generations don't, silly comment. 

If just simply winning the absolute ONLY measurement of a QB.. sure he's really good. I wouldn't use that as my only barometer. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree the teams he's been on have accomplished more. 3 of those they had to cheat. 

I don't consider the QB some ungodly important postion like many. 

I'm not getting into a debate about it, but we can agree to disagree on the cheating. 

A lot of media have run with misconceptions and narratives on those topics. 

Just now, btownqb said:

No.. younger generations don't, silly comment. 

If just simply winning the absolute ONLY measurement of a QB.. sure he's really good. I wouldn't use that as my only barometer. 

But it's not like he's Trent Dilfer with the wins, his individual numbers stack with the best too, then he's miles and miles ahead on the winning.  

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I can't even craft a response to that!?!?

I think he was excellent, in an excellent system. He was never hung out to dry, the short passing, the running game, the defense, the SPT have been immaculate. He played under the best football coach the league has ever seen and he thrived. I don't view him more than that. I never watched a Pats game and thought... wow, where would they be without TB12? Literally the best team in AFC one year removed from him with a rookie QB and Jacobi Myers as their best WR. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think he was excellent, in an excellent system. He was never hung out to dry, the short passing, the running game, the defense, the SPT have been immaculate. He played under the best football coach the league has ever seen and he thrived. I don't view him more than that. I never watched a Pats game and thought... wow, where would they be without TB12? Literally the best team in AFC one year removed from him with a rookie QB and Jacobi Myers as their best WR. 

I guess In your mind that Joe Montana is overrated as well.  All he did was win and complete passes but did not have an elite arm.  I guess going by your reasoning guys like Jeff George is an elite QB since he has all the measurables.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess In your mind that Joe Montana is overrated as well.  All he did was win and complete passes but did not have an elite arm.  I guess going by your reasoning guys like Jeff George is an elite QB since he has all the measurables.

Have I even brought up measurables? Even once? 🤔